Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Stay safe Duggy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Duggy747 wrote: »
    .....by tying to force his way into my room with the kitchen knife. He passed out and when I went out to him I found the knife beside him. With-holding my temptation to cave his skull in I took a picture of him with the knife and rang the landlord.

He stayed out on the landing, waking up every now and again patrolling it, waiting for someone to come out and just pass out again.

TL;DR

but when he was unconscious, why didn't you take the knife away from him and then drag him outside the front door? I personally don't like to leave dangerous weapons with dangerous people if they are polite enough to be unconscious.

I once lived with a schizophrenic who wasn't taking his medicine. Now that was interesting. Yeesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Duggy do you want to round up an AH posse to sort this dude out.

Flutt could distract him by talking all things toilet while pighead confuses him by talking in the 3rd person...while all this goes on brummytom pops his cherry on him and bums him into oblivion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Look on the bright side OP. At least you're not snoring anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I once lived with a schizophrenic who wasn't taking his medicine. Now that was interesting. Yeesh.

I think I did too! Very strange and stressful experience.

Good luck til Friday OP, house-sharing is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

While I hope you aren't killed OP, and go onto live a happy and psycho-housemate-free life (I've had them myself so feel your pain), this thread will be kind of anti-climactic if this lad just moves out quietly and is never heard from again. I need just one more drunken rampage for closure. Hopefully with chainsaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

leggo wrote: »
    I need just one more drunken rampage for closure. Hopefully with chainsaws.
    Yeah dont disappoint us. Make it up if you have to. You should never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

[Geordie Accent]

Day three and Duggy is still alive. He suspects that the flatmate is gone out drinking and so is a little apprehensive with nnominations to come and a possibly Fridya Night eveiction....

[/Geordie accent]

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

An ex cut himself repeatedly with a knife then threatened to kill me too (all the time locked into his place, he took my phone, and actually frisked me to make sure I didn't have a wire!!) Psychos are not fun to be around, but for those who doubt the Gardaí stance on this, well, after I managed to escape my ex, told them what happened, they dropped me at the airport to get a bus home and told me to think about it. Nice.

Duggy I sympathise and hope that it's being dealt with, also, be careful, because they can and do show up at your place of residence with drink taken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hope you don't get murdered, Duggy :eek:

If ya do though, can I have your sig? I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Day four of Duggy watch…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

An ex cut himself repeatedly with a knife then threatened to kill me too (all the time locked into his place, he took my phone, and actually frisked me to make sure I didn't have a wire!!) Psychos are not fun to be around, but for those who doubt the Gardaí stance on this, well, after I managed to escape my ex, told them what happened, they dropped me at the airport to get a bus home and told me to think about it. Nice.

Duggy I sympathise and hope that it's being dealt with, also, be careful, because they can and do show up at your place of residence with drink taken!

And what happened when you went back to make a statement after thinking about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Day: 3

Status: Still alive, a bit cold though.............might close window.

Well, the guy left the house today at 4pm and hasn't returned. That only means one thing, he's on the piss again and will return to this house starting more shìt.

Only difference is that I'll be ready for him if he tries anything.
    WindSock wrote:
    Hope you don't get murdered, Duggy

If ya do though, can I have your sig? I really like it.

Well, since you're the only one who asked................sure, why not? :pac:

MagicSean wrote: »
    And what happened when you went back to make a statement after thinking about it?

The garda involved actually rang me himself to ask me if I could leave it a few weeks because he was in charge of a murder case in Swords that same weekend. Because no gard would help me out as he'd promised they would, in going around to get my belongings back, me and my ex went to get them. He grabbed me by the neck and ripped a chunk of skin out the whole length of my neck, then kicked the living crap out of my ex. We tried to persue it, but it turned out to be easier to find a needle in a haystack than get the gardaí involved. We dropped it since I had moved house and the ex was moving abroad, didn't seem worth it. Same guy still sometimes signs me up for stupid stuff like plastic surgery, hearing aids, etc. so I signed him up for AA.

This isn't relevant to this thread, just wanted to sympathise with Duggy that really, the gardaí can't do anything.

Day: 3

Status: Still alive, a bit cold though.............might close window.

Well, the guy left the house today at 4pm and hasn't returned. That only means one thing, he's on the piss again and will return to this house starting more shìt.

Only difference is that I'll be ready for him if he tries anything.

Do not under any circumstances hit him or get mouthy with him - that will stand against you. Lock your door and let him go mental as he likes. Oh, and anything you value in the place? Get it into your room now. Lock yourself and your belongings in and wait for the inevitable ****storm on Friday.

Do not under any circumstances hit him or get mouthy with him - that will stand against you. Lock your door and let him go mental as he likes. Oh, and anything you value in the place? Get it into your room now. Lock yourself and your belongings in and wait for the inevitable ****storm on Friday.

Nothing of value in this place downstairs belonging to anybody so he can trash the place all he wants. I'm here locked in my room so I don't plan to greet him when he comes back.

I'm not going to confront him / punch him / etc. He's the type of character who wants that to happen so he'll have some sort of defence for himself. We're all wise to his shìt here hence why nobody has punched him despite the numerous situations that have nearly happened.

I'll be just ready for him when he comes back and in case he tries anything on the other housemate. If so, we just have to ring the Gardaì number we were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

The garda involved actually rang me himself to ask me if I could leave it a few weeks because he was in charge of a murder case in Swords that same weekend.

"I'm sure that gentleman can last being dead another few days, I however am uncertain if I'll be alive another few days so do your fucking job before you're in charge of a second murder case."

Some Gardai are seriously incompetent.

Nothing of value in this place downstairs belonging to anybody so he can trash the place all he wants. I'm here locked in my room so I don't plan to greet him when he comes back.

I'm not going to confront him / punch him / etc. He's the type of character who wants that to happen so he'll have some sort of defence for himself. We're all wise to his shìt here hence why nobody has punched him despite the numerous situations that have nearly happened.

I'll be just ready for him when he comes back and in case he tries anything on the other housemate. If so, we just have to ring the Gardaì number we were given.

Awesome. Any chance that you are hoping he'll kick off so you have the chance to call the gardaí on him? I know I would!!

Was quite disappointed in the end me ex never showed up to get arrested at my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I havnt posted on this thread yet, but I'v been glued to this :)
    Best of luck tonight!

• Advertisement

Awesome. Any chance that you are hoping he'll kick off so you have the chance to call the gardaí on him? I know I would!!

Was quite disappointed in the end me ex never showed up to get arrested at my house.

There's a good chance he'll probably try something, like knock on my door to go out to him and what not but I won't give him a reaction which will drive him nuts.

There's a good chance he'll probably try something, like knock on my door to go out to him and what not but I won't give him a reaction which will drive him nuts.

Always feels good to be the bigger person! Good man Duggy, wish you all the best on Friday.... hope the kicking out goes smoothly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Da_Doc

Don't know if its been suggested earlier in the thread but make sure the landlord has the locks changed as soon as he goes, demand it. If he is a true scummer he wont think twice about getting a copy of the key made and possibly robbing or thrashing the house down the line.

Hope all goes smoothly.

He's just returned with another bag of drink whistling to himself loudly.

So it begins....
    Da_Doc wrote:
    Don't know if its been suggested earlier in the thread but make sure the landlord has the locks changed as soon as he goes, demand it. If he is a true scummer he wont think twice about getting a copy of the key made and possibly robbing or thrashing the house down the line.

We've already that settled on, locks being changed the day he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Keep us updated. Quite entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

He's just returned with another bag of drink whistling to himself loudly.

So it begins....

We've already that settled on, locks being changed the day he goes.

Oh noes! :( Don't rise to it! Keep that number handy and let the mad **** roar all he wants. Do ye know the neighbours? Get 'em to ring the gaurds aswell and tell them that they can't sleep with the noise. Fcuk it they have to do somethin' like!

Good Luck :)

Sorry to disappoint but while he came in and was in the kitchen the doorbell rang.

I thought "Shìte, that better not be buddies of his"...............turned out it was a taxi waiting for him. Normally when that happens it just means he's heading off to a late pub but he went up to his room and went through his drawers.

Thought I heard a plastic bag so maybe he could be kipping somewhere else tonight. If so......

Thing is I won't be sure until 3 to 5am when he normally ventures home fùcking wasted and starts causing a ruccus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sorry to disappoint but while he came in and was in the kitchen the doorbell rang.

I thought "Shìte, that better not be buddies of his"...............turned out it was a taxi waiting for him. Normally when that happens it just means he's heading off to a late pub but he went up to his room and went through his drawers.

Thought I heard a plastic bag so maybe he could be kipping somewhere else tonight. If so......

Thing is I won't be sure until 3 to 5am when he normally ventures home fùcking wasted and starts causing a ruccus.

And you STILL haven't gotten your hands on a video camera??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

I would strongly recommend moving house. If he goes on the batter for the weekend he'll inevitably try to get back in to the house when he is drunk, especially if he's mentally unstable, which judging by his actions he definitely is. I don't think he'll just disappear after Friday if he is the kind of loon-ball that tries to get in to your room with a knife. Save yourself the hassle and get gone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Sorry to disappoint but while he came in and was in the kitchen the doorbell rang.....

Op,
    you're probably better off not posting updates in this thread.
    People are just looking to read if bad stuff goes down. As opposed to wanting nothing to happen to you. Its the whole soap tv mentality.

Sure if you suddenly just posted "things went off without a hitch" this thread would fall into the obscurity as so many threads have.

Advertisement