Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Puppy hurled into sea...

• 26-09-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I know it's from the Daily Fail, but this is horrific, made me tear up. Almost as bad as the poor retriever who was drowned in the other thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2041669/The-horrific-moment-puppy-repeatedly-hurled-sea--rescued-swimmer-given-new-home.html
    In an act of appalling cruelty, a depraved young man hurls a defenceless, unwanted puppy into the sea.

The dazed puppy made it back to the shore whereupon the man threw it back in the water in Xiamen, in southern China's Fujian Province.

The sickening scene was captured by a passer-by strolling along the beach.
    Death wish: The unwanted puppy is hurled into the sea by a young man in Xiamen in China

Death wish: The unwanted puppy is hurled into the sea by a young man in Xiamen in China

As the puppy kept coming back, the man, believed to be in his 20s, repeatedly hurled it back into the water.

Other people on the beach screamed at him to stop, but he ignored their pleas.

Eventually the puppy, by now exhausted, lost the strength to make it back to the beach and struglled on to a rock.
    Dazed and exhausted: After making it back to the beach, only to be thrown again, the puppy struggles on to a rock

Dazed and exhausted: After making it back to the beach, only to be thrown again, the puppy struggles on to a rock
    Rescued: The young man has left the scene and a swimmer picks up the dog before taking it to the beach

Rescued: The young man has left the scene and a swimmer picks up the dog before taking it to the beach

The man left the beach and the puppy was rescued by a swimmer.

He gave it a young woman who witnesses the sickening abuse.

One witness, Mr Wang, said: 'I thought the man had come to the beach for a walk with his pet dog, but what he did next surprised all of us.

'He held the little dog, leaned backward and threw the puppy out into the sea.
    The terror is over: The puppy's new owner shows it to her friend

The terror is over: The puppy's new owner shows it to her friend

Let's go home: The woman promised the little dog would have a happy life

Let's go home: The woman promised the little dog would have a happy life

'The puppy was very small, it was around eight inches long.

'It landed about 20-30 yards away in the water.'

Mr Wang said he was stunned as the man threw the puppy into the sea five times, ignoring attempts by people around him to make him stop.

'That man was very cruel. He kept throwing the puppy into the water.'

The puppy's new owner promised to give the helpless animal a good home.

Sadly, the man who carried out the cruelty will probably go unpunished.

I don't get how a person can do that to a dog... I just don't get it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's awful :( The picture of the little puppy huddling on the rocks, soaked to the bone, is just heartbreaking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

:(
    Poor little guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

kaki wrote: »
    I don't get how a person can do that to a dog... I just don't get it...
    I have heard of similar storys of wikedness ..the two dogs hung from a public bridge about 6 months ago springs to mind. These people are byond caring ,they are evil .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Anyone who abuses a person or an animal is nothing but scum in my opinion.
    Every time I read one of these stories I always, absolutely always, go off into a fantasy daydream. In this day dream I get to catch the scum in the act & not only save the person/ animal but I also get to give the said scum a hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I need to stop opening these threads, they are so upsetting. Guys if a thread is not about direct help plea/rescue question and just a reposted article perhaps you could mark it as such :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

What a total scum bag to throw a puppy into the sea, but I can't understand the eye witnesses just standing there. How can a group of by standers not group together and grab the puppy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Really cannot understand how people are just standing there taking pictures. Why not just deck the fncker and take the dog off him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Animal cruelty exist in all societies but it has been commented on many times before that China is in a league of its own -the widespread ill-treatment of animals there is staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Awful. Many cruel things happen in China unfortunetly.

Its awful, No Irish person would ever hurt an animal..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

<snip>

i saw the video today , made me physically sick how anybody could do that to an animal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

<snip>
    i saw the video today , made me physically sick how anybody could do that to an animal

I didn't see that video nor do I want to. I honestly wish I didn't read your comment either.
    No offence OP but your comment made my stomach turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

<snip>

Semi-mod Post:

Why anyone would want to watch animal 'snuff' videos is beyond me, I find that as bad as what you described in your post.

If you are going to insist on doing it, I'm going to insist you keep it to yourself :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

When i seen the thread title i just thought 'sick sick bastards' and was shocked.

When i read that it was in China i wasn't shocked or surprised...bastards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

thats disgraceful id never stand by and watch someone hurt a dog

Advertisement