Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what are you skipping at " season of wallet rape? "

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

skyrim better not have been turned into a casual pick up and play piece os horse s**t or it will be the last bethesda game i buy on blind faith, square finished me with xiii, and bioware (the cnuts who i loved) finished me with da2 :( gaming is beginning to suck tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

skyrim better not have been turned into a casual pick up and play piece os horse s**t or it will be the last bethesda game i buy on blind faith, square finished me with xiii, and bioware (the cnuts who i loved) finished me with da2 :( gaming is beginning to suck tbh
    Ah now, Gears 3 on Hardcore with a few mates and a couple(copious amounts) of drinks is a right laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Elrollo wrote: »
    Ah now, Gears 3 on Hardcore with a few mates and a couple(copious amounts) of drinks is a right laugh :D

So GOW3 is getting better with more drinks you have, same way ugly woman becomes hotter with more drinks you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Elrollo wrote: »

from what ive heard gears 3 hardest difficulty is nothing compared to gears 1's hardest difficulty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'll be picking up FIFA & Gears friday & have Arkham City pre ordered other than that i'll be playing the waiting game after preordering Fable III & Black Ops last year and HATING them with a passion. The likes of AC:Revelations, ain't getting bought until next summer,others like Saints Row 3 i'm expecting to be cheap in the january sales. I kinda have to buy Mario Kart 7 & Super Mario 3D Land to justify my 3DS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I think Batman is the only one that's caught my eye... And I don't think I'll cough up 50quid for it.

On the other hand, there are loadsa games that I haven't played over the last year of so (the likes of Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Dead Space 2 and the likes) which are going quite cheap at the moment, so I reckon I'll spend the season playing those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'll be picking up Skyrim so I'll be skipping life after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'll be practically skipping everything, I've got the rest of 2011 kinda booked up. I'm still catching up from the last year! Man, this is the best problem ever! You don't hear music-lovers or film-buffs giving out there's too many awesome albums/films to watch!

Now playing : Dead Space 2, DKC Returns (Wii)

On the horizon : Zelda : Skyward Sword, Batman 2, Uncharted 2. Also finish co-op Gears 2. If I manage to get that done in 2011 I'll be very happy.

Batman 2 might get put on the long-finger since it's only been 2 years since doing AA part 1. Skyward Sword is a day 1 purchase for me though. It pays to be about a year late to the party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

No questions asked I am defiantly going to get skyward sword (I love zelda games) and battlefield 3.

Skipping MW3 (for the obvious reasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I plan to skip everything bar Dark Souls, Uncharted 3 and maybe Skyrim (after Xmas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

from what ive heard gears 3 hardest difficulty is nothing compared to gears 1's hardest difficulty

??? Gears 1 was pretty okay on Insane. Gears 2 Horde lev 40+ and Insane campaign were much harder!

OT Skipping everything except BF3, MW3, Skyrim and probably FIFA 12. I'll pickup the rest in the sales or as Xmas presents and already got Gears 3.

Uncharted 3 will prob be reduced after xmas as I think the 2nd one was last time round.
    Rage I don't *think* will sell well tho it looks awesome so I'll wait on sales/reviews for that.
    Saint's Row 3 I might pickup as well if they add in some decent gameplay besides "OMG a pink dildo! LOL!"
    Batman is a definite buy too at some point. There's no decent games coming out in Feb/March is there??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

@NunianVonFuch

So you aren't skipping much then! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's no decent games coming out in Feb/March is there??? :D

It's now turned into a second busy season in the year. And Mass Effect 3 is out then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There's no decent games coming out in Feb/March is there??? :D

The Last Guardian is supposed to be out late Q1 or early Q2 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2 - both due early next year AFAIK.
    (Both long weekend games too...) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    @NunianVonFuch

So you aren't skipping much then! :pac:

Reading that back I'm not! No money for all that tho, I'm living in denial :D

Feb/March comment was ment to be sarcastic as I'm a huge fan of the Max Payne, Mass Effect and Far Cry series (in that order). I figure I can fatten up at Christmas and go without food for a few weeks, no bother :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The only games I'll be picking up will be FIFA 12, Uncharted 3 and Arkham City.

I'll be asking for Battlefield or MW3 for Christmas no doubt so I can wait until then.

Should keep me well occupied over the aul Christmas period.

Was gonna pick up Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS but I'd fully expect that to plummet in price come January in the sales... hopefully.

EDIT: Having said that, I know I'll end up buying Skyrim and RAGE amongst others. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That_Guy wrote: »
    The only games I'll be picking up will be FIFA 12, Uncharted 3 and Arkham City.

I'll be asking for Battlefield or MW3 for Christmas no doubt so I can wait until then.

Should keep me well occupied over the aul Christmas period.

Was gonna pick up Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS but I'd fully expect that to plummet in price come January in the sales... hopefully.

EDIT: Having said that, I know I'll end up buying Skyrim and RAGE amongst others. :pac:

You're anticipating a first party Nintendo title to go down in price within a year of its release? You'll get four euro knocked off come August 2017, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    You're anticipating a first party Nintendo title to go down in price within a year of its release? You'll get four euro knocked off come August 2017, probably.

But it will be a first party title without Mario, right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just look at the prices of Kirby and DKC Returns on the Wii still. Only nintendo game I saw heavily discounted lately was Metroid Other M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'll be skipping Dark Souls and Skyrim as I had trouble getting into their predecessors (Esxpecially Oblivion).

Defo will get Battlefield 3 and PES 2010.

After that I honestly don't know - I still need to finish FF13 (for some reason), FF4, Dead Space 2....and maybe one day Demons Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Wario, Peach and Animal Crossing Wii/DS titles are only coming down in price now, and they're old by generational standards. I mean, Jesus, even first party Gamecube titles can command a very respectable price if in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Will probably pick up "The Binding of Isaac", "Batman: Arkham City" and "Skyrim" but that'll be it.

Interested in BF3 but I just know I won't have the time for online gaming then.

Well "The Binding of Isaac" is excellent so hopefully the other two follow suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Well here it comes. the worst/best season for gamers. Developers have not learned a fecking thing from last few years, so we are back to squire one. There is a TON of games coming out in next few months. I know for sure i wont be able to afford all of them. so ofc we got to cut back on games to get...

So which games you want to get, but they are on your secondary list? most likely they will be purchased after holiday season in bargain section.

cut outs from me:

Dead island ( will wait for sales, looks cool, but not 40 quid cool )
    Driver Sanfrancisco ( looks so cool, but had to spend money elsewhere )
    Batman: arkham city ( looks great, loved the previuos game, but i will have to skip )
    Dark souls ( i would love it, but it will have to be cut out :( )
    RAGE ( really on a fence with this one. It looks okayish, nothing that would make me drop my jaw and throw my money at ID )
    Uncharted 3 ( great last 2 games, but cutbacks have to be done :( )
    MW3 ( as much as i really hate what they are doing with this franchise i will get it at some stage, most of my friends will anyway...)
    Saint Row 3 ( love it, if i i wll have spare cash ill grab it )

Batman and Uncharted are all that piques my interest there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

skipping all games this christmas, if anything im buying a ps2 to replay GT3-4 among others.

SCREW the evil IW/Activision/ea industry killing machine :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Food n sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

so far have on preorder

fifa 12
    dark souls
    bf3
    mw3
    zelda skyward sword.

think i will leave it at that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Think I'm going to rent MW3 and Uncharted 3 on release day if I can just for the single play epic storylines and down the line when they come down in price I'll probably buy them.. never rented a game before but really want to play Uncharted especially and COD single play is always good for a long session.... funds just won't spread to €100 for the 2 of them and I can't see me getting my money's worth out of them because I don't have time for online anymore really combined with my general lack of interest in online shooters since COD4 took over my life for a few months....

Dark Souls will have to be purchased and Skyrim is one of those games I'm just gonna have to play and can be spread out over multiple sessions and will last til well after Christmas....

haven't gotten round to playing Arkham Asslum yet so gonna pick that up instead of Arkham City ;) and hopefully I'll be able to get Arkham City on the cheap after Christmas in the second hand section somewhere

ahhh why can't the developers realise that spreading the top name games across the year would result in better sales for them :confused:

I'm sure it's pretty simple economics and has some fancy name but surely common sense says if you release your big game at the same time as 20 other good games are being released your not going to make as much money due to the competition..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Will be skipping BF3 after playing that Beta, shocking. Or maybe pick it up if i do eventually get a PC upgrade.

Skipping Dead Island also as i actually wanted to get it but was sold out everywhere so now it can just wait till it gets cheaper since Dark Souls is out next week. Infact i may as well skip everything since Dark Souls is out next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Battlefield 3 defo has slipped down from my must get list after the shcoking Beta.

(The beta for BC2 is what sold me that game).

I have been trying to tie up some Demons Souls loose ends and am now considering preordering Dark Souls to the nice edition before they all sell out.

Advertisement