Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about buying the Samsung Galaxy s1 but not sure...

Options
  • 26-09-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

It's a little pricey and i've just been offered a HTC HD2 for 150 so now i'm :confused:

I'd like the opinion of boards on what i should do
    * What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    Camera/Video and how well android apps work on the phone

* Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    Both are similar enough but i've seen both screens and they seem grand to me

* Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    /

* Operator - have you an operator preference
    Meteor

* Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    Must be pay as you go

* Price range
    /

So should i buy the galaxy for €300+ or take the HTC for €150?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

€300 is too much for the S1, I'd only part with €250 if it was pristine. Check adverts.ie

Not a fan of the HD2 but that is a very good offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

theteal wrote: »
    €300 is too much for the S1, I'd only part with €250 if it was pristine. Check adverts.ie

Not a fan of the HD2 but that is a very good offer

Forget price for a sec, why aren't you a fan of the HTC?

If prices were the same i'd pick galaxy without a doubt

it's too big for my liking and a winMo - which isn't necessarily bad but i'm just not a fan

other than that it's a good quality high end phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

it's too big for my liking and a winMo - which isn't necessarily bad but i'm just not a fan

other than that it's a good quality high end phone

You can download and install windows phone 7 (which is drastically different that WM 6.5) on the HD2 which makes it a bargain at €150 :D

Trevor451 wrote: »
    You can download and install windows phone 7 (which is drastically different that WM 6.5) on the HD2 which makes it a bargain at €150 :D

lets say i can get the galaxy for 200 or the htc for 150, which should i choose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Take the Galaxy S for 200, Android is the way forward and for 50 quid extra it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yingyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

S1 isn't a great phone.

S2 is an improvement, but i'm asusming cost in an issue.

What does an original desire cost these days?

Dave147 wrote: »
    Take the Galaxy S for 200, Android is the way forward and for 50 quid extra it's worth it.

Is the HTC not android as well?

• Advertisement

Is the HTC not android as well?

no no, as i said above the HD2 is winMo (windows mobile 6.5) but as was pointed out it can be upgraded to windows mobile 7 which is much better. you might be mixing it up with a "desire HD" which is android.

as mentioned just above, i'd also consider the original htc desire, i always preferred it over the original galaxy but i was in a distinct minority

no no, as i said above the HD2 is winMo (windows mobile 6.5) but as was pointed out it can be upgraded to windows mobile 7 which is much better. you might be mixing it up with a "desire HD" which is android.

as mentioned just above, i'd also consider the original htc desire, i always preferred it over the original galaxy but i was in a distinct minority

Right thanks for the info, i think i'm gonna go with the galaxy over the HD2 then. I have a samsung wave and am very happy with it other than it not being android. So the galaxy is probably my best bet but i'll look into the desire a bit, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kaoshi

Not like Android.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Right thanks for the info, i think i'm gonna go with the galaxy over the HD2 then. I have a samsung wave and am very happy with it other than it not being android. So the galaxy is probably my best bet but i'll look into the desire a bit, thanks again

HD2 is a great phone. Great build quality. Great capabilites.

But if ya just want to buy a phone and use it its not for you.

HD2 can run Android, WinMo, Windows Phone 7, MeeGo and what not. But it requires alot of tinkering. In the end you can stick with what you like.

But if your not in a mood to do all of this then just go for the Galaxy S.

Android is alot more like WinMo. Youll eventually have to tinker it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

wernstrom! wrote: »
    S1 isn't a great phone.

S2 is an improvement, but i'm asusming cost in an issue.

What does an original desire cost these days?

Care to enlighten us as to why you think so?

Advertisement