Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

paky wrote: »
    so the guards arrived at the scene at what time?

Calm down there, Columbo.
    hondasam wrote: »
    You said you went to the gardai.
    you expect us to believe you rang the gardai, told them some crazy man was trying to kill you and they did nothing.
    Did they go to your house.

I wasn't thinking straight considering I just removed a knife that was probably meant to intimidate me or worse so I rang the landlord first since I'm in contact with him all the time, he came straight away, we got chatting to guy and then the 2 of us went to the Gardaì station.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

The truth matters to me and if you don't want to read my posts no one is forcing you too.

Noted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Duggy747 wrote: »

I wasn't thinking straight considering I just removed a knife that was probably meant to intimidate me or worse so I rang the landlord first since I'm in contact with him all the time, he came straight away, we got chatting to guy and then the 2 of us went to the Gardaì station.

What did you expect them to do? if you called them at the time they would have seen him passed out.

If I was that afraid and in fear for my life I would ring the Gardai .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

The truth matters to me and if you don't want to read my posts no one is forcing you too.

My favourite film.

I think the op cannot handle the truth. I can't be doing with bull**** stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

What did you expect them to do? if you called them at the time they would have seen him passed out.

Arrest him. That's a good start. And while I'm at - why are you interrogating this guy? Do you doubt the veracity of what he's saying?

I wasn't betting on the Gardaì to arrive while he was still passed out since he was beginning to wake up more frequently and I took my chance to get the picture. He woke up to see me standing over him and I gave him a right bollicking, he tried passing it off that he was using the knife to open bottles (no bottles around him or in the house bar that cup of tea) and then he told the landlord he was using the knife to make sandwiches................outside my room.

I didn't expect the Gardaì to do anything, I just wanted advice from them on what to do with him and they gave what they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

My favourite film.

I played along and now I regret it. I feel like I was drugged and my breadknife taken off me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Calm down there, Columbo.

why didnt you just finish him off while you had the chance

Arrest him. That's a good start. And while I'm at - why are you interrogating this guy? Do you doubt the veracity of what he's saying?

If the op called them they might have arrested him. The Gardai are getting blamed for not doing anything but he never called them.
    I doubt everyone.

• Advertisement

My favourite film.

A cùnt tried to get into my room with a knife this morning and you call bullshìt? I'm here with the knife beside me after dealing with all this shìt today and you're there reading my story calling it fake?

You're bullshìt detector is out of whack.

If the op called them they might have arrested him. The Gardai are getting blamed for not doing anything but he never called them.
    I doubt everyone.

I'm not blaming the Gardaì since I didn't go to them with the intention of having this guy arrested. I wanted advice, they gave it to me and I said they were being sound and helpful.

A cùnt tried to get into my room with a knife this morning and you call bullshìt? I'm here with the knife beside me after dealing with all this shìt today and you're there reading my story calling it fake?

You're bullshìt detector is out of whack.

Yes it sounds fake to me.

paky wrote: »
    why didnt you just finish him off while you had the chance

Believe me, after 2 months of his shìt and standing over him it was tempting to do something. As shocked as I was at least I took the notion to take a picture and deal with it as best as I thought I could.

I didn't know what I'd need with the picture but for something this serious I thought it would be needed, whatever the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I doubt everyone.
    They did nothing. He went and complained that a psychopath with a knife was trying to kill him, he showed them a photo of the guy passed out with the knife. They did fúck all. The least they could've done was investigated a little bit.
    Why are you going out of your way to prove he's lying?

Yes it sounds fake to me.

Then count yourself lucky you've never been in this situation. I've nothing to prove to you.

Others have been in this situation, you clearly haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Adrianno28

That's a mad situation.... just keep your Girl friend away until Friday AND lock your door at night... that's all you can do.

Dean09 wrote: »
    They did nothing. He went and complained that a psychopath with a knife was trying to kill him, he showed them a photo of the guy passed out with the knife. They did fúck all. The least they could've done was investigated a little bit.
    Why are you going out of your way to prove he's lying?

Investigate what? If he was that much in fear for himself and his gf he would have phoned the Gardai at the time,
    is this not the logical thing to do?

I don't need to prove he is lying, he needs to prove he is telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I doubt everyone.

I'm fairly sure if he stayed passed out for a week they might show up just in time to see him on the floor with the knife. When people know the gardaí won't do anything and won't respond for what could be days, what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

So you're in your girlfriends house now, are you flatmates still there with him?

• Advertisement

Adrianno28 wrote: »
    That's a mad situation.... just keep your Girl friend away until Friday AND lock your door at night... that's all you can do.

I told the gf to pack whatever she needed and leave. She's not coming back here until everything is sorted; he leaves, all locks are changed, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Tbh I don't think he has to prove a thing to you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

OP....

Reminds me of a freak i lived with last College year....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71376302&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Investigate what? If he was that much in fear for himself and his gf he would have phoned the Gardai at the time,
    is this not the logical thing to do?

You're the only one who doubts him. I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt and sympathize than do what you're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Get yourself a steel baseball bat and break his fúcking legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Rub poo all over his walls.

He won't like that at all sure he won't.

I've been on this site reguraly for almost 6 years.

What is your logic for me to start a bullshìt thread? I'm kind of going out of my way to answer people's questions just for the sake of a joke that only I'd find funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

OneArt wrote: »
    Rub poo all over his walls.

He won't like that at all sure he won't.

That's a crap idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I told the gf to pack whatever she needed and leave. She's not coming back here until everything is sorted; he leaves, all locks are changed, etc.

Ah, now I see what you're at - "Eh, no love, of course I still want to be with you, it's just that, eh....there's this madman, yeh, that's it! A madman in the house! You, eh, have to leave and take your stuff and not come back! Seeya, bye bye! have to go, locks to change!".

Very inventive, hats off to you.

• Advertisement

Dean09 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't think he has to prove a thing to you
    You're the only one who doubts him. I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt and sympathize than do what you're doing.

If you start a thread not everyone is going to agree with you.
    I doubt the story so what, is anyone going to lose sleep over it, doubt it.

If ye are this sensitive god help ye.

Advertisement