Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Briar Rose Pub in Douglas

Options
  • 26-09-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Does anyone know who owns this pub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Yep, same owners as Driscolls pub in Douglas. Was leased out for years but they took over it again recently, have revamped it and the food now is excellentl

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

We were in there for a drink one night and some food was being served to a group that were there, looked great so we've said we'll be checking it out for food soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Food is fantastic there! They don't serve food past 3 on Mon or Tues though (as far as I know) must check with my source :pac:

That's great to know that it does good food and possibly doesn't serve after 3pm Mon & Tues. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Oleander wrote: »
    That's great to know that it does good food and possibly doesn't serve after 3pm Mon & Tues. Thanks.

Whether intentional or not (most likely intentional) your post is heavy on the sarcasm.

No need to be an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dermighty wrote: »
    Whether intentional or not (most likely intentional) your post is heavy on the sarcasm.

Really? He said he was thinking of checking out the food, she replied and said it was good and noted times it was not available, he then thanked her. Can't say I picked up the sarcasm.

But sure go ahead and make up your own mind and insult the poster anyway before finding out more about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

razorblunt wrote: »
    Really? He said he was thinking of checking out the food, she replied and said it was good and noted times it was not available, he then thanked her. Can't say I picked up the sarcasm.

But sure go ahead and make up your own mind and insult the poster anyway before finding out more about it!

Can't say I picked up the sarcasm either and I have pretty good detector - I though the OP was givings thanks to the Vinta81.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

I also didnt pick up on the sarcasm. Infraction issued.

Does anyone know who owns this pub?
    We were in there for a drink one night and some food was being served to a group that were there, looked great so we've said we'll be checking it out for food soon.
    Vinta81 wrote: »
    Food is fantastic there! They don't serve food past 3 on Mon or Tues though (as far as I know) must check with my source :pac:

castie wrote: »

In fairness to Dermighty I think it's simply a case of Dermighty not noticing the OPs 2nd post in the thread :)

Just to put this thread back on topic, my girlfriend was there the other night for food and it was fantastic again.

• Advertisement

So the actual pub does food as well as the Chinese above it?

RoverJames wrote: »
    So the actual pub does food as well as the Chinese above it?

Yep, all the raised level becomes the restaurant which is cordoned off by curtains and seems like a seperate area completely. Chef is ex-Ecos if I have heard right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Might suss this place out, Ecos annoys me, but Ihaven't eaten or evn attempted to eatin Ecos for a long time.

I am gobsmacked at Dermightys comment and absolutely no sarcasm was intended. I was simply saying thank you to Vinta81 and grateful for the information on The Briar Rose serving food till 3pm on a Mon and Tues.

Thank you to the other posters who chose to believe I was not being sarcastic.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

We went for lunch/dinner there today.
    Carvery @ 12.95, good choice and the food was really nice.

I got the lamb and had a very decent sized portion, miss_shadow had the beef and said it was very good too.

I'd defo go back again

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

oh this is good to hear...my OH won a voucher for there and we havent used it yet. Yeaaa nite out soon me thinks :)

mik_da_man wrote: »

I got the lamb and had a very decent sized portion, miss_shadow had the beef and said it was very good too.

I'd defo go back again

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Nice to get a recommendation, will check it out soon.

mik_da_man wrote: »

I'd defo go back again

You don't happen to remember what the veggie option was do you? We would usually stay away from carverys because my other half doesn't eat meat and usually the only veggie option is salmon, but I like carverys and if there's a good veggie option which it sounds like there might be here, then we'd give the carvery a go, but definitely would come here one evening for food.

The menus are available here: http://www.thebriardouglas.com/index.html :)

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    The menus are available here: http://www.thebriardouglas.com/index.html :)

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

You don't happen to remember what the veggie option was do you? We would usually stay away from carverys because my other half doesn't eat meat and usually the only veggie option is salmon, but I like carverys and if there's a good veggie option which it sounds like there might be here, then we'd give the carvery a go, but definitely would come here one evening for food.

I'm pretty sure it was Salmon from what I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

castie wrote: »

You're obviously blind or illiterate then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You're obviously blind or illiterate then.

TROL

Advertisement