Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTA & Sky+ Box

Options
  • 26-09-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I have sky+ which uses the 2 cables from my satellite.
    I have a free to air box which I want to set up in another room.
    Can I run an extra cable from the satellite into this room for my FTA box?
    If so, I read that CT-100 cable is the correct cable, is this right?
    Can I run a FTA and Sky + box on the one satellite?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

you will need to change the lnb on the dish to one of these, if it doesn't have one already.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sky-Quad-LNB-Sky-HD-Freesat-Legacy-adaptor-/270793229910?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item3f0c88c656

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I think these days when you get the sky+ in,you automatically get the quad lnb on it.

The OP could use one of the feeds from the sky+ box,,but if they were to record something,,they would have to watch the same channel that they are recording.

Best go the route the the poster above has pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 knoonan

I think it has a quad lnb on it when I looked at it last night. #
    Can I just run a cable from one of the port to the socket in my additional room?
    Will my FTA box work ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Yeah if you have a spare port on the lnb run a cable in and it will work..

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

Forgive my ignorance here but also have similar plan as the OP. I was planning on just splitting one of the feeds currently coming from the dish.
    Will this not work? I have a friend who did it with his saorview ariel feed but I know that's probably different.
    Not sure if my dish has the lnb mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

danmanw8 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance here but also have similar plan as the OP. I was planning on just splitting one of the feeds currently coming from the dish.
    Will this not work? I have a friend who did it with his saorview ariel feed but I know that's probably different.
    Not sure if my dish has the lnb mentioned above.

You cannot split a digital signal coming from a dish if you do then you will only receive the same band on both boxes so you will not be able to watch 2 different channels at the same time. Run a cable from the dish directly to the room required, if afraid of heights get the professionals in.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

steveon wrote: »
    if afraid of heights get the professionals in.

Thanks ;)

Advertisement