Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap place in city/Salthill to get shirts ironed?

Options
  • 26-09-2011 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Anybody know of a cheap call-in ironing service, and how much it costs per shirt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was going to move this to AH just for the obvious "yore ma"

But seriously, there is a place in Salthill, next to Paddy Powers and Canton Kitchen.

Or you can just hang them up straight after the washing machine. As they drip-dry they should stay wrinkle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

biko wrote: »
    I was going to move this to AH just for the obvious "yore ma"

But seriously, there is a place in Salthill, next to Paddy Powers and Canton Kitchen.

Or you can just hang them up straight after the washing machine. As they drip-dry they should stay wrinkle free.

:D

Any idea how much it costs?

I always hang them up, but a couple of them get very wrinkly no matter what I do. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nah, mate I don't know price.
    I just buy wrinkle free and hang them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

You could get an Iron in Tesco for 6.99

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

The launderette on Sea Road between Ernies and The Crane is apparently doing a deal on ironing at the minute according to a sign in their window...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Jo Corless in Corless menswear is doing great deals on ironing, 25c per item, you won't beat that. Tell him Lil sent you and you'll be sound ;). Forgot to mention, he does mens and womens ironing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

FFS man it up & learn how to do it yourself, save you running round all day like a muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Not everyone has the time to iron their garments. I own 50 or so shirts and outsource all my ironing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

fair enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

yeehaw wrote: »
    Not everyone has the time to iron their garments. I own 50 or so shirts and outsource all my ironing.

What the fcxk do you need 50 shirts for? Is there a woman in your life?

• Advertisement

why wouldn't I need 50 shirts? I wear one at work every day and more often than not I'll wear shirts at the weekend too. Bring in 30-40 to be washed/ironed once a month or slightly less often. What's the woman query about?

Notch000 wrote: »
    FFS man it up & learn how to do it yourself, save you running round all day like a muppet

Ironing in general is a pain but ironing shirts is impossible, I literally cant get a shirt into a condition suitable for wearing in public by ironing it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

The cleaners in Westside Shopping Centre were doing a deal of ironing 6 shirts for €10 - don't know if they still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Takes 3 minutes to iron a shirt, even if you wear one every day thats only 25mins per week, including time to set the board up and down.

As for can't do it .... grow a pair! ()

JustMary wrote: »
    Takes 3 minutes to iron a shirt, even if you wear one every day thats only 25mins per week, including time to set the board up and down.

As for can't do it .... grow a pair! ()

you can iron mine so if you like it so much.

Advertisement