Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options
  • 26-09-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

.....by tying to force his way into my room with the kitchen knife. He passed out and when I went out to him I found the knife beside him. With-holding my temptation to cave his skull in I took a picture of him with the knife and rang the landlord.

He stayed out on the landing, waking up every now and again patrolling it, waiting for someone to come out and just pass out again.

He's already been told to leave 3 weeks ago but the landlord can't kick him out until Friday as per a month's notice he can give someone. Went to the Gardaì, showed them the picture but they told me they couldn't do anything either. They did give me a number to ring next time he tries something.

He's a bad drunk who's being doing shìt to annoy us. It all started with him blaring the stereo in the kitchen at 6am in the morning when he was drinking and we told him to cut it out. Since then every night he's gone out (2 -3 times a week) some shìt happens when he comes back. Kept telling the landlord but his hands were tied.

So basically, me and the housemates have to survive being murdered until Friday.

Fùck that shìt, I'm outta here. I would've beaten the shìt out of him on other occasions but when someone brings a knife to the fight I don't hang around. I'm looking at the big-ass knife I took off him here in my room and sickened at what could've happened had I not locked my door.

I was lucky, I rarely lock my door unless the gf is staying over which she was last night. Could've ended alot differently.

Besides getting the fùck out of here, anyone here in AH can give me top tips to dealing with a drunk who wants to kill you and your housemates?

EDIT: I decided to remove the picture so if I need this for legal reasons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Spike him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Sickner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Burn his house down, that'll teach him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

blast him with coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

It's just a bit of banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

He sounds like fun, you on the other hand...

Quit yo complainin'.

Paranoid much??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Thread of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

That's pretty f*cking hardcore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The guards are something else aren't they. "Oh if he tries to kill you again give us a call" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

post the pic, or kindly leave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Murder him back for the craic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

I'm sure you do things that annoy him also.

Living together is all about compromise and give and take. You can't have it all your own way.
    Also will you put the bread knife from your room back in the kitchen. Where it belongs. Think of other people in the house for a change. You selfish bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My honest advice is get outta there until Friday. People here will say fcuk that you pay your rent, but you are better safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Just be cool and stay out of his way - he sounds unstable. I know it's probably tempting to beat him like a foxy step-child but resist as you don't know how far it will escalate.

Oh and pics or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Rig up a piss bucket over the door so that when he tries his murderous rampage again he will be blasted with it.

Seriously, if he's that much of a threat to you, shag everything else and find somewhere else to go - friends, parents, hostel - until you get another permanent place. Not really worth the risk. In the meantime, invest in a baseball bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

You should set up a booby trap on your door. Piss in a bucket all day tomorrow and leave the door ajar with the bucket on top. If possible, don't stay there, just leave the booby trap set up.

edit: haha sdeire, great minds and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Duggy747 wrote: »

Besides getting the fùck out of here, anyone here in AH can give me top tips to dealing with a drunk who wants to kill you and your housemates?

Rape him in the bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Sweet alibi you're putting out there !!

And keep locking your door !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Duggy747 wrote: »

So basically, me and the housemates have to survive being murdered until Friday.

Good luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

J K wrote: »
    I'm sure you do things that annoy him also.

This house has been quite peaceful with 3 of us living here for 2 years with zero problems with each other. None of us are big drinkers and one is a mature student doing his theisis so we respect each other.

Then this cùnt came in 2 months ago and plays holy fùck every night he comes back drunk.

Oh, I would post the pic but I don't know if it's wise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I had kinda the same experience once, the bastard locked his door and i couldnt murder him though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

stay at your girlfriends till friday and leave the housemates to fend for themselves? :P maybe you could hide all the knives? ooh or you could lock him out for the night somehow, change the locks while he's gone ( I don't know how to do this but you can do it yourself apparently) and leave him to sleep it off outside for the night (and if something bad happens to him **** him.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

You should set up a booby trap on your door. Piss in a bucket all day tomorrow and leave the door ajar with the bucket on top. If possible, don't stay there, just leave the booby trap set up.

edit: haha sdeire, great minds and all that!

That was fairly uncanny.

Are we related? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Irish Property Law seriously doesn't have a clause for immediate eviction under extenuating circumstances?

I find that a bit unlikely. Or at least a bit retarded.

... "Marge! The doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

kill him first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

suck him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

total bull**** but funny none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Get a hurley and if he tries it again, Wear the hurley off his head.

• Advertisement

sdeire wrote: »
    That was fairly uncanny.

Are we related? :P

I don't know how to tell you this, but that guy that you think is your father... well...

Advertisement