Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most tedious sport to watch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

4leto wrote: »
    I am amazed at the polar opinions in this thread, I don't understand how anyone would find a GAA game or rugby boring. But yet many do.

The only thing we all seem to agree on is cricket is awful.

Agreed.

Irish fans are the reigning world champions at jumping on the bandwagon, yet 'Ireland' qualified for a couple of Cricket world cups (and even beat England I believe?) and *still* no one cares.

As such I think we have a winner with cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mickey H wrote: »
    I didn't state it as fact. I said it was my opinion. Please explain.

American Football is a Collision sport unlike rugby which is contact Sport big enough difference.

Been many tests done sure I could search them on net if needed to prove that without Helmets been many head and serious injury.

I hate this hard man talk some rugby people go on about saying they dont need to wear protection etc, that aint much of a boast if you end up in wheelchair or have serious injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Can't wear golf at any level,how the fock anyone could pay to actually go into one of these venues and watch someones swing or walk for hours behind one of these geniuses just to see a little ball climb into the air from 20 yards behind the player is just beyond me.There must be something that i'm missing,it's bad enough on tv where you can follow various players to keep your interest but to be following the same player all day on the course has got to be the most boring thing ever.And wtf does this borefest take four days?Surely if you're good enough then one days boredom is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Rugby League (not Union, Union is where it's at).

Rally, ugh. But also Darts, I'd partially put that down to the amount of scum whom attend those tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

badger baiting - mans sport

not like those cock fighting poofters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Nascar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Nascar,soccer,cricket,Formula one,curling,tennis,baseball,basketball,horse racing..

Too many terrible sports to pick just one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rugby - no good can come of a game where one of the primary objectives is to kick the ball off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

GAA games - YAWN...

Soccer... argh

Rugby..... not a chance..

Cycling... wake me up when it's over.

Can't comment on Cricket as I never even attempted to watch a game.

Tennis... left right left right .. give me strength..

And last but not least: motor sports of any description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

darts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

EGAR wrote: »
    GAA games - YAWN...

Soccer... argh

Rugby..... not a chance..

Cycling... wake me up when it's over.

Can't comment on Cricket as I never even attempted to watch a game.

Tennis... left right left right .. give me strength..

And last but not least: motor sports of any description.
    Yeah we get it you don't like sports. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Women playing sport in general.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bowls
    Golf
    American Football (why is this game in 4 quarters WTF??)
    Curling
    Croquet (is that even a sport)
    Polo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Long distance swimming is an outrageously tedious sport to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Golf definitely golf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

This thread is f*cking stupid.
    Any sport is tedious to watch if you have no interest in it/don't understand it/don't have a dog in the fight.
    I've seen people, though, who have no interest in any sport and no knowledge of them, lose their minds while watching people they care about, or even just a cause/team they've temporarily aligned themselves with, play an important game in any number of sports.
    It's all relative..
    A race between two spiders up a wall/first to the ceiling, probably isn't, in itself, that interesting to many people; but it you've bet your life-savings on one of those spiders it becomes beyond compelling.
    That's not to suggest that sport can only possibly pay-off for someone who is invested monetarily in the outcome; the investment is, more often, and more rewardingly, interest and emotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Professional Bowling ball cleaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Cricket and Darts.
    if you play either "game" please step away from the supports on the internet.

Both are fat geezers aiming at something in between beer and pies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Cricket.
    We're all saying cricket. We cant be all wrong. :pac:

nuxxx wrote: »
    Professional Bowling ball cleaning

Nobody fcuks with da Jesus.

• Advertisement

"Shut the fcuk up Donny."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

If you dont judge snooker as a sport, what makes golf a sport?

Em, i don't know Robbie. I class both as equally shíte if that's any help:D

To my mind snooker is a game, golf is a sport - but, like so much of my world view, i base that on absolutely nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

4leto wrote: »
    I am amazed at the polar opinions in this thread, I don't understand how anyone would find a GAA game or rugby boring. But yet many do.

The only thing we all seem to agree on is cricket is awful.

I'm sure there are a lot of english, aussie, indian people etc who would disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

allimac wrote: »
    Can't wear golf at any level,how the fock anyone could pay to actually go into one of these venues and watch someones swing or walk for hours behind one of these geniuses just to see a little ball climb into the air from 20 yards behind the player is just beyond me.There must be something that i'm missing,it's bad enough on tv where you can follow various players to keep your interest but to be following the same player all day on the course has got to be the most boring thing ever.And wtf does this borefest take four days?Surely if you're good enough then one days boredom is enough.

Golf is the seduction of success. That's the reason it's popular.
    During the Irish Open in Killarney this year I mentioned "Imagine if aliens visited here now, they'd be shocked at thousands of people watching other men hitting a small white ball around a field" :D

If you went to the driving range and hit 100 balls, you would hit say 5 shots as good as the best players in the world. Your mind thinks.."Maybe there's room for improvement here!", but there never is :( I've been trying for 15 years but it is addictive because of that.

I'll never drive a formula 1 car at Monte Carlo or be a prop at the World Cup but I can putt or chip like the best golfers and hit the odd shot just as well as them too...occassionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Aussie football is another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Women playing sport in general.

not at all, women's tennis is fantstic. much better to watch then the fellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Rowing
    Synchronized swimming :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

GAA and Hurling for me. Whack the ball 50m and hope one of your lads catches it, then pass inside, then whack it towards the goal posts and hope for the best. There is so little to ever be impressed by.

League is also pretty boring: run, tackle, run, tackle, run, tackle, run, tackle, run, tackle, kick.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    not at all, women's tennis is fantstic. much better to watch then the fellas

Depends entirely on the ladies involved tho. I wouldn't want to spend an hour and a half watching Penis Williams for instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Did anyone say Chess yet? Brilliant game to play though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Dotrel wrote: »
    Depends entirely on the ladies involved tho. I wouldn't want to spend an hour and a half watching Penis Williams for instance.

That's what I call her too! AND there's a black lesbian who lives next door to me - guess what I call her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How anybody says Rugby is absolutely beyond me....

Test Cricket is boring, 1 day and 20twenty is decent though.

I dont like watching Cycling or F1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

wonton wrote: »
    Baseball is terribly boring, the people at the games barely even seem to be watching or care half the time, and the amount of adverts is insane

I also always thought baseball was incredibly boring and to be fair on TV with all the ads, it can be. If it's a tight game the last few innings can be very exciting.

I was at a baseball game in NY during the summer, it was a Friday evening, and I wasn't expecting much but have to say I really enjoyed it! A brilliant way to spend a Friday evening, everyone is relaxed and in great form and it's generally a brilliant atmosphere and the game is very enjoyable too once you're there! Plus, you can booze away in the stadium! :pac:

keith16 wrote: »
    I also always thought baseball was incredibly boring and to be fair on TV with all the ads, it can be. If it's a tight game the last few innings can be very exciting.

I was at a baseball game in NY during the summer, it was a Friday evening, and I wasn't expecting much but have to say I really enjoyed it! A brilliant way to spend a Friday evening, everyone is relaxed and in great form and it's generally a brilliant atmosphere and the game is very enjoyable too once you're there! Plus, you can booze away in the stadium! :pac:

It's basically cricket, only with athletes.

(BOS v BAL , NYY v TAM tonight btw)

• Advertisement

cosmicfart wrote: »
    Did anyone say Chess yet? Brilliant game to play though!

I wouldnt class chess as a sport despite what some people say. Its a mental game as opposed to a physical one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

anything David Milliband's playing, the breat big tide of tedium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Rugby. Crouch touch pause engage. Referee giving penalties because scrum falls apart. and the match isnt finished until ball goes out of play. Tedious all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rugby. Crouch touch pause engage. Referee giving penalties because scrum falls apart. and the match isnt finished until ball goes out of play. Tedious all right.

:confused:

Out of an eighty minute match less than ten minutes is spent on the scrum. And most matches usually only have an extra minute at the end before the ball is kicked to touch. Maybe two minutes. Much less than football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yeah we get it you don't like sports. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: There are A LOT more sports out there than the ones I listed on my dislike list. So no, you don't get, get it? :cool:

I have to add UFC to this list despite any back lash I might get. However I am not calling it tedious i am just calling uneventful.

I've watched my share of UFC ppv's and generally its boring to watch through. As president of UFC Dana White says "people wanna see exciting fights" and you dont generally get alot of exciting fights on a card.
    So you generally end up watching a PPV waiting for the match you wanna see (usually the main event) which then in turn can be uneventful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Don't like watching Golf or most of those Olympic sports like javelin, shot putt etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

CoolHat wrote: »
    I have to add UFC to this list despite any back lash I might get. However I am not calling it tedious i am just calling uneventful.

I've watched my share of UFC ppv's and generally its boring to watch through. As president of UFC Dana White says "people wanna see exciting fights" and you dont generally get alot of exciting fights on a card.
    So you generally end up watching a PPV waiting for the match you wanna see (usually the main event) which then in turn can be uneventful.

what other coming together of styles usually results in someone pinned down, elbows in the face after some tussling on the floor trying to out-elope each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

CoolHat wrote: »

They should take out all the wrestling/grapling crap. I do like the UFC, but all that rolling around on the floor is just gay!*

* Obviously, i wouldn't say that to their faces, but from the safety of my keyboard -stand up and fight like men, bitches!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Kirby wrote: »
    :confused:

Out of an eighty minute match less than ten minutes is spent on the scrum. And most matches usually only have an extra minute at the end before the ball is kicked to touch. Maybe two minutes. Much less than football.

Out of an eighty minute match the ball is in play for about 45 minutes. You fight like tigers to win the ball from a ruck, then you kick it straight back to the opposition. No forward passes, except when running with the ball.

And the non-stop commentary from the ref? WTF? If he's committing an infraction give a penalty; if he isn't don't. Either way, STFU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Am sure it has been said, but golf. I could cry even thinking about being made watch it. That's pretty bad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

the present Irish team playing Soccer, I got two free tickets to the last euro qualifier and left at half time, felt sorry for the saps who paid full wack to watch such drudgery

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Cricket and cycling . Darts matches in pubs are good not so good on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

American sports...Basketball,Baseball and American Football are top class ****e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement