Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Too far from the exchange"

Options
  • 26-09-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Is learning this mantra, part of the induction for new Employees to Eircom?

Seems like every time I phone support I get this line being thrown back at me.

Even the last Eircom engineer that came out quoted it to me.

How long are you going to continue to use this... Im paying over 60 a month to you so realistically when are you going to improve the service, by rolling out fibre or whatever it takes ??

Jayo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jayo99 wrote: »
    Is learning this mantra, part of the induction for new Employees to Eircom?

Seems like every time I phone support I get this line being thrown back at me.

Even the last Eircom engineer that came out quoted it to me.

How long are you going to continue to use this... Im paying over 60 a month to you so realistically when are you going to improve the service, by rolling out fibre or whatever it takes ??

Jayo
    Hi jayo99
    it is an unfortunate fact that landline broadband is affected by the distance. I can only presume that you are more than 1.5 / 2Km from exchange. In these cases we cannot at this time do very much to improve line speed capacity.
    As my colleague posted you last month, eircom are currently initiating a fibre option which will offer approx 100,000 homes and premises a fibre option ( as you suggested) by summer 2012.
    Again my apologies we can not increase speeds to your own premises at this time.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Try looking at the national broadband scheme. You may be in a qualifying area.

E

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

eircom: Tony - Do you have any dates for fibre roll out for Kildare? I see from your map Wexford (why?) and Dublin seem to be getting it first..

exaisle : If this is the scheme operated by three then no thanks. Have previous history with three.. Coverage terrible.. Helpdesk even worse..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jayo99 wrote: »
    eircom: Tony - Do you have any dates for fibre roll out for Kildare? I see from your map Wexford (why?) and Dublin seem to be getting it first..

exaisle : If this is the scheme operated by three then no thanks. Have previous history with three.. Coverage terrible.. Helpdesk even worse..

Hi jayo99
    no info on Kildare fibre at this time. Afraid I don't really know how the decision was made for the trial areas. I do know these areas were chosen strategically and with the involvement of local authorities.
    Tony

Advertisement