Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHILDCARE COURSES

Options
  • 26-09-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

hi guys

im currently unemployed and would love to do a course in childcare, i dont have to much info on it or where to start if there is someone maybe that is doing a course at the mo could they advise me? im based in kildare so if i was doing a course it would be down that way/portlaoise/portarlington etc..any info would be appreciated, just to basics...thanks :O
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i have justed finished a level 5 and starting the level 6.
    Well there is alot of assignments to do but if you put your whole engery to it you will get good marks.
    I studied full time and some of the subjects I did was early childhood education,working in childcare,art and craft and child development.
    Also you get to do work experience which is good to see if your interested to work in childcare or not.
    After doing the level 5 you could start working as its the minimum requirment.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

oh brill thanks wasnt to sure of the levels that are required, must look into it, wasnt to sure what exactly was involved...im currently a stay at home mam so would love to do something different ...

anything else you would like to ask

ayumi wrote: »
    anything else you would like to ask

no ur grand thanks, i wasnt to sure at what level u start at, but will defo enquire about it...

Play Bunny wrote: »
    no ur grand thanks, i wasnt to sure at what level u start at, but will defo enquire about it...

oh you start with the level 5 then the level 6 which is the supervision in childcare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Professor Severus Snape

If you do decide to start a childcare course, be warned that level 5 will just about get you employment. It's crucial that you get the highest level you can achieve, especially considering that eventually they aren't going to be employing those with just level 5.

If you do decide to start a childcare course, be warned that level 5 will just about get you employment. It's crucial that you get the highest level you can achieve, especially considering that eventually they aren't going to be employing those with just level 5.

oh rite thanks for that, will certainly do as much as i can...

Advertisement