Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Do you act like this for every post you read on boards? #buzzkillington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

is there anything to be said for breaking his legs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    Do you act like this for every post you read on boards? #buzzkillington

only when I think it's bull****. If I am wrong I will apologise to the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

hondasam wrote: »
    I can prove it, if I had to, the op can't.

I put up a picture to prove it, you thought it was staged, I took it myself, took the knife off him, dealt with him, the landlord and the Gardaì all day today.

I really don't understand what kind of proof you want. A picture of me in hospital with a stab wound or would you still find that as an elaborate staged picture?

Am I known as a troll to you or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'm enjoying this thread :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Borrow next door's knife and using the breadboard as a shield have a fight to the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

Other than invite you all over for a sleepover how can he possibly prove this to anyone on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

set up a webcam in your room and broadcast 24h online. we will call police when we see something happenz:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Errr, sorry for butting in to the thread but does anyone have a spare room to rent? It's for my brother. Kinda needs to get sorted by Friday.
    Oh, and keeping up with the rent not an issue. He is very career motivated. Works all hours as a door to door knife salesman.

Anyway, let me know if you can help him out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Redmal wrote: »
    Other than invite you all over for a sleepover how can he possibly prove this to anyone on here?

Sounds like fun i'll bring the pocorn! And my son had a metal baseball bat that might come in handy.

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I put up a picture to prove it, you thought it was staged, I took it myself, took the knife off him, dealt with him, the landlord and the Gardaì all day today.

I really don't understand what kind of proof you want. A picture of me in hospital with a stab wound or would you still find that as an elaborate staged picture?

Am I known as a troll to you or something?

It is possible it was staged, no idea if you are a troll or not.
    Did you speak to the mad man today when he sobered up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I believe the OP. Hondasam, stop wrecking the buzz.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I believe the OP. Hondasam, stop wrecking the buzz.

Without me there would be no buzz. ye would all agree with the op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Without me there would be no buzz. ye would all agree with the op.

No, without the crazy roommate with the knife there would be no buzz. You're just a party pooper.

Did you speak to the mad man today when he sobered up?

Yup, after me and the landlord went to the Garda station we went back to the house to talk to him.

Lying sack of shìt told the landlord he went to bed at 2am after coming home, no mention of threats and denied what he did with the knife. I then appeared and rubbished all of his claims which he couldn't defend. There was, after all, that picture I put up to prove what he was at at 7:24am.

He claims we gang up on him with all of these allegations but how can you not have a problem with a housemate who threatens others weekly and plays music full volume from the kitchen between 4am and 8am?

He's a little attention seeking twerp. When we 1st told him to stop playing music that loud in the morning it only made him do things worse. This "you can't tell me what to do!" mentality.

Landlord told him he's out before the end of the week before someone is hurt to which he replied "Heh, won't be me who'll be getting hurt!

He's a coward when you confront him but when he's on his own he gets random ideas to stir shìt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

my 2 cents:

op has 2 options - stay at gf house until friday BUT would advise keeping in contact with the other non-psycho housemates, for other possible episodes

GTFO - he does, after all, know where u live OP

@hondasam - we live in a society, and country where people are presumed innocent until proven guilty, the OP has a high post count (didnt investigate other posts) , a pic of said psycho - known to gardai, has gone to gardai/landlord.. etc

yet... you seem to be calling him a liar, based on what? IF the OP gets stabbed to death/burned alive.. please post your reaction (hope it never happens OP )

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

I was given a number to ring next time he even as much sneezes.

just say bless you.

nice_very wrote: »
    GTFO - he does, after all, know where u live OP

I was planning on moving out anyways but now it's definitely in motion. I know this type of character, I've dealt with them many times before and know that it won't end after he moves out.

The scenario of him returning to this house with his buddies can't be brushed aside and will always be a possibilty. We've talked it through about changing the locks and telling him that we've informed the Gardaì if he pulls any more stunts.

He has shìtloads of public disorder charges so something like this definitely would see him in big trouble. He's a brutal drunk and the Gardaì know it, they didn't consider him violent but rather just a plain asshole.

Yup, after me and the landlord went to the Garda station we went back to the house to talk to him.

Lying sack of shìt told the landlord he went to bed at 2am after coming home, no mention of threats and denied what he did with the knife. I then appeared and rubbished all of his claims which he couldn't defend. There was, after all, that picture I put up to prove what he was at at 7:24am.

I was under the impression the landlord came over and seen him passed out on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I wouldn't do anything to p*ss him off anyways...easier said than done I suppose...

• Advertisement

I was under the impression the landlord came over and seen him passed out on the floor.

No, again it's why I took the picture before doing anything. He was beginning to wake up and I needed some sort of proof for something this serious.

Saying he had a knife wouldn't have had the same impact unless I had that picture to prove it.

I woke him, roared the shìte out of him, he told me to chill and then he went into his room. Rang the landlord, he came over and we both went to the station before returning to talk to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

God dammit.

you are TEARING ME APART HONDASAM

said like that.

No, again it's why I took the picture before doing anything. He was beginning to wake up and I needed some sort of proof for something this serious.

Saying he had a knife wouldn't have had the same impact unless I had that picture to prove it.

You do know the pic proves nothing, he was passed out,you could have put the knife there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

You do know the pic proves nothing, he was passed out,you could have put the knife there.

Who cares? This is AH, not the supreme court. It's a good story, leave it at that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Who cares? This is AH, not the supreme court. It's a good story, leave it at that :)

No, hang on there is a lot to be said for Divil's advocacy..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well OP his drinking isn't the problem, it's his long overdue Psych referral.

The picture was moreso for the landlord and the housemates since we already have experience with this guy. Not the Gardaì or you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

With-holding my temptation to cave his skull in I took a picture of him with the knife and rang the landlord.
    Fùck that shìt, I'm outta here. I would've beaten the shìt out of him on other occasions but when someone brings a knife to the fight I don't hang around. I'm looking at the big-ass knife I took off him here in my room and sickened at what could've happened had I not locked my door.

If all what you say is true, and I dont mean to be rude, but you had more than enough reason to hit him. You dont need to go on like you were going to kick the crap out of him when you werent going to (and im not saying that as some internet a*shole hiding behind his keyboard) ..if you werent going to fight him because of the back-lash that could happen before friday? thats fair enough. Thats level headed. Nothing wrong with it.

As for your issue man, its obvious this guy is angry he has to move. So expect something to happen on thursday night / friday morning. Not necessary attacking you (but a possiblity) but doing something to fu*k you and the other housemates over.

CoolHat wrote: »
    If all what you say is true, and I dont mean to be rude, but you had more than enough reason to hit him. You dont need to go on like you were going to kick the crap out of him when you werent going to (and im not saying that as some internet a*shole hiding behind his keyboard) ..if you werent going to fight him because of the back-lash that could happen before friday? thats fair enough. Thats level headed. Nothing wrong with it.

Maybe its just me, But I take a pinch of salt when someone describes a past event with how they were going to kick some ass but didnt .. again op, this isnt an attack on you. The theme of my message is you dont need to say that :)

As for your issue man, its obvious this guy is angry he has to move. So expect something to happen on thursday night / friday morning. Not necessary attacking you but doing something to fu*k you and the other housemates over.

I ain't no "hard man", and don't do tough talk but I was just voicing what was going through my head during occasions in relation to his guy as I was writing it. I still hold the thought of wanting to punch him, kick him up the arse, yadda yadda, but I'm more level-headed to know that's not how you solve things.

Still, it helps to voice these things in my head when dealing with utter **** :pac:

I agree with your post, I was just typing on how I feel against him to make myself feel better about the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

beat him black and blue, at least thats what id do if someone was threatening me with a knife and then fell asleep

Advertisement