Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Games Night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Can anyone reccomend a cheap headphone /mic combo , i currently have none have never needed it but would upgrade for this game , i have really great standalone headphones but i doubt you can get a decent seprate mike that would work well in game

i suggest ya go to tesco and buy a headset and mic.
    theyve never given me any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Feck ya's! I was online last night too. Was completely thrashing everyone. 40-5 for the lulz. Some seriously crappy players on some servers

I'm one of them, I'm really sh1te at this game for some reason, my k/d in bc2 was something like 2.3/1. Here it's like .85/1. But deck it having a blast and that's the main thing :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Some good games tonight lads. PS I hate gunner and his UMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Some good games tonight lads. PS I hate gunner and his UMP.

lol

On that amazingly crap round I had, I think you were the only player I killed. All of my 3 kills were you :P

That round couldn't end quick enough lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

lol

On that amazingly crap round I had, I think you were the only player I killed. All of my 3 kills were you :P

That round couldn't end quick enough lol

Pretty sure that was my best round :P

Yeah was some good craic last night!

• Advertisement

Burgo wrote: »
    Pretty sure that was my best round :P

Yeah was some good craic last night!

Before that round, I'd had a few decent rounds, and after too. But that one round in particular I couldn't shoot a thing!

There was one point I think we were in one of the rooms off the rail tracks and you guys kept killing my team (including mojo!) and each time you guys ran in the door I was killing you all, it was hilarious! I was alive inside the door reviving and killing people for about 10 minutes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

That UMP you were using is lethal up close. A seriously unfair advantage I reckon :D

Really enjoyed the games last night. You're definitely more inclined to support your teammates when you are playing with fellow boardsie's. And you really appreciate the extra revive's and health you get over playing on a general server.

cdb wrote: »
    That UMP you were using is lethal up close. A seriously unfair advantage I reckon :D

Really enjoyed the games last night. You're definitely more inclined to support your teammates when you are playing with fellow boardsie's. And you really appreciate the extra revive's and health you get over playing on a general server.

Yeah its a quality gun when you get to the tunnels. Not great past mid-range distances, but this map really suits it.

Have tried numerous different scopes with it, but its always back to the good old reflex + laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Yeah its a quality gun when you get to the tunnels. Not great past mid-range distances, but this map really suits it.

Have tried numerous different scopes with it, but its always back to the good old reflex + laser.

I can't convince myself to use the laser attachment, is it only useful for dazzling opponents?

Edit: Also P90 + Magnum for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I find it great to snipe with, it does some serious damage! Usually use the acog with it, winning combo :pac:

• Advertisement

Mossay wrote: »
    I can't convince myself to use the laser attachment, is it only useful for dazzling opponents?

Edit: Also P90 + Magnum for the win!

Its pretty decent for getting on target without using the scope at medium ranges - quick target acquisition.

I don't like the ACOG with it for some reason. It just seems to bulky for the gun and blocks some of my view when carrying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

So, with the Beta on the way, anyone up for organizing some nights together? I'd up for it, will be free in the evening times all week of course.

We can use the boards.ie TS server too :D
    I'm on for some caspian tonight but can't get on the boards ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Whats your origin name? Ill add you for a game now :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Don't know why I was watching that borefest in Andorra while I could have been thumbing a lift around the Caspian Border, drop me an invite if anyone's about (Origin ID: MayoForSam).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Will be on Ts again tonight if anyone's up for some games. How long I'm on entirely depends how pissed off I get with the lag and how drunk I may get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Anyone up for playing now?
    Add FastCloud ¬_¬
    (Little did I know when I registered Mirror's Edge my throw away account name would come back to haunt me, thanks EA)

Advertisement