Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to buy legit Nokia batteries for Nokia 6230

Options
  • 26-09-2011 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I want to get a replacement battery for an old Nokia 6230. I've seen a few around and a few on online auction sites but are they possibly legit official Nokia batteries that will last or would they be dodgy knock-offs that won't last?

Is it still possible to buy legit Nokia batteries for these old phones?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

why not buy new ones from some online retailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=310

I've no affiliation with this company, but I bought a battery for my old 8800 from them, and it was a genuine Nokia part, it was new, and it worked perfectly.

Some people will tell you that these batteries "go off" after two years or so, but that's not strictly true. Their working life is about 2 years, but unused batteries can be stored for a very long time if they're stored properly: it's heat, not time, that degrades them, so as long as they've been kept cool, an unused original battery is a good bet.

Advertisement