Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Duggy747 wrote: »

Went to the Gardaì, showed them the picture but they told me they couldn't do anything either. They did give me a number to ring next time he tries something.

Instead of taking a photo of him, why didn't you ring the Gardai at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

And I thought my housemates were bad for not cleaning.

Although if you're anything like them I strongly sympathise with the knife wielding lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

hondasam wrote: »
    Instead of taking a photo of him, why didn't you ring the Gardai at the time?

Taking the photo was the 1st thing I had planned to do, without it I would've had nothing against him. When he passed out I heard him drop something on the wooden floor and I knew instantly it was a knife, I just had to wait for the right moment to go out to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

There have been plenty of times when each of us here were going to punch him but we all agreed not to do that if we needed to get rid of him efficently.

He hangs around with pure dodgy scummers, too, and he's been using the house like a hotel here for his buddies last week.

you said your girlfriend stayed over last night? seems to be one set of rules for this guy and another set for you.

care to tell us anymore?

• Advertisement

Taking the photo was the 1st thing I had planned to do, without it I would've had nothing against him. When he passed out I heard him drop something on the wooden floor and I knew instantly it was a knife, I just had to wait for the right moment to go out to him

Photo means jack ****, could be anyone. The reason you did not call the Gardai?
    You though someone was going to kill you and your GF was there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

I'm presuming he would show the photo to the police sans the troll face :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Overheal wrote: »
    Irish Property Law seriously doesn't have a clause for immediate eviction under extenuating circumstances?

I find that a bit unlikely. Or at least a bit retarded.

He's guilty of assault straight away. Call the guards tell him you fear foryourlife and he's had a psychotic break. If that doesn't get the tosspots round to your house, I don't know what will!

Awaits the usual Garda suspects telling us how the cuts mean they can'ttake every threat seriously.

paky wrote: »
    you said your girlfriend stayed over last night? seems to be one set of rules for this guy and another set for you.

care to tell us anymore?

My gf staying in my bed is a little different to strangers (people he'd just bring off the street and he didn't know) and party until 8am.

Let's not get pedantic, I know dodgy cùnts when I see them and don't like them roaming around my house like it's only him who lives there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'm having a bit of difficulty believing that the cops 'couldn't do anything.' Threatening someone with a lethal weapon is squarely, and obviously against the law. Your word alone should be enough to get him arrested.

You've never actually needed the gardaí to do anything, have you? You'd start believing fairly quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just kill him and say you thought it was a burglar who was going to harm your girlfriend.

That's obviously not his face, you know that? I did get onto the Gardaì, showed them the picture and they told me that they couldn't do anything. The Gardaì did actually recognise him from the photo since he's known to them.

The landlord was with me but nothing was of use.

He's guilty of assault straight away. Call the guards tell him you fear foryourlife and he's had a psychotic break. If that doesn't get the tosspots round to your house, I don't know what will!

That's pretty much what me, the landlord, and the other housemates had told the cops. (housemates talked to them on the phone while I was talking to them face-to-face)

That's obviously not his face, you know that? I did get onto the Gardaì, showed them the picture and they told me that they couldn't do anything. The Gardaì did actually recognise him from the photo since he's known to them.

did you contact the gardai immediately or the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

To be honest I'd take it further with the Gardaí. They HAVE to be able to do something about that. If not, then I'd go to the papers with the story and say the Gardaí refused to help in a potentially fatal situation.

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    I'm presuming he would show the photo to the police sans the troll face :P

You don't say. That could be your friend, maybe you took that photo for our benefit to make your story more believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Um, weird question but is this guy Serbian or Russian per chance? Just that this fits a mates story of someone he knew and acted the same way. His wife had to ring up landlords as he was renowned for being a psycho.

Scary sh!t though.

PS: Nice touch with the drunk face. I lul'd.

paky wrote: »
    did you contact the gardai immediately or the next day?

Immediately, that photo was taken at 7:24am this morning.

Since your landlord and the gards are being so ****ing useless I think your best options are either to change the locks (though he'd probably just break a window to get in) or all you just go somewhere else until he's gone. Would lock your rooms though and bring all the valuable portable things with you wherever you go, or hide stuff you can't bring, hopefully you'll be lucky and him and the scumbags won't go through your rooms and get it all. Failing that you should all wait up for him after each night and beat the ****e out of him so he can't do anything, though that will be problematic if his friends are with him. At least it's only a week and not 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

That's pretty much what me, the landlord, and the other housemates had told the cops. (housemates talked to them on the phone while I was talking to them face-to-face)

Go up the ranks and just report them to the ombundsman. It's a powder keg situation and it is incumbent on you to do everything within your power to safely and legally resolve this. Start by taking down that photo.

• Advertisement

You don't say. That could be your friend, maybe you took that photo for our benefit to make your story more believable.

I have much more of an imagination and better things to be doing with my time than creating a bullshìt story for a thread.

I just thought it would be interesting for people to read. That photo is real, was taken at 7:24am this morning and I only edited out his face.

Believe it or not, I don't care.
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Um, weird question but is this guy Serbian or Russian per chance? Just that this fits a mates story of someone he knew and acted the same way. His wife had to ring up landlords as he was renowned for being a psycho.

Scary sh!t though.

He's Irish.

Obviously that wouldn't be the only evidence he would have, but it would definitly help, especially since it is the guy they're all accusing lying passed out on the floor with a knife beside him, though I suppose they could just put it beside him while he's asleep to frame him. He could of course be lying to us, but I don't think he is, and if I was in his situation I'd be freaked out and looking for advice, so I think it's better to try and help him out and make jokes to try and help him feel better about the situation than demand extra evidence to prove he's telling the truth. If you don't like reading the thread noone is forcing you to follow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

reminds me of a house party I was at in college. Some sham that turned up for trouble pulled a knife on one of my mates and one of the other lads says, "what's with the knife, are we having cake?", deadpan out. We can laugh about it now but at the time it was serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

If you're seriously getting no help I'd say either move out or tie the fuhker up.

so the guards arrived at the scene at what time?

You said you went to the gardai.
    you expect us to believe you rang the gardai, told them some crazy man was trying to kill you and they did nothing.
    Did they go to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

You've never actually needed the gardaí to do anything, have you? You'd start believing fairly quickly!

I am a very harsh critic of the useless police force that exists in Ireland. They are terrible by most 1st world standards. And, I don't actually doubt the OP. I was trying to understand the reasoning behind the Guard's insistence that he couldn't do anything when it's actually his duty to do something. It's a criminal act to threaten someone with a knife. Maybe the Guard in question doesn't know the law he's supposed to be upholding very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Cherry_Angel

Stay with your girlfriend until he's gone???

I wouldn't chance a night under the same roof as him if it was absolutely unavoidable!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Get 2 rubber dildos and superglue them into each of his hands when he's in a drunken sleep. This won't solve anything, but at least you and your other housemates get a good laugh when he wakes up and he's swinging dildos aroung.

• Advertisement

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    Obviously that wouldn't be the only evidence he would have, but it would definitly help, especially since it is the guy they're all accusing lying passed out on the floor with a knife beside him, though I suppose they could just put it beside him while he's asleep to frame him. He could of course be lying to us, but I don't think he is, and if I was in his situation I'd be freaked out and looking for advice, so I think it's better to try and help him out and make jokes to try and help him feel better about the situation than demand extra evidence to prove he's telling the truth. If you don't like reading the thread noone is forcing you to follow it.

The truth matters to me and if you don't want to read my posts no one is forcing you too.

Advertisement