Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Rovers - Match Thread (football talk only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Derfil wrote: »
    Spurs looking at this as a warm up game to give previously injured players a run out. Rovers are going to look at this as a one off cup final, winner takes all which is the right attitude for them. Expect Rovers to give a good account of themselves and wouldn't be surprised if they nicked it 1-0.

that says what I wanted to say but better. football is a funny aul game

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D_B_

Mullo76 wrote: »
    that would an option and will allow someone to support the loan striker. "the poor mans mcgeady" great tag line. If BAE or Rose are playing left full he wont get 3/4 chances to cross the ball, he will get one if even and if he loses it esp Rose is quick and will leave him standing. Intriguing game I think. From a spurs point of view the main worry is heart, surely the rovers players will put everything on the line and more, question is will it be enough. Sure its great to be even talking about it.

It's crazy to be able to sit here talking about it! Sure we'll see how it goes tonight. Great to chat to someone here who seems to know his football. G'luck!

D_B_ wrote: »
    It's crazy to be able to sit here talking about it! Sure we'll see how it goes tonight. Great to chat to someone here who seems to know his football. G'luck!

cheers you too.

Right lads, logging off. Heading to Tottenham to find a nice bar stool to watch the game from. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Honestly I think I would buy a pint with fiver but decent odds. Think that shows what the bookies think. What odds ricketts for an anytime goal?

6/1.

I'm looking at Ricketts to score anytime and Rovers win @ 55/1 :) they really aren't giving them a hope in hell.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Honestly I think I would buy a pint with fiver but decent odds. Think that shows what the bookies think. What odds ricketts for an anytime goal?

6/1.

I'm looking at Ricketts to score anytime
    and Rovers win @ 55/1 :) they really aren't giving them a hope in hell.
    That might be worth a fiver at those odds
    though i can't be betting against spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boredboard

I wouldnt be hanging my hat on lennon unless he got some crossing coaching whilst out injured, maybe he watched a lot of dvds of good crossers of the ball.:D

yea that is a commonly held view but he is a very good impact player and has scored some important goals in big games; I guess what I am saying is there's more to him than crossing the ball;) I think he will do well tonight if he plays...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I have been supporting Spurs long enough now to take no result as a given, therefore am looking forward to this game and hoping for a good solid performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Anyone hazard a guess at the starting eleven?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I am expecting a strong performance from Rovers but a total collapse by the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

hope Pav gets the finger out tonight. Looking forward to seeing how carroll and livermore get on in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

Cudicini; Walker, Bassong, Corluka, Rose; Lennon, Carroll, Livermore, Giovani; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.
    subs Gomes, Kaboul, Bale, Falque, Modric, Townsend, Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mon the Hoops! Absolutely raging I'm not over there but a lack of funds and zero days off left this year have me stuck with Trevor "Exclusively" Welch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shamrock Rovers: Richard Brush, Pat Sullivan, Dan Murray, Craig Sives, James Paterson, Gary McCabe, Stephen Rice, Stephen O'Donnell, Ronan Finn, Billy Dennehy, Gary Twigg.

Disappointed that O'Neill's gone with Twigg rather than Kilduff, who's a lot better at holding up the ball and bringing others into play. Brush starts after Thompson's late knock, massive game for him to be coming into cold.

Edit - Doh, thought I was in the main soccer forum. Didn't realise it was Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bandscan

Spurs: Cudicini; Walker, Corluka, Bassong, Rose; Lennon, Livermore, Carroll, Dos Santos; Pavlyuchenko, Defoe

Shamrock Rovers; Brush, Sullivan, Sives, Murray, Paterson; McCabe, Finn, Rice, O'Donnell, Dennehy; Twigg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bandscan

Rovers XI: Brush, Sullivan, Sives, Murray, Paterson; McCabe, Finn, Rice, O'Donnell, Dennehy; Twigg

Looking at that line up its the long ball to Twigg,9-10 times it never works,Rovers should have just gone for it Kilduff & Sheppard with front would cause problems,Twigg will just lose the ball and Spurs will be on the attack again.

Debating watching this on channel 5 instead of TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

enda stevens not starting??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 golfnewbie

Genuinely hope the rovers supporters enjoy their trip to the home of football

come on the hoops... (we are both delusional .... home of football!! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Roddy Collins... Nice shirt & tie :o

• Advertisement

is that pat dolan on tv3 turned to channel 5

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Pat Dolan.... Noooooooooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

hope the officals are up to scratch all lithuanians. not exactly a footballing hotspot

larry1 wrote: »
    Pat Dolan.... Noooooooooooooo :(

channel 5

they keep calling them shamrock but its better than listening to that cock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

OH JAYSUS Pat Dolan. Please tv3 what did we do to deserve this?

Hope its a good game,

pav is dirt. id rather a rovers player up top for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Gio and Carroll looking useful. Pav seems to be picking up where he left off.

ziedth wrote: »
    Gio and Carroll looking useful. Pav seems to be picking up where he left off.

pitty the team coach bothered picking him up!;)

FFS Pav :mad:

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    pav is dirt. id rather a rovers player up top for us.

i repeat my earlier statement

Advertisement