Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler stove for semi d

• 26-09-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to replace my open fire with an inset stove.
    I've currently got a back boiler and want to continue this with the stove.
    I've got prices for a Charnwood slx45i for €1700 (unit only) which looks absolutely lovely but perhaps a bit ott.
    Another place Quoted approx €1650 for a Boru Chieftain and sundries (adapters etc). It looks like a nice unit too but with a very deep firebox. Does this make the 'look' of the fire awkward if the fire is at the back, iykwim?

What would be the general recommendation for inset stoves with a boiler? Apparently Esse are out if stock for ages but they have a very nice one too.

All comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

Pique wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to replace my open fire with an inset stove.
    I've currently got a back boiler and want to continue this with the stove.
    I've got prices for a Charnwood slx45i for €1700 (unit only) which looks absolutely lovely but perhaps a bit ott.
    Another place Quoted approx €1650 for a Boru Chieftain and sundries (adapters etc). It looks like a nice unit too but with a very deep firebox. Does this make the 'look' of the fire awkward if the fire is at the back, iykwim?

What would be the general recommendation for inset stoves with a boiler? Apparently Esse are out if stock for ages but they have a very nice one too.

All comments welcome.

How about a parkray cumbria? About £1,200 in the uk. Very well proven make. Can burn wood too:)

http://www.parkray.co.uk/HTML/Cumbria.html

Stove Fan:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Cheers mate.
    Am I missing something here regarding Parkray?
    I can get the Parkray 111g for £870 inc vat in the UK. That's a nice looking stove too.
    how are they regarded in the heating world as that seems too good to be true but its from a bricks n mortar place with an online presence.

I'm looking at €1600-1700 here in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

Pique wrote: »
    Cheers mate.
    Am I missing something here regarding Parkray?
    I can get the Parkray 111g for £870 inc vat in the UK. That's a nice looking stove too.
    how are they regarded in the heating world as that seems too good to be true but its from a bricks n mortar place with an online presence.

I'm looking at €1600-1700 here in Ireland.

Hi:) The frame pack and flue connector may be extra?

Parkray and charnwood inset stoves were the stove of choice for social housing in the UK. They are extremely good at what they do and very reasonable and virtually made of cast iron. Parkray are a long established company. The inset boiler stoves are well regarded and well proven. A relative had a parkray G range inset boiler stove for 15 years. Changed to gas as he was in his late 70's It was still in great working order:)

Please be aware the G range can only burn smokeless fuel like anthracite. The cumbria can burn coal, smokeless fuel and wood. There is not much in price between them.

If I was looking for an inset boiler stove I would be very happy to fit a parkray cumbria in my own home:)

The cumbria comes in the 99 and 111 models the 111 being the one fitted with larger boiler.

Unfortunately some things are very expensive here compared to the UK. I purchased my boiler stove in the UK as it was cheaper.

Keep me updated if you do buy a parkray.

Stove Fan:)

Advertisement