Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what are you skipping at " season of wallet rape? "

Options
  • 26-09-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Well here it comes. the worst/best season for gamers. Developers have not learned a fecking thing from last few years, so we are back to squire one. There is a TON of games coming out in next few months. I know for sure i wont be able to afford all of them. so ofc we got to cut back on games to get...

So which games you want to get, but they are on your secondary list? most likely they will be purchased after holiday season in bargain section.

cut outs from me:

Dead island ( will wait for sales, looks cool, but not 40 quid cool )
    Driver Sanfrancisco ( looks so cool, but had to spend money elsewhere )
    Batman: arkham city ( looks great, loved the previuos game, but i will have to skip )
    Dark souls ( i would love it, but it will have to be cut out :( )
    RAGE ( really on a fence with this one. It looks okayish, nothing that would make me drop my jaw and throw my money at ID )
    Uncharted 3 ( great last 2 games, but cutbacks have to be done :( )
    MW3 ( as much as i really hate what they are doing with this franchise i will get it at some stage, most of my friends will anyway...)
    Saint Row 3 ( love it, if i i wll have spare cash ill grab it )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

going to wait for a dead island sale myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Only Arkham City appeals to me from that list, throw in Skyward sword and that's all I've got to worry about.
    Until valve decide it's time for the second part of their biannual attempt to take all my money, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My god, Dead Island was worth twice it's price! 40 hours of a game without even realising! Buy it!!!

I've skipped Gears 3, will pick that up when it's €15ish. Don't know if i'll be able to skip anything else. Possibly skip Skyrim, there's alot of other games that require online to get certain trophies, and depending on the online i may want to play them, but Skyrim is a single player game (if there is mp, i won't be playing it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Skipping:
    Dead Island
    RAGE (just not interested at all in this for some reason)
    MW3 (will borrow it off someone at some stage and play the singleplayer)
    Saint Row 3 (Never played it, zero interest)
    Space Marine (might rent it at some stage)
    Hasbro Family Game Night 4: The Game Show Edition (Game Night 3 should have been the end of the trilogy:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Skipping them all and waiting for Killer Steam Xmas sale, fingers cross,
    defo getting Skyrim though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Skyrim, BF3 , Fifa12, Saints Row3 and Batman should be enough to keep anyone happy for a few months

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They'll all be 15-20 euro's come after christmas other than CoD or possibly BF3. I'll wait until then. Only exception is Dark Souls which I simply must own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, im pondering waiting for a while too

not for skyrim or bf3 obviously, but the rest.. I can wait 2-3 months for arkham and saints row.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have little enthusiasm for military shooters followed by the number 3.

Dark Souls and Dodonpachi Resurrection are preordered. Ill pick up Arkham City and Uncharted 3. Others are very much dependent on whether a mysterious ex convict becomes my benefactor. Ill be hanging around the local marshland until that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Skipping Dead Island (looks good, but doubt I'd enjoy the repetition).

Gears 3. Waiting until that goes a bit cheaper.

Skyrim. Couldn't stand Oblivion so skipping this completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

chin_grin wrote: »
    Skipping Dead Island (looks good, but doubt I'd enjoy the repetition).

Gears 3. Waiting until that goes a bit cheaper.

Skyrim. Couldn't stand Oblivion so skipping this completely.

i did not even include skyrium in to my own list as i wont even bother getting it after what a rubbish oblivion was.

alot of developers will take a hit this holiday season. same happened 2 years ago, when alot of games got lost in time, because too many good games came out at the same time. just interesting to see which games will get hit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Skyrim, BF3 , Fifa12, and Gears 3 are the only games im getting before the new year. Thats all i'll need...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I am hoping for a mega christmas steam sale this year :-) where i get all my games at a nice discount :D
    Only ones i will pay full whack for is bf3 and skyrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Skipping:

Zelda skyward sword
    Rage
    Assassin creed revelations
    Battlefield 3 :maybe
    Batman arkham city ( maybe )
    Nba2k12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Skyrim will be the only day one purchase for me. Everything else can wait until they're sub €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Skyrim is being skipped getting dark souls instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm going to skip nearly everything until next year most likely. Yes, that includes Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dark Souls and Battlefield3 are pre-ordered. Skyrim was going to be a day one purchase but i'm going to see how much mileage I get out of Dark Souls first as I know i'll still be playing it religiously when Skyrim comes out!!

Uncharted 3 will also be a day one purchase, purely for the single player experience as I know it will be amazing and it won't eat into my Dark Souls play time too much!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I'm only skipping Assassins Creed: Revelation and im skipping it completely im really not into it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Will probably pick up "The Binding of Isaac", "Batman: Arkham City" and "Skyrim" but that'll be it.

Interested in BF3 but I just know I won't have the time for online gaming then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Had a massive clearout of my old games that I don't play anymore.

Have preorders for Fifa 12, Batman, Battlefield 3 and Jonah Lomu Rugby.
    Have an Xtravision voucher which I'll use for Assassin's Creed.

Will wait for Uncharted 3, Dark Souls and Skyrim.

Christ, I need to buy a few scratchcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

prolly just gonna get Batman and Skyrim, even stretching it at that, i need a job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

All last week I was saying to myself: "I'll skip Gears, it's not that big a deal."
    My gamercard shows how wrong I was :)

Aside from AC: Revelations I don't think there is anything else I'd go nuts for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thorshammer

skipping skyrim , dark souls, bf3, arkam city , uncharted 3 , forza 4 !!! dont like em at all !!! gonna get fifa12 , rage, wwe12 , saints row 3 cod3 , acr, halo aniversary ! shud keep me entertained for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Skyrim will probably sneak in somewhere. Short of that I have to be damn careful on the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

RAGE, Forza, BF3, NFS: The Run.

Wasn't impressed with any of these at Eurogamer Expo (Suck it, Battlefield fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Will get BF3, Skyrim, SWOTR and maybe AC:Revelations. Don't have the time for anything else atm, maybe in the summer, or I'll stock up in a Steam Sale and never play like most games I have

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Already spent a load on(all over) Skyrim('s face) and Battlefield 3 so I'll be skipping on MW3, will do my utmost to get Batman and Saints Row, though I haven't the slightest idea on how I'll be able to spend(not money now) time on them, I mean I'd at least devote a month to both Batman and Saints each, Skyrim'll be a few months(read: A lifetime) and BF3 will be the wind down after work.

Don't even get me started about bloody SWTOR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm gonna be skipping alot of titles I've got mid to strong interest in. Case in point is already having skipped Dead Island (mid) and Deus Ex (strong) due to a heavy backlog of games that I'm working through.

I'd said months ago my 3 1st week purchases would be Gears (done), BF3 and Batman. Looking like sticking to that although there are a few others that i've strong interest in so won't discount getting them but I really do have to focus on the quality from last year sitting in my "To Play" list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gears 3 will keep it's high retail price for a while after Christmas I'd be willing to bet. All the big Microsoft exclusives (and Rockstar games) tend to do that.

Advertisement