Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rupture- SSFIV:AE Tournament 15/10/11 in 091Labs, Eyre Square, Galway City

Options
  • 26-09-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Rupture in Galway City!
    To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time there has been a SSFIV:AE tourney held here in Galway, so hoping to see a bit of a turn out for it.

It will be held on Saturday 15th October in 091 Labs which is situated above Kenndy's pub Eyre Square. Resgistry will start at noon, and close at 1pm with the tournament starting fairly soon afterwards. Entrance fee will be a 10er.
    This will only be played through Xbox 360, and there'll be no PS3s present.

091 Labs should be easy enough to find, here is the link
    http://091labs.com/contact/
    I believe the pub (pitcured in that link) is painted completely black now as opposed to red though. You'll be entering the door marked 47

Also, for anyone thinking about travelling from Dublin and looking for transport, I'd reccommend these guys http://citylink.ie/ They do a great express. 18quid for the return ticket, I believe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Anyone from Cork thinking of making the trip up?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

mackg wrote: »

I might, I'll have to see if I'm free that weekend I think I might have a birthday I've to go to though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I shall be, though I'll probably go up the day before and stay at my parents house :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I doubt it on my part. I was at Tempest Saturday just gone, I'm planning on going to Inferno this Saturday, then there is the Glacial the week after in Limerick so I want a bit of a rest after travelling for SF 3 weeks in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hmmm...I'm interested alright, some journey though frown.gif
    Any cheap trains or anything headin up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

As luck may have it, I may be staying in Galway overnight too Sai.

Time to rekindle our old "rivaly"? :D

WasterEx wrote: »

Hmmm...I'm interested alright, some journey though frown.gif
    Any cheap trains or anything headin up?
    It's only 2.5/3 hours on the bus with Citylink. As far as I recall the train is not much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    It's only 2.5/3 hours on the bus with Citylink. As far as I recall the train is not much faster.

For me, the primary advantage of the train was always the comfort. It's often faster as well, but if they're comparable, I'd still pick train.

I didn't even know you could get a train from Cork to Galway, I'm on my way to college now but I'll check prices and stuff when I get back this evening.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp

As can be seen there the train is of no use really as it takes longer than the bus because of the roundabout route it takes.

The citylink is the most viable option as far as I can see being ~20e. Leaving Patricks Quay at 9:00 and arriving at the new coach station in Galway at 12:15. Returning at 4:30 or 6:30 in the evening and the journey taking 3.25 hours. Will there be time to get the tourney done and get back to the station for half 6?

• Advertisement

Will there be time to get the tourney done and get back to the station for half 6?
    I can't vouch for how long the tourney will run (Tempest usually takes about 4.5 hours), but the venue is only about 5 minutes from the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sairus wrote: »
    I can't vouch for how long the tourney will run (Tempest usually takes about 4.5 hours), but the venue is only about 5 minutes from the bus station.

Pretty much this. At the moment, I really can't say how long the event will last, because I'm not sure about the amount of folks showing up yet. The more folks, the longer it'll all take. As Sairus said though, the bus depot is just around the corner from 091 Labs.

Just tossed an Event up on facebook about this, entitled Rupture- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Tournament. If anyone is on fb, feel free to hit the Event and pass it on to your friends to get the word around. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Will be at this.

Also, beer afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hey dude, I gave you a shoutout on the site

http://randomselect.ie/?p=3520

Facebook/Retweet at your leisure

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

I will be there. looking forward to this.

you should try and contact the NUIG Gamesoc (if there is one??) and let them know. might pick up a few people there.

Jim wrote: »
    Will be at this.

Also, beer afterward.

Since the tournament is above a pub, it would be a crime not to. Lol
    Hey dude, I gave you a shoutout on the site

http://randomselect.ie/?p=3520

Facebook/Retweet at your leisure

I really appreciate that, man. Fair play to ya. This will be all over my fb, and the fb event too. Cheers. Also, I've got randomselect mentioned on all the posters (which are currently everywhere here in Galway city.
    ogiekeaney wrote: »
    I will be there. looking forward to this.

you should try and contact the NUIG Gamesoc (if there is one??) and let them know. might pick up a few people there.

Already contacted them, dude, but I never got a reply... Son I just plugged the college full of posters instead. That'll teach'em ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

i shall attend this event, going as group?.

i will have money then plus its 2 days after me b.day so hopefully will have some luck at the tournament too :p

Shokashi wrote: »
    i shall attend this event, going as group?.

i will have money then plus its 2 days after me b.day so hopefully will have some luck at the tournament too :p

Yeah group trip will the make the trip up less boring too and it will be good to get a good turnout for the inaugural Galway tournament.

Already contacted them, dude, but I never got a reply... Son I just plugged the college full of posters instead. That'll teach'em ;)[/QUOTE]

Cool, ill try to spread the word as best I can aswell.:)

• Advertisement

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    Already contacted them, dude, but I never got a reply... Son I just plugged the college full of posters instead. That'll teach'em ;)

Cool, ill try to spread the word as best I can aswell.:)[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated, dude. I was contacted by a guy from GMIT looking for posters to hang around their campus too. Hopefully that'll get the word around there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Jim wrote: »
    Will be at this.
    Also, beer afterward.

Why aren't people thanking this post and getting hype!
    This is what Jim will be repping like!

298238_10150281859023860_544473859_7826116_3041916_n.jpg

Another belt of posters about to go up around GMIT. They don't need no education, they need some Street Fighter instead :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 martij9

Greetings SSF4 luvers. Any place to play casual matches in Galway? I will be visiting from Oct 10-15.

martij9 wrote: »
    Greetings SSF4 luvers. Any place to play casual matches in Galway? I will be visiting from Oct 10-15.

Hey, man. I don't think there really is anywhere for casuals round here. I know that some of the Xboxs in Squareyes have the first release of FSIV, but I don't really see folks playing it. This tournament is on the 15th if you're interested though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 martij9

deathrider wrote: »
    Hey, man. I don't think there really is anywhere for casuals round here. I know that some of the Xboxs in Squareyes have the first release of FSIV, but I don't really see folks playing it. This tournament is on the 15th if you're interested though.

I will most surely be at the tournament. I wanted to get some in person matches too. Are you or any of your friends down to play at my hotel during any of the nights i'm staying at Galway? Someone would have to bring a console setup and a copy of game. I think we might be able to use the hotel tv. I'm staying at the Clayton Hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=clayton+hotel+galway&fb=1&gl=us&hq=clayton+hotel+galway&hnear=clayton+hotel+galway&cid=0,0,7371535527013009792&ei=1LKMTrf6CdGBsgKEyrjPBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CCAQ_BI

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

A friend studying in Galway recommended I go to this, so I might do.

martij9 wrote: »
    I will most surely be at the tournament. I wanted to get some in person matches too. Are you or any of your friends down to play at my hotel during any of the nights i'm staying at Galway? Someone would have to bring a console setup and a copy of game. I think we might be able to use the hotel tv. I'm staying at the Clayton Hotel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=clayton+hotel+galway&fb=1&gl=us&hq=clayton+hotel+galway&hnear=clayton+hotel+galway&cid=0,0,7371535527013009792&ei=1LKMTrf6CdGBsgKEyrjPBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CCAQ_BI

Don't reckon I'll be able to help you out there. Between this tourney and being up to my eyeballs in assignments, I just won't have the time. Sorry, man.
    prenelf wrote: »
    A friend studying in Galway recommended I go to this, so I might do.

You should :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

It's looking like I'll be in Galway that weekend so I should be turning up for this event :D

• Advertisement

hey, so what will the rules/format be for the tourney. I guess it will depend on the numbers but i guess it would be good to outline rules in relation to:

use of turbo( banned im hoping)
    wireless controllers( alot of tournaments seem to ban wireless controllers but meh)
    Counterpicking etc etc.

Advertisement