Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well/spring water??

Options
  • 26-09-2011 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get nice clean free well/spring water around Sligo town or county dont mind to travel for it. The tap water here is so bad and we are spending so much money on bottled water its crazy. Even our dog won't drink the tap water when we noticed she wasn't drinking it we stopped using it altogether only thing we use it for is washing dishes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

if ya tell people your location they might be able to point you to a local spring. would a good quality water filter not be a better option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 radiojay

Hey,

Dont know if your interested but I know a experienced genuine water diviner who may be able to help you get your own spring on your land that you can tap and have your own spring water. Don't know if I can recieve Pm's as I dont be on here much, but try anyway and ill pass you on the contact details if your interested.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Living in Sligo town. So anywhere in county sligo would be ok can fill up lots at a time. We were thinking of getting a good filter but the cost is a lot for a really good one and then filters are very expensive. Also planning to move country in the next year or 2 and where we will be moving we wont need the filter. So balance of cost over long term is not wroth it.

radiojay thanks but we are in rented house in the town would be no use but thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Living in Sligo town. So anywhere in county sligo would be ok can fill up lots at a time. We were thinking of getting a good filter but the cost is a lot for a really good one and then filters are very expensive. Also planning to move country in the next year or 2 and where we will be moving we wont need the filter. So balance of cost over long term is not wroth it.

radiojay thanks but we are in rented house in the town would be no use but thanks again
    get onto the landlord or council about the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Holy Well would be a good source for drinking, I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Holy Well would be a good source for drinking, I think...

Wheres that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

radiojay wrote: »
    Hey,

Dont know if your interested but I know a experienced genuine water diviner who may be able to help you get your own spring on your land that you can tap and have your own spring water. Don't know if I can recieve Pm's as I dont be on here much, but try anyway and ill pass you on the contact details if your interested.:)

Water diviners can show you where to drill but not guarantee the water is perfect. May still cost you big with filtering.

Advertisement