Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do FIFA decide what leagues to include in their game

Options
  • 26-09-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Question in the title, lads. How is it that the Airtricity League can still be included when the Turkish league is omitted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

They need licences to put teams and leagues in so I would imagine that's the main problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Do you mean to say that FIFA didn't secure the rights to put the Turkish league and it's likenesses into the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Do you mean to say that FIFA didn't secure the rights to put the Turkish league and it's likenesses into the game?

Someone from EA mentioned on twitter than the match-fixing scandal in Turkey meant that FIFPro wouldnt allow the league to be used in video games etc.

The Dutch national team were never in FIFA untill FIFA 10. Wales are not in FIFA etc. There are loads of examples.

Alright thanks for shining a light on this for me. I knew it couldn't be down to something like demand.

So with regards having to secure the licencing to include likenesses in games, can we assume that Lansdowne Road will never ever appear in a FIFA game? Given that it's referred to officially as 'Dublin Arena' for almost everything bar ROI international matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd like them to include more Asian teams in future games. The J-League would be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'd like them to include more Asian teams in future games. The J-League would be a nice addition.

Could be wrong but dont PES have that one tied up? Could be wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

joe123 wrote: »
    Could be wrong but dont PES have that one tied up? Could be wrong....

Had a quick google...Don't think the J-League is in PES but there's a game released in Japan every year called J-League Winning Eleven developed by Konami also.

I guess the J-League isn't an option in Fifa because of this.

With the addition of Arabic commentators this year I'd say a league from the Middle East or selection of teams is not far behind.

Advertisement