Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlestown accomodation, your house, a bus shelter, a B&B I can withstand anything

Options
  • 26-09-2011 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm coming to Co Mayo and Galway next week on the 1715 flight from Manchester. I was trying to sort my transport to Westport out but there are no bus services out of Knock airport to Westport to meet my flight.

I was thinking that I could walk to Charlestown and stay there overnight and then get the 0910 bus to Westport.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the cheapest (I really don't care what it's like) B&B in Charlestown, or, maybe, anyone would like to put me up for the night in Charlestown.

Cliff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

This B&B has good reviews on Tripadvisor: http://www.riversiderest.com/accommodation.htm

Few more here might be a bit cheaper: http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Tourism-g1185955-Charlestown_County_Mayo-Vacations.html

You might want to get a taxi or hitchhike down to Charlestown, long walk down the hill if you're carrying a bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 loobycliff

Thanks, that's very helpful (I can't thank you by name because the screen has disappeared) but I'm going to ring Clocan tomorrow morning. "Kla-han". Bloody hell, your language! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

You could get a taxi to Claremorris rail station (25 min) and take the 18:21 to Westport. Taxi would cost €30-40 but rail fare €10 online could work out cheaper and quicker than B&B+Bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 loobycliff

Thanks Neworder that may well work out cheaper. It's a long time since I've stayed in a B and B so I'm probably a bit out of touch but I was totally taken aback at how much people charge to lend you a bed and give you a bacon roll in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

loobycliff wrote: »
    I'm coming to Co Mayo and Galway next week on the 1715 flight from Manchester. I was trying to sort my transport to Westport out but there are no bus services out of Knock airport to Westport to meet my flight.

I was thinking that I could walk to Charlestown and stay there overnight and then get the 0910 bus to Westport.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the cheapest (I really don't care what it's like) B&B in Charlestown, or, maybe, anyone would like to put me up for the night in Charlestown.

Cliff

PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement