Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feminist Plays/Exhibits?

• 26-09-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

Was just wondering does any one know of any feminist plays or exhibits on over the next 3 weeks?

It can be on anywhere pretty much in Dublin/Kildare/Meath/Laois.

Any suggestions would be helpful!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

lolly28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Was just wondering does any one know of any feminist plays or exhibits on over the next 3 weeks?

It can be on anywhere pretty much in Dublin/Kildare/Meath/Laois.

Any suggestions would be helpful!! :)

This might be what you're looking for. http://thehelix.ie/hen-night-epiphany/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

naasrd wrote: »
    This might be what you're looking for. http://thehelix.ie/hen-night-epiphany/

Is Hen Night Epiphany considered a feminist play??

I would have been more inclined to recommend:

I heart Alice heart I
    Ulster Bank Dublin Theatre Festival on Tour
    Mon 10 - Wed 12 Oct 2011 8.15PM Draíocht Studio // €18 / €14 conc // 50 mins (no interval)

Alice and Alice are coming out … finally. This documentary piece is an unflinching and astonishingly personal love story that spans six decades. Two exceptional, opinionated women were spotted winking at each other in Crumlin Shopping Centre. Now they’re in a show … reluctantly. Defying stereotype, they’re here to share with you something they’ve never dared before. This fresh, human and hilarious piece from defiant new company Hot For Theatre, I heart Alice heart I explores the monumental journey of a most unlikely couple. It will seduce you, it will move you, it will touch you … in all the right places.

The play is on at a couple of venues. Excellent notices at last year's Fringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

inisboffin wrote: »
    Is Hen Night Epiphany considered a feminist play??

I think so. A play that looks at domestic violence; how women deal with it, hide it from their friends...isn't feminist? Have you seen it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

naasrd wrote: »
    I think so. A play that looks at domestic violence; how women deal with it, hide it from their friends...isn't feminist? Have you seen it?

No I hadn't - that's why I asked! I came in on a conversation about it, between two people who'd seen it, and tbh got a completely different impression of the play. Just goes to show.

Advertisement