Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering dropping to ordinary level Irish.

• 26-09-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm just looking for some opinions.

but am willing to grind it out in terms of learning off essays and texts, and other notes on poetry, pros etc..

Will it be extremely difficult for me to hold a C for LC honours Irish? I was always useless at it, but managed a C for the JC. I'm not really willing to dedicate loads of time learning off essays and texts, and other notes on poetry, pros etc in favour of other subjects.

Also, regardless of whether or not I can get an honour in it, is it really worth the stress, as I'm doing 8 other subjects at higher level.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

If you're doing six or more other honours then you're better off dropping, especially if your plan was just to learn off answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm considering it too. I'm finding it way too hard to learn the notes that my teacher is giving us and they won't stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

I was in a similar way last year, was never counting Irish, didn't care about it, got a C2 in the mocks. Decided to stick with it.Got an E when the results came out, there was a few other things which disrupted me but basically I Failed it, ended up with 590 and a fail in Irish. Over in England now for college, so just be confident your safe with staying in higher level or drop back!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

It's up to you at the end of the day, but I dropped down to Ordinary Level Irish this year and so far, it's been great for me. If you're hopeless at Irish, it takes weight off your shoulders when you know that you can actually handle it. Like I said, it worked for me but it's really up to you!

Advertisement