Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 Which FW?

Options
  • 26-09-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Not sure has anyone knuckled down what the wireless drop off problem with these routers is yet?

Basically i lose connection and it says i am still connected when i a diagnose/Repair it cannot reconnect.

It has the eircom 3.7 D0 firmware I was thinking about putting the Zyxel 3.7 C0, I read this might solve this issue that eircoms FW is the problem.

I use p2p sharing and play Call of Duty, Call of Duty was the last thing I did before it dropped but I have seen it randomly drop before.

The router is in room next to my sitting room and I can get speeds of up to 10+mbps via my wireless pci-e card.

Any suggestions?confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 detonator1979

Appreciate the response...well i configured some settings within the router such as DNS, lowering the firewall to low and a few other things and it seems to have stayed on now for most of day fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Appreciate the response...well i configured some settings within the router such as DNS, lowering the firewall to low and a few other things and it seems to have stayed on now for most of day fingers crossed.

Hi detonator,

Apologies for delay and thanks for the post.

The changes you made, which now appear to holding on your wireless connection - on games console would be recommedations from our Technical Support Dept :

Game Console Setup

Glad you were able to sort this out. Let me know if I can help further.

All the best,
    Ant

WiFi seems to have blown a gasket. Is there any warranty on these routers god even the parents netopia keeps on trucking without any hassle this is pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

WiFi seems to have blown a gasket. Is there any warranty on these routers god even the parents netopia keeps on trucking without any hassle this is pants.

Hi detonator1979,

There's an initial 12 months warrantee on the eircom modem. That is, if the modem is not working or damaged.

Just confirm what lights are on the modem first.. If the power light is on the modem, then it may just require a hard-reset.

Otherwise, if you're no longer in your 12 months contract, then you have the following options for replacing the modem :

You can continue with a new 12 months contract, and you'll receive a free replacement modem - under a new 12 months guarantee.

You can purchase a new modem from eircom for €49.99 - under a new 12 months guarantee.

You can purchase a new modem from a third party.

If you PM your phone number I can check if you're still in contract and replace the modem.

Best regards,
    Ant

Will give the Gaming set up a try cheers Ant.

• Advertisement

Nah no luck this thing drops WiFi like the new time, should be replaced was using cable but now using wireless...shouldn't the defective routers be sent back to zyxel or is there something up with the firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Nah no luck this thing drops WiFi like the new time, should be replaced was using cable but now using wireless...shouldn't the defective routers be sent back to zyxel or is there something up with the firmware.

Hi detonator1979
    I definitely suggest giving tech support a call and have them check this with you over phone. Do you know if you are still within contract? If so it wil be replaced fre for you.
    Tony

Advertisement