Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with Terms of Teaching Application Form

• 26-09-2011 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey, I'm filling out a VEC application form. Under the section of Work Experience, you have to choose a term to describe the status of the job. I'd really appreciate if anyone could explain each term to me!

PWT/TWT/CID/ EPT/PT

I assume PWT is Permanent Whole Time Teacher, and I understand CID, I'm just not sure of the rest of them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ca_h wrote: »
    Hey, I'm filling out a VEC application form. Under the section of Work Experience, you have to choose a term to describe the status of the job. I'd really appreciate if anyone could explain each term to me!

PWT/TWT/CID/ EPT/PT

I assume PWT is Permanent Whole Time Teacher, and I understand CID, I'm just not sure of the rest of them?

PWT Permanent Whole Time
    TWT Temporary Whole Time
    CID Contract of Indefinite Duration
    EPT Eligible Part Time
    PT Part Time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ca_h

Thanks a mill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm already teaching one of the jobs just advertised by a vec. Bizarre process. Filled in my form today covering it in the name of the school trying to emphasise that I'm already doing the job lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm already teaching one of the jobs just advertised by a vec. Bizarre process. Filled in my form today covering it in the name of the school trying to emphasise that I'm already doing the job lol

It could still go to someone else. It's the risk the unions took when we tried to get as many people into stable hours as possible. Obviously in your case, hopefully the fact that you are doing the job already will help you be successful, but there are cases where it doesn't go to the incumbent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

If it doesn't I'm going to be extremely annoyed. I turned down another years career break for this. Actually the TUI claimed that these were very unusual cases. There's a few of us in our school who were interviewed in early July by the school itself, told we got the job and then told oh no actually you need to reinterview. I was on here in the summer panicking about it and it did seem to be unusual rather than the norm. Personally though I'm terrified and will be until the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

good luck with the interview but on a side note as an unemployed teacher it is soo f'ing annoying to go for an interview when in all reality the job is already gone. not getting at you personally - but the system totally sucks!!

Advertisement