Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - a violin teacher in Cork city

Options
  • 26-09-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm not musically minded myself (think of the noise a cat makes geting a bath) but one of my housemates is newly arrived from France as an Erasmus student and needs a violin teacher. I don't know much about music (you'd never gues would you :o) so I thought I'd ask your good selves for advice/recommendations

We're living on Glasheen road so in a perfect world it would be someone local to UCC but if it was someone who is near a bus route that would be ok too - she can travel.

Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

If you pop into the school of music on Union quay there's a notice board in the foyer where students stick up ads for lessons. You might find someone there offering lessons at decent rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AlexJohn24

I also love to play violin, I am a good violin player and I didn't learn it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Yep-what markok said!.. Alternatively, try UCC school of music on Sunday's well road...

You can email Carmel, the main secretary at music@ucc.ie for some guidance! :)

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PhotoFireAir

I got a list of violin teachers from the Music shop on McCurtain street when I was looking for lessons. I am sure Pro Musica on Oliver Plunkett Street may be able to help too. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Is there a Suzuki school near the College of Commerce??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Hi Folks,

Sorry I haven't posted on here recently, I was away and didn't get much internet access. I've sent my housemate to all those places ye wrote so hopefully she'll work somehting out.

Thanks for all the information

Shane

Advertisement