Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pushchair Suggestions

Options
  • 26-09-2011 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello, I am pushchair shopping at the moment and am in need of suggestions. I want something that isn't heavy and folds into an umbrella shape as I have a small boot. I already have a car seat from my 1st child but the buggy to go with it was always to big (for country roads).

This time I want something small for going around the shops, suitable from birth and comfortable for the baby.

I'd really love to hear any suggestions you may have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have this:

http://www.nurseryvalue.com/pushchairs/petite-star-zia-dogtooth-inc-footmuff.aspx
    petite_star_zia.jpg

zia-lime-5.jpg

Under €100, reclines flat, I've been using it since my daughter was 4 months old. It folds to the size of a schoolbag but not like an umbrella fold one, which is long and thin this is rectangle when folded. I usually put it in the front of the car in the passanger footwell. Its really light. For a stairs I'd fold it and carry baby and the pushchair no problem. Also because it is 3 wheeled you can turn it on a six-pence, usually in a lift I can swivel it around.

Down sides: the shopping basket bearly holds the rain cover its tiny, really tiny but I put her changing bag on the handles and its never toppled.

Also My sister always used McClarrens with her kids and she doesny like this as when you lifting it up onto footpaths, if you put the single wheel up first it can swivel and topple the buggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fee123

I was looking at something like that the other day actually. Its great to get the inside scoop on it thanks a mill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fee123

Does it recline flat for newborns?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

I have a hello picola nurse one. Its a travel system and the car seat or chair can go on chassis. Chassis folds flat and small. I drive a fiesta , which doesnt have a great boot and it fits in there fine,with room for other things on top. Got it in euro cycles euro babies on sale for 279. Suitable from newborn to 3years

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I have this:

http://www.nurseryvalue.com/pushchairs/petite-star-zia-dogtooth-inc-footmuff.aspx
    petite_star_zia.jpg

zia-lime-5.jpg

Under €100, reclines flat, I've been using it since my daughter was 4 months old. It folds to the size of a schoolbag but not like an umbrella fold one, which is long and thin this is rectangle when folded. I usually put it in the front of the car in the passanger footwell. Its really light. For a stairs I'd fold it and carry baby and the pushchair no problem. Also because it is 3 wheeled you can turn it on a six-pence, usually in a lift I can swivel it around.

Down sides: the shopping basket bearly holds the rain cover its tiny, really tiny but I put her changing bag on the handles and its never toppled.

Also My sister always used McClarrens with her kids and she doesny like this as when you lifting it up onto footpaths, if you put the single wheel up first it can swivel and topple the buggy.

They are the best strollers and that is a fantastic price for it:)

• Advertisement

zia-lime-3.jpg To me this is flat, but it depends on what you think.

I put my little one in it at 4 months flat in the cosy toes (which I got with it). She took her naps in it at home up to 11 months old.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is not flat but the petit zia does go flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 toadettee

Anyone know where to get a replacement front wheel for the above zia buggy. Been tearing my hair out looking for one for my nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 toadettee

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Thanks I had one ordered with them but they rang today to say they had none in stock and won't be getting them :(

Thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I love the bebe loola by maxi cosi its 4 wheeler very light folds up small and reclines flat or you can get a carrycot which can also be used as a car seat check out adverts.ie for good priced 2nd hand one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I bought a Chicco stroller over 16 years ago and was used all the time and it's still going strong after my own children and the children I mind. It's had a lot of use and I only replaced it with another Chicco as the colour was faded but I still use it if needs be.

This is the one I replaced it with but I got it in blue

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9020816/c_1/1|category_root|Nursery|14417537/c_2/3|cat_18793869|Pushchairs%2C+prams+and+carriers|14417542.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we have the baby jogger city mini.

it fold with one hand by just gripping the strap across the seat.

The best invention ever when you have a tot in your arms and need 10 pairs of hands :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Got the baby jogger sidewalk and it's great. Was only €185 online.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

we have the baby jogger city mini.

it fold with one hand by just gripping the strap across the seat.

The best invention ever when you have a tot in your arms and need 10 pairs of hands :)

I got this one too. I was sold when the guy in the shop pulled the handle!:D. I just thought of being in a car park in the pissing rain and needing it to fold quickly so I dont get soaked.

Its also almost flat, so they say its suitable for newborns if you have something like a rolled up towel to support the head, but we have the adaptors bought so the maxi cosi car seat can clip in. Probably I'll use the car seat for longer outings, but if its only a quick trip I might just lie baby flat in the buggy itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Got the baby jogger sidewalk and it's great. Was only €185 online.

I'm on the verge of buying this. It looks practically the same as the City Mini but a lot cheaper. The one handed fold looks brilliant. Is it light though? The one I have now is way too heavy. We live on the top (4th) floor with no lift so I need to be able to carry it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I'm on the verge of buying this. It looks practically the same as the City Mini but a lot cheaper. The one handed fold looks brilliant. Is it light though? The one I have now is way too heavy. We live on the top (4th) floor with no lift so I need to be able to carry it up.

Yeah it is really light too... I didnt buy the rain cover and regret it now as I cant see it on the kiddicare site....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Yeah it is really light too... I didnt buy the rain cover and regret it now as I cant see it on the kiddicare site....

you should be able to get a generic cover

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I got the buggy yesterday, so far so good! I got the foot muff too but I can only find the twin raincover, the single one seems to be out of stock everywhere.

The hood comes down quite far so with that and the foot muff I'd say baby would be well sheltered anyway.

Advertisement