Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light pants/jeans in Galway?

Options
  • 26-09-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading away to Asia for a few months and want to have a light pair of jeans/cream jeans for when in hotels/restaurants/temples etc.

I'll get stuff cheap as chips over there, but I Want to have a pair or two of jeans/pants for when I arrive in Bangkok

Anyone got any suggestions as to where i'd find such things in Galway? esp since it's coming into Autumn/Winter...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

You are absolutely mental to be considering bringing jeans out there. In all my time in Asia I never once saw a foreigner wearing jeans! Bring a pair of linen pants which you will get in penneys or if you really want maybe a pair of combat pants which im sure you could pick up a decent pair in portwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Agree with wallpaper12; you'll melt alive. Get a cheapo pair in Penneys...you really won't to bring more than one or two as you'll buy stuff out there dirt cheap. If you do want a 'longer lasting' pair get one decent pair of trousers in Portwest/Millets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Cherry_Angel

Dunnes in Edwards Square had Linen Pants on Sale....

Also, TK Maxx if your looking for better quality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks guys, linen pants it is then - I really need to do a bit of research. Just want to have 1 respectable out-fit as we'll be staying in 5* for a while so don't want to rock up in shorts and runners :p

While I have a few SE crew here.... i'm going to bring my black Crocs for Bangkok - Would they be accepted with pants in most upper-class places? (Bearing in mind the fashion police won't be around)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thanks guys, linen pants it is then - I really need to do a bit of research. Just want to have 1 respectable out-fit as we'll be staying in 5* for a while so don't want to rock up in shorts and runners :p

While I have a few SE crew here.... i'm going to bring my black Crocs for Bangkok - Would they be accepted with pants in most upper-class places? (Bearing in mind the fashion police won't be around)

Very few places in Bangkok will be that bothered about what you wear 5* or not as long as is reasonably smart. Most upper class places populated by old fat germans who have no fashion sense anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm heading away to Asia for a few months and want to have a light pair of jeans/cream jeans for when in hotels/restaurants/temples etc.

I'll get stuff cheap as chips over there, but I Want to have a pair or two of jeans/pants for when I arrive in Bangkok

Anyone got any suggestions as to where i'd find such things in Galway? esp since it's coming into Autumn/Winter...

D'ya mean like Bertie's yella trousers?

http://bertieahernoffice.org/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=2:life-a-times&Itemid=11

Advertisement