Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed 2 repeats!

Options
  • 26-09-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I just got my results from my 1st year repeats and found out I failed 2 of my exams (one 5 credit and one 10 credit). Is there anyway I could get back in to my course (i.e. carrying over subjects) or any other avenue I should explore to not have to wait a year to continue my education.

anyone else been in a similar situation? If so what did you do?

Thanks in advance for your responses! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

stebe wrote: »
    I just got my results from my 1st year repeats and found out I failed 2 of my exams (one 5 credit and one 10 credit). Is there anyway I could get back in to my course (i.e. carrying over subjects) or any other avenue I should explore to not have to wait a year to continue my education.

They don't like letting students carry modules over to the next year, but in some limited circumstances they will. As far as I know it'll be up to your course co-ordinator to decide weather or not you'll be allowed to do it.

Your best bet is to contact you co-ordinator as soon as and talk to him/her about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

15 credits is 1/4 of your year. Furthermore they may be subjects that lead directly on to a second year class. I don't think you have much chance of getting into second year.

Whats your course cause different courses have different policies regarding carrying a subject on. I know some courses will allow you carry up to 10 credits on but not into final year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm afraid that it's highly unlikely they'll let you onto second year without repeating and passing your failed modules first. As mentioned above they will usually allow people to carry a maximum of 10 credits into the next year (and even with this, you need to present a good case for allowing you to do so).

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

stebe wrote: »

You probably won't be allowed to carry them. I also failed 3 subjects. I also failed a 10 credit one. You cannot carry a 10 credit subject.
    You will have to repeat Internally if you want to do CA work/projects...etc

You can repeat externally if you just want to repeat the exam.

Go to the exams office and get an internal/external repeat form.

Internal fees:
    150 euro as part time student
    then 60 euro per ect credit. e.g. your 10 credit module: 10 credits * 60 euro per credit = €600.
    + 5 credits module = 60*5 = 300. Total for internal repeat will be €1,050

;)

Advertisement