Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

PS - the worst thing to come out of this thread was the unfulfilled promise of donuts... are you in politics duggy???

No, good thing I'm not. The rag papers would have dug up all kinds of paper trails of donut expenses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Can't wait for the sequel!

Well, last housemate was a drugged up lesbian with a crazy gf.

Then this housemate tried to kill me / possibly the others.

Who knows what the next one will be, probably some religious nut who runs a cult in his room and needs my kidneys to complete their ritual! :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Glad to hear you made it out alive, Duggy!

But seriously, you must go to the next AH beers with enough doughnuts for everyone since you didn't have the good grace to die *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Off topic, flirty shite deleted. Dont go ruining this amazing thread with it anymore

Ur a big meanie Keith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

In honour of Duggys survival
    With apologies to Gloria Gaynor

At first I laughed it off, but I got petrified
    Cause of that pic of him on the floor, knife by his side
    And I spent so many nights picturing poor auld Duggy dead
    And all that Boardsies could say was “What a funny thread”

But now you’re back, and the psycho’s gone
    I can finally log off Boards and put the kettle on
    At least you’ve got new locks, at least you changed the key
    And the story that unfolded was better than TV

So go on now go, enjoy your beers
    Make sure the only nuts you get are dough, for the next few years
    Weren’t you the one whose roommate tried to hurt you with a knife
    Posters thought you’d crumble, they were sure that you would die
    But no not I
    Knew you’d survive
    I’d a fifty spot in Paddy Powers
    That you’d post you were alive
    But I lost a week to this, I’m really angry, really pissed
    I’ll get my knife...... I’ll get my kniiiifffffeeeeee........ :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Glad everything turned out alright Duggy.. Do strict checks on future housemates from now on! :)

Well he knows what he has to do next time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Plazaman wrote: »
    In honour of Duggys survival
    With apologies to Gloria Gaynor

This was very well done. But now I have 'I Will Survive' stuck in my head. It'll be there for days! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Oh, and well done on the whole remaining alive thing Duggy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Well, last housemate was a drugged up lesbian with a crazy gf.

Then this housemate tried to kill me / possibly the others.

Who knows what the next one will be, probably some religious nut who runs a cult in his room and needs my kidneys to complete their ritual! :eek:
    That would be taking the piss. :pac:

• Advertisement

Let's take a look at the previous housemates who lived here:

Chinese guy and his Japanese gf
    - He was a complete asshole and a dick to her. She was lovely and polite and apologised for everything even though she never did anything wrong, absolute stunner too who could've done better than his ugly mug. That git would never talk to anyone and would tut if we dared go into the kitchen and disturb him where he sat with his laptop all evening. He'd pack his stuff and then go up to his room. Only time he ever talked to me was when he needed his laptop fixed so I used to just go down to the kitchen randomly to rile him up :pac:

Lithuanian guy - Sound guy who ended up fleeing the country but left us his whopper of a BB pistol. Christ that thing hurt.

Muslim guy - Wasn't really any muslim traits off him at all, pretty average 19 year old. I just call him that since that's how the landlord described him to us :pac:. Another sound bloke who was good craìc to have around. Used to leave horrendous amounts of frozen spinach in the freezers.

Druggy Lesbian - She was quite odd to talk to since she'd mumble off mid-sentence. Used to go into everyone's rooms in the middle of the night, including mine where she just stood there saying in a husky voice "Pee pee, I need to pee pee!!". Her gf was a complete nutter who scared the shìte out of the muslim housemate who went down to him one night stark naked and started giving him advice about cooking rice :D

Cork guy - Sound guy, couldn't understand a word he said with his thick accent. :pac: Didn't get to know him much since he was never around and moved back to Cork shortly enough.

Psych Knife - I think I've said enough about this cùnt

Fat Mr. Bean - Last housemate to have moved in who looks like a well fed Rowan Atkinson. Listens to David Gray and really depressing music all day long. Tends to make alot of noise in the middle of the night and would cook food and wash dishes like there was no tomorrow at 3am until we told him to cut it out. Started hanging out with Psych Knife, ignoring us telling him otherwise, until he eventually got scared of the guy.

So, 4 annoying people vs. 3 people sound people. Hopefully, the next person will even out score :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's kind of funny that we have this thread and the Amanda Knox one both on the front page. :D

Maybe thats where the housemate got his inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Let's take a look at the previous housemates who lived here:

Chinese guy and his Japanese gf
    - He was a complete asshole and a dick to her. She was lovely and polite and apologised for everything even though she never did anything wrong, absolute stunner too who could've done better than his ugly mug. That git would never talk to anyone and would tut if we dared go into the kitchen and disturb him where he sat with his laptop all evening. He'd pack his stuff and then go up to his room. Only time he ever talked to me was when he needed his laptop fixed so I used to just go down to the kitchen randomly to rile him up :pac:

Lithuanian guy - Sound guy who ended up fleeing the country but left us his whopper of a BB pistol. Christ that thing hurt.

Muslim guy - Wasn't really any muslim traits off him at all, pretty average 19 year old. I just call him that since that's how the landlord described him to us :pac:. Another sound bloke who was good craìc to have around. Used to leave horrendous amounts of frozen spinach in the freezers.

Druggy Lesbian - She was quite odd to talk to since she'd mumble off mid-sentence. Used to go into everyone's rooms in the middle of the night, including mine where she just stood there saying in a husky voice "Pee pee, I need to pee pee!!". Her gf was a complete nutter who scared the shìte out of the muslim housemate who went down to him one night stark naked and started giving him advice about cooking rice :D

Cork guy - Sound guy, couldn't understand a word he said with his thick accent. :pac: Didn't get to know him much since he was never around and moved back to Cork shortly enough.

Psych Knife - I think I've said enough about this cùnt

Fat Mr. Bean - Last housemate to have moved in who looks like a well fed Rowan Atkinson. Listens to David Gray and really depressing music all day long. Tends to make alot of noise in the middle of the night and would cook food and wash dishes like there was no tomorrow at 3am until we told him to cut it out. Started hanging out with Psych Knife, ignoring us telling him otherwise, until he eventually got scared of the guy.

So, 4 annoying people vs. 3 people sound people. Hopefully, the next person will even out score :pac:

Have you ever considered living alone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Going back to the start of the thread.....

Hope you got the rattle off your missus for "overpowering" the dangerous knife wielding manaic?

What a focking cast iron cert of an opportunity !

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

***Alternative ending***
    Duggy wake's up and heads for a shower, As he enters the bathroom his psycho housemate looks around the shower curtain and offers him a cup of tea. Turn's out that duggy had just dreamed he had left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Plazaman wrote: »
    Duggy, he's not from Tubbercurry by any chance is he? I may have shared a house with the same lad in the past. It started when he started playing Travelling Wiburys incessently at all hours of the day and night. "End of the Line" and "Handle With Care" were his two favourites which made him more ominous. I never bought as many locks for a bedroom door in my life.

Magnificent tunes, and the birthplace of some of the greatest greyhounds ever.

Now where did I leave that sharpener? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

Congratulations on surviving, :D

After reading this thread, my total view on housemates and sharing gaffs, has been proved right. Its a total lotto whether you get decent/sound/friendly housemate, versus kleptomanic/thinks they produce gold every toilet visit/mental/tightfisted/wouldn't care if you were on the floor in pain as long as you weren't blocking the exits... etc housemate.

that is why after this week, i shall be residing alone :cool: and i couldn't be happier. granted i'll be living off of tesco brand cornflakes and milk for a long time, but sure there is a price to pay for peace and tranquility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Congratulations on surviving, :D

After reading this thread, my total view on housemates and sharing gaffs, has been proved right. Its a total lotto whether you get decent/sound/friendly housemate, versus kleptomanic/thinks they produce gold every toilet visit/mental/tightfisted/wouldn't care if you were on the floor in pain as long as you weren't blocking the exits... etc housemate.

that is why after this week, i shall be residing alone :cool: and i couldn't be happier. granted i'll be living off of tesco brand cornflakes and milk for a long time, but sure there is a price to pay for peace and tranquility.

I have to agree,its a lottery with housemates....after reading this thread and contributing occasionally,I couldnt believe what happened to me last night.
    Two of my housemates punched the head off each other ,one even hit the other with a hurley,the remaining housemate has just left for work without evening uttering one word..in fact she looked at me as if I was a mass murderer.
    Granted she's my wife and the other two are my sons...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

What would sean o brien have done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Its threads like this that make me like being mortgaged up to my eye balls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

He'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hah, plazaman could be the next Weird Al Yankovic with that parody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Duggy; Check ye smoke alarms ..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I missed the big announcement by a few days, but belated congrats Duggy.

In similar, less impressive news I got my problem housemates to unblock the sink. With a plunger. At 1am.

/Smug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I missed the big announcement by a few days, but belated congrats Duggy.

In similar, less impressive news I got my problem housemates to unblock the sink. With a plunger. At 1am.

/Smug.

I'm intrigued by this new housemate story,tell me more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I wonder where crazy knife guy is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

DanDan6592 wrote: »

The Joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

DanDan6592 wrote: »

I'm still here.... got a spare room bud?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

And here was me hoping Duggy was in another terrifying predicament just we could all get our hands on some lovely doughnuts.

Advertisement