Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Rovers - Match Thread (football talk only)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ruiseal wrote: »
    Delighted with the result, a win is a win. Also proud to be Irish, well done Rovers, great team and great supporters!

great assesment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great to get the win but it was a good effort from Rovers tonight,fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Rovers did themselves proud tonight, We didn't play too badly either just a couple of wrong choices in the final third otherwise it could have been 6 or 7.

Return game in Tallaght will be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Watched it on ch5, couldn't bear to listen to tv3 punditry.
    Fair play to Rovers, I thought they did excellent. Yes we could have had 3 or 4 in the first half, but we didn't and they hung in there and got there goal, which Ricer will remember for the rest of his life.
    Great vocal support from the rovers fans, fair play.

I thought carroll,livermore,rose and gio were very good.

Surely gio is ahead of lennon in the reckoning now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I thought carroll,livermore,rose and gio were very good.

Surely gio is ahead of lennon in the reckoning now ?

Livermore will not make it with us , he was poor last night

I'm a gio fan and he is quality , but lennon was taken off at H/T last night for a reason...next sunday in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Lennon had a tight hamstring.

I think Gio offers us a lot more that lennon and he worked bloody hard last night tracking all over the place. Id like to see him get a run in the team or at least come off the bench for more that 5 mins at a time.

I thought Carrol had some nice touchs but drifted out of the game in the second half. Livermore i rate a really good footballer but he didnt relly take command last night the way i would have liked.

Rose and livermore looked good again

BERBA wrote: »
    but lennon was taken off at H/T last night for a reason...next sunday in mind.

No chance, how could lennon be involved on sunday, he was garbage last night, nothing has changed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Gio ahead of Lennon? Yeah based on last night and on potential but Gio will have to start putting in perofrmances like that every time he gets game time to impress me and even more importantly Harry :D

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Gio ahead of Lennon? Yeah based on last night and on potential but Gio will have to start putting in perofrmances like that every time he gets game time to impress me and even more importantly Harry :D

I agree completely. But I think it's about time he got his chance. Probably not on Sunday but certainly in the coming games. I thought lennon only back from injury would be buzzing last night and it would have been a great chance to impress against a lesser (no disrespect) team. Instead he just appeared to be afraid to get on the ball and go at the fullback. Walker eneded up being our threat on that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boredboard

No chance, how could lennon be involved on sunday, he was garbage last night, nothing has changed with him.

He was clearly not fully fit but needed match time... he probably won't start against Arsenal because of this... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

boredboard wrote: »
    He was clearly not fully fit but needed match time... he probably won't start against Arsenal because of this... :rolleyes:

Quite obviously he wasn't fully fit mr rolyeyes, but it might be nice if he showed some hunger or desire !

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boredboard

Quite obviously he wasn't fully fit mr rolyeyes, but it might be nice if he showed some hunger or desire !
    just in response, you did call him 'Garbage'; seems a bit harsh for a player that wasn't fully fit.... is all I'm saying... rolleyes was because it was obvious to everyone (even yourself)... well done Rovers for a spirited display

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

keane=cock wrote: »
    ****ing put them back in their box now. i was happy with them doing well and defending well and oinly losing the game say one nil but for them to go one up? screw that. hit them for 4 or 5 now i say ;)

what the hell is wrong with this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

keane=cock wrote: »
    ****ing put them back in their box now. i was happy with them doing well and defending well and oinly losing the game say one nil but for them to go one up? screw that. hit them for 4 or 5 now i say ;)

what the hell is wrong with this country

Livermore and Lennon were very poor. Gio was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

mickman wrote: »
    Livermore and Lennon were very poor. Gio was very good

Excellent!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The Gio performance has to be put in perspective. With all due respect to Shams, it was against a bunch of part-timers, League 1 standard, maybe. He needs to prove himself against better opposition first. Undoubtedly he has the potential, but I'm not sure if the Premiership is the league for him.

boredboard wrote: »
    just in response, you did call him 'Garbage'; seems a bit harsh for a player that wasn't fully fit.... is all I'm saying... rolleyes was because it was obvious to everyone (even yourself)... well done Rovers for a spirited display

Yes and I stand by saying he was garbage. It's a build up over time, not just last night. He has great pace,if only he had the strength and passion of one or two of the others he'd be great. He loses it and does his little skip in the air like a 12 year old... not good enough, hopefully I'll be proved wrong about him.

THFC wrote: »
    The Gio performance has to be put in perspective. With all due respect to Shams, it was against a bunch of part-timers, League 1 standard, maybe. He needs to prove himself against better opposition first. Undoubtedly he has the potential, but I'm not sure if the Premiership is the league for him.

I agree, but why keep him if we are not gonna give him a proper chance. His work rate has been very good in his few appearences this season. IMO opinion, he is a better threat than lennon. Not as quick but you need more than pace to be a good player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Spurs are getting 400 tickets for the game next month.

stovelid wrote: »
    Spurs are getting 400 tickets for the game next month.

good stuff, should be a full house and a good atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

over 800 loyalty points required

so only the most loyal Spurs fans will be there

I know this is very important to some........

Advertisement