Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most tedious sport to watch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Sergeant wrote: »
    Darts is a phenomenal game to watch on TV. Fat men throwing pointy things at a board while an increasingly drunk crowd hurl abuse. Great commentary from Sid, quick games, and plenty of close finishes.

I particularly like when they cut-away to the audience. It's nice to see the great unwashed get their 15 minutes of fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Tabnabs wrote: »
    There is nothing, NOTHING, more tedious than 90 minutes of football with a 0-0 result.

Liverpool are involved in far too many of these. So for me watching liverpool.

Cricket too. Early snooker matches, i like the snooker from quarters on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Running is Sxxit too

Jimoslimos wrote: »

And cycling - ffs its not a team sport unless the bikes are connected by invisible wires

It's called aerodynamics. Riding in the slipstream of another rider reduces your energy expenditure by as much as 40%. This effect is more pronounced at higher speeds.

This is why average speeds in the team time trial are always faster than solo time trial.

Another obvious example of team work is the lead out train that teams form to get their sprinters in the best position coming to the end of a flat stage.

Here is an example from the tour where George Hincapie and Mark Renshaw of team HTC Colombia set Mark Cavendish up perfectley for the sprint, expending themselves 110% in the process. Not a team sport my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Watching horse racing during the day in a pub used to make me feel physically ill it was so boring and depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Extreme Ironing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Football. Boring as fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Gaelic football, rugby or cricket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Gaelic football unless its a good team like Kerry or recently Dublin. Its a sport with little talent and more about how tall you are and if you can out muscle the other player. The players seem to be more interested in trying to show they are harder than the other players. Then when they are 20 yards in front of goal and try to kick a point it goes a mile wide. It was hilarious when the aussies battered them. They werent hard then :D

Real football has also become a drag to watch. It badly needs a lot of rule changes and new less conservative governance.

Totally agree. The wall to wall coverage on RTE is a pain in the ass too.

• Advertisement

Off topic but Annonimous has Michelle heaton looking like that prat who present it why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Here is an example from the tour where George Hincapie and Mark Renshaw of team HTC Colombia set Mark Cavendish up perfectley for the sprint, expending themselves 110% in the process. Not a team sport my ass.
    Leaving aside the recent illegitimate activities of certain unnamed neutrinos at CERN, in this forum we obey the lays of physics.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

woodoo wrote: »
    Watching horse racing during the day in a pub used to make me feel physically ill it was so boring and depressing.

Did it really take 1O7 posts for someone to mention the horsies? Terribly boring unless you're into gambling.

That and cycling. Cycling is terrible to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Round-the-World yacht racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

American sports that seem to take 4 hours to play a 1 hour game.

Went to a Basebal game never again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu).. Bores me to tear's to watch, but its great fun to participate.

Worse is golf, good God - this crap is a sport!.

Round-the-World yacht racing.

Again, would have to disagree, check this out:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)

Sounds painful! Can't they not just use wax like normal people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

Horse Racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

anyone who has said cricket clearly doesnt know that twenty20 is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

League of Ireland soccer

Brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ziggy wrote: »

test match cricket is only good if you know what's going on though. for people who dont know the sport its dull as dishwater, and you cant blame them for that. twenty20 coverage on terrestrial tv would get a LOT of people into the game with its immediacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Gymnastics or any sport which relies on judges ranking people.

Not really a sport in my opinion. You may as well call X factor a sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Another nomination for rugby here. Boring as fook.

Cricket on the other hand.......... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    nascar.

But don't you just love it when they make a left turn?

Fishing would be in my top 3. Along with Cricket, Polo & pole vaulting. Yes, I know that's 4, but it sounds better to say 'Top 3'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I sat down to watch a game of Rugby once. My trip to the dentist a day later was more enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Soccer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I made an interesting discovery, while everyone was watching the beach volleyball for the "sport"

The real Olympic beauties where on the court volleyball, you have these tall, athletic, slim, tightly clad and fit women.

I somehow became a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

Scottish football is abysma..............oh hang on,you said sport..sorry:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I wouldn't class snooker or darts as sports, i would class them as tedious though!
    As for real sports, i find golf the most boring, closely followed by american sports american football, baseball, and to a lesser extent basketball.
    Curling is an odd one, it's boring as fúck but so crazy you just keep watching! It's like bowling on acid - with sweeping brushes thrown in for good measure:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

League of Ireland soccer

Brutal

Maybe in Cork it is, you need to get yourself to Tallaght stadium to see whats its really all about.
    Home of the Champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I wouldn't class snooker or darts as sports, i would class them as tedious though!
    As for real sports, i find golf the most boring, closely followed by american sports american football, baseball, and to a lesser extent basketball.
    Curling is an odd one, it's boring as fúck but so crazy you just keep watching! It's like bowling on acid - with sweeping brushes thrown in for good measure:)

If you dont judge snooker as a sport, what makes golf a sport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Never seen a game but south park leads me to believe baseball is pretty tedious..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

IMO: any, apart from a big hurling game, soccer sometimes, and Olympics stuff like gymnastics, diving, ice-skating, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

light switching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Any Game where you can't score an O.G is a load of Bollocks IMO

21/25

• Advertisement

Yacht racing, but I still watched it, I am kind of addicted to the olympics when they are on.

I even watched the Archery and the shooting, ZZZZZZZZZZ I know its a problem, thank jaysus its only every 2 years and for a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I play rugby but hate watching it these days..

Any sport where the rules from one ref to another change really is a sport that requires more luck then skill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe in Cork it is, you need to get yourself to Tallaght stadium to see whats its really all about.
    Home of the Champions.

Let's try and encourage the non-mongo segment of the population to go to games instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Just my opinion...

Cricket. 3 days for a game? Seriously, any game that goes on for more than 3 hours should be declared a draw.

And American football. Utter crap. Almost as bad as American football are the people who say:"Oooh, it's like rugby, but tougher." No it's not. The players wear so much padding it's impossible to get hurt. Take off the bubble wrap and cotton wool and they wouldn't last 5 minutes in rugby union.

Best sports IMO are Rugby Union, Formula 1 and Moto GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mickey H wrote: »
    Just my opinion...

Cricket. 3 days for a game? Seriously, any game that goes on for more than 3 hours should be declared a draw.

And American football. Utter crap. Almost as bad as American football are the people who say:"Oooh, it's like rugby, but tougher." No it's not. The players wear so much padding it's impossible to get hurt. Take off the bubble wrap and cotton wool and they wouldn't last 5 minutes in rugby union.

Best sports IMO are Rugby Union, Formula 1 and Moto GP.

You obviously dont have a clue about the dangers of wearing no helmets etc in American Football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

The best sport is when the tv gets smashed the **** in and we don't have to suffer through any more ****ing sport 24/****ing 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Showjumping. Horse jumps over an obstacle. Thats it.

Curling. People with sweeping brushes try to make big yokie slide into a target. Better than Horlicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

You obviously dont have a clue about the dangers of wearing no helmets etc in American Football.

I didn't state it as fact. I said it was my opinion. Please explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Worst sport to watch : Gaelic Football
    Best Sport to watch :American Football "Go Patriots"

• Advertisement

I am amazed at the polar opinions in this thread, I don't understand how anyone would find a GAA game or rugby boring. But yet many do.

The only thing we all seem to agree on is cricket is awful.

Advertisement