Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Warning

Options
  • 26-09-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Had a run in with some members of the travelling community earlier today, saw them in my neighbours, one was helping himself to a roll of wire and another one was walking round the house looking in the windows. My neighbour went on holidays yesterday so I knew noone was home, I shouted at them and told them I had their reg and was ringing the guards, they jumped into their van and took off fairly fast !! They're driving a white open back van, the back is blue so its easy to spot, I did;nt get the reg, not sure if I'd be allowed post it anyway, might infringe on their civil rights or something !! The guards were notified and did stop them and told me they were a well known family from Dundalk,. obviously started their Christmas shopping early !!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The ones to watch are the ones with vans that have something like
    "Acme Kitchens" painted on rear doors. Pull up at house - neighbours think "oh look they are getting work done" - they are been done alright. The painted signs are peeled off once they are gone....

If you see similar activity wip out the camera and start flashing - they will move faster than greased lightning....

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Yeah I had my phone up like I was taking pictures and from the speed they left at I think they might be a bit camera shy......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

*snip* i was working around that area a few weeks back and that van was coming and going to a house beside where i was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

bnear wrote: »
    Yeah I had my phone up like I was taking pictures and from the speed they left at I think they might be a bit camera shy......:D
    In my experience with them they couldn't care less whether the Guards show up or not. Deny Deny Deny - excuse after excuse after excuse. In the unlikely event they are charged with anything they will almost certainly have given a false name and will not show up in court anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Not again ! :(

Mind me asking the general area ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Scotty # wrote: »
    In my experience with them they couldn't care less whether the Guards show up or not. Deny Deny Deny - excuse after excuse after excuse. In the unlikely event they are charged with anything they will almost certainly have given a false name and will not show up in court anyway.

Ya however they are notiorously camera shy! The recent debacle at Dale Farm you will have noticed that it was largely teenage girls were on camera + the odd Mamy. I didn't see one male traveller in any of the various news feeds. They are afraid they will get spotted in various nefarious activities if the appear on TV / camera etc....

If you think someone is up to no good - start taking photos. Has workrd very well for me in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

This happened in the Dromiskin area and they were seen coming out of a house near Darver and followed to the Ardee Road. The guards in Ardee were called and came out and stopped them but they had nothing in the van, musta been a bad mornin for thievin, they're a family from Dundalk well known to the guards. Think I'm putting a shotgun on my list for Santa !:D

Advertisement