Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rupture- SSFIV:AE Tournament 15/10/11 in 091Labs, Eyre Square, Galway City

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

Thank for organising the tournament lads. you did a bang up job!! fair play to sairus amd marij9 also. good final!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

T'was indeed a good one! Cheers for running it and congrats on a smooth first event! :D

GGs to everyone. Those were a brutal 3 games I had to play with Prenelf, Marij9 and Shokashi before the finals.. which was another painful game with Marij :pac: I think that's the first time I've ever asked for a break between opponents!
    I'll get you next time, man!

Videos will be up on Tuesday when I get back to Cork.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention how awesome that venue is. Great job sourcing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

hey sairus. did i leave my mvc3 disk in your xbox?

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    hey sairus. did i leave my mvc3 disk in your xbox?
    ...it appears you did. I can get that back to you before I head back to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That was a loooooooooong day, but a severly enjoyable one. I may have had my ass firmly kicked, but I had a blast watching the fights today. Some of the most intense matches I've ever seen (especially in the final)

Major thanks to Sairus (and his bro), Ogiekeaney, and Jim for supplying the gear. Extra special thanks to Jim for all but holding my hand with the whole formatting/ taking score/ and basically keeping things in check. I didn't even realise how just lost I would have been without you helping out untill the elimination rounds started. Still getting my head around it.
    Thanks some more to the lads at 091 for letting us use their space. Lovely bunch of lads, and I'd highly reccommend them if anybody ever wants to set up... well anything really.
    And of course, thanks to everyone else who showed up for the tournament. It was great craic lads.

Fair play to Marij9, Sairus and Shokashi for bringing home the bacon. Some serious matches played out. I was being schooled just watching these fights.

Also, there was a white Xbox 360 joypad left in the venue (I've got it at the moment). Whose is it?

Anybody up for another Rupture then? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Great job on your first tournament Deathrider.

Not many people are willing to step up to the plate like you did, and it looks like it was a really good one.

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

i have to admit this was a good event, and yes another one would be nice providing we can stock up on more players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 martij9

thanks for organizing the tournamet, Death rider.

I had a blast playing the crew for Cork, Shannon, and Galway. Galway should try to set up weekly meetings cuz I want you guy guys take down Dublin in team battles!

If you guys would like to add me on Xbox live, my gamer tag is
    martij9
    I don't know how much lag there will be from California to Ireland

Cheers for the kind words, lads. Much appreciated, and I'm glad everyone had a good day. Also, if there are/were any complaints, lay them on me so I can try to sort them out for the next one.

martij9 wrote: »
    thanks for organizing the tournamet, Death rider.

I had a blast playing the crew for Cork, Shannon, and Galway. Galway should try to set up weekly meetings cuz I want you guy guys take down Dublin in team battles!

If you guys would like to add me on Xbox live, my gamer tag is
    martij9
    I don't know how much lag there will be from California to Ireland

Yeah, man, you got me thinking when you mentioned that yesterday. I'd love to see a bit of a gaming scene evolving here in Galway, and getting in the swing of it with the rest of Ireland's fighters. I'll have words with the folks in 091 Labs to see how much casuals would cost, and maybe see where I can go from there.

On a side not though, I still can't get my head around how you use that stick. It looks mental, dude. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

martij9 wrote: »
    Galway should try to set up weekly meetings cuz I want you guys take down Dublin in team battles!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 martij9

Ali G in da house is top tier!

Grand Finals are up now. The rest will be up later!

(Video may still be processing)

That still makes for some incredibly intense viewing. Hell of a fight!

All the videos are now uploaded.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SairusIllumina#grid/user/249171F2AAAB36C5

Anyone know who the Cammy was?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jim?

Yeah, I'd say it was Jim. Jim and myself were the only Cammy players there (as far as I know), and that's not me fighting in that vid.

Advertisement