Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview Tips - Lecturer

• 26-09-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been called to interview for a part-time lecturing post.

I was wondering if somebody could advise me are academic interviews similar to industry interviews or are there specific questions or techniques employed as I'vr only ever done industrial interviews.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Royston

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 9332EDWARD

I know you need to give a presentation on a particular topic for a full-time position.
    Is it for an university or an IT, what field is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

Hi Edward,

No this is a part-time position.

There is no presentation involved and apparently it is just a standard interview whereby they go through your CV etc.

BTW it is for an IT lecturing Supply Chain Management at night which probably explains the lax approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

There was a post on interview tips a couple of weeks ago. It had some useful info. It was posted in this forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055361015

Advertisement