Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

hondasam wrote: »
    If you start a thread not everyone is going to agree with you.
    I doubt the story so what, is anyone going to lose sleep over it, doubt it.

If ye are this sensitive god help ye.

I'd be this sensitive too if:

a) Someone wanted to murder me

b) I'd gone nuts and imagined someone wanting to murder me

or c) My incredibly well thought out troll thread was being derailed by your cold analytic stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Seaneh wrote: »
    OP....

Reminds me of a freak i lived with last College year....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71376302&postcount=1

Sounds like the same person TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The landlord in question could be taken to task if an official complaint was filed with the PRTB, and the tenant with the knife could also be done under the Section 16 of the Residential Tenancies Act 2004.

The landlord can be held liable if he/she is informed of an act or acts that go against the act and they do not act, and the tenant himself would be breaching the terms of his lease once he does the following

(b) engage in behaviour that causes or could cause fear, danger, injury, damage or loss to
    any person living, working or otherwise lawfully in the dwelling concerned or its
    vicinity and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, includes violence,
    intimidation, coercion, harassment or obstruction of, or threats to, any such
    person, or

(c) engage, persistently, in behaviour that prevents or interferes with the peaceful
    occupation—

(i) by any other person residing in the dwelling concerned, of that dwelling,
    (ii) by any person residing in any other dwelling contained in the property
    containing the dwelling concerned, of that other dwelling, or
    (iii) by any person residing in a dwelling (‘‘neighbourhood dwelling’’) in the
    vicinity of the dwelling or the property containing the dwelling concerned,
    of that neighbourhood dwelling.

Maybe the OP should get in touch with the PRTB and see where he stands. Plenty of info on this site for you Duggy with links to the relevant Acts so you can check out the legal side of things.

http://public.prtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Man, next time he passes out drag him outside and curb stomp both his hands and leave him in the road.

See how the **** likes that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

OP is defo making this up.

Otherwise we would have had a pic of the guy with the knife, on the landing.

Upload the pic op. Hide the guys face.

Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

I don't need to prove he is lying, he needs to prove he is telling the truth.

:eek:

Jaysus... What is it with some people eh?

I think you've spent too much time on the internet there hondasam.

@ OP

Ignore hondasam, he's either trolling or there is something wrong with him. It'll just turn sour if you keep replying to him. You've enough to worry about.

Yes you probably should have instantly called the guards while this guy was outside your door so they could catch him in the act but at least you are not hurt and that's what matters for now.

Keep away from that guy, all it takes is one drunken idiot to lose control for one second to cause life changing damage to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Much appreciated Kess.

All I want is this fùcker out of my house, no way I'm living for 5 days on edge.

Job done.

Come in late then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Job done.

If the left hand of god says so, it's good enough for me. Good to see you reaching out to your client base like this.

Job done.

You're late to the party, I had the picture up but decided to take it down in case I need to pursue this.

I trust other members can back me up on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Yup. White guy lying on the landing with a knife and a mug lying on the floor beside him.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    You're late to the party, I had the picture up but decided to take it down in case I need to pursue this.

I trust other members can back me up on that.

It's true.

To be fair, if there weren't pics, Duggy would have had to GTFO hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Randomer. wrote: »
    :eek:

Jaysus... What is it with some people eh?

I think you've spent too much time on the internet there hondasam.

@ OP

Ignore hondasam, he's either trolling or there is something wrong with him. It'll just turn sour if you keep replying to him. You've enough to worry about.

Ignore hondasam all you like SHE will not mind.

She eh? Prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

I obv missed the pic bit.

Sorry!

"late to the party"

What a nice way to put it :)

She eh? Prove it.

I cannot prove it, neither can the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Pics or gtfo

Take a pic of yourself now with a sheet of paper saying hondasam :P

Defeatist. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

OP

Video him next time he's acting like this. I'm obviously you can't stick the camera in his face but even if you are just getting sound get some record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

She eh? Prove it.

Yeah!

FLAPS OR GTFO

• Advertisement

True - but do I have any reason to doubt you?

I obv missed the pic bit.

Sorry!

"late to the party"

What a nice way to put it :)

No prob, I expected some people wouldn't believe and, as much as I didn't want to, I put the picture up.

I decided it was better to take it down in the end.

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo

Take a pic of yourself now with a sheet of paper saying hondasam :P
    Defeatist. :D

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it's bull****, all the lads sticking together, cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Put all the knives and any other sharp implements into a bag and bring them to the nearest garda station for them to mind while that lunatic is still around.Tell them ye are in fear of your lives.
    Buy a bag of plastic knives in tesco.Also report him for threatening to burn ye out of the house.
    You should demand an apology too from the landlord for putting this psycho in with ye.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it's bull****, all the lads sticking together, cute.

Sexist!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

He sounds like a total asshole but chances are he is a bully and is trying to intimidate you and flat mates so he can be king of the castle. If he really was nuts and wanted to kill you he'd have gotten into you.

The gaurds hands are tied in situations like this. It is not ilegal to walk around in the house you live in with a knife nor is it ilegal to try opening doors. A very good friend of mine wss constantly subjected to threats from her ex but the gaurds couln't touch him, they said he has to act on those threats otherwise they would be locking up half the country every weekend. She got a barring order in the end so now the gaurds do have some leverage with him but only because there is a court order. Sure there are laws that say you can't threaten someones life etc..but in reality those laws are not upheld.

OP write down every incident, keep photos etc just incase Friday is not the last you see of him and you have to get a court order. Good luck, thats a pain in the ass to be dealing with.

Ah who gives a **** either way in fairness.

If true it's ****ing mental and if not it's at least a decent effort.

Besides, i've lived with a proper ****ing violent loony in the past so it's not beyond the realms of my imagining that this might have gone down as described.

OP

Video him next time he's acting like this. I'm obviously you can't stick the camera in his face but even if you are just getting sound get some record.

There won't be a next time for him to act up, I was given a number to ring next time he even as much sneezes. The rest of the housemates have the number now and know when we'll have to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Do you think a lad would have a username like this? :P

• Advertisement

True - but do I have any reason to doubt you?

I can prove it, if I had to, the op can't.

Advertisement