Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 3

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

First Dead Space 3 reviews are trickling out.

8/10 from IGN.
    9/10 from Ausgamer.
    90/100 from Multiplayer.it
    88/100 from 3DJuegos

IGN and 3DJuegos said the atmosphere of the game was the same as the first 2.
    The other 2 sites said it was probably not as atmospheric as the first 2.

Co-op doesn't seem to be intrusive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got a message from e-bay yesteray saying the seller had delisted the item I bought. Had to open a dispute with paypal. Looks like no chance of me getting this anytime soon.......grrrrrrr:mad:

• Azza wrote: »
    First Dead Space 3 reviews are trickling out.

8/10 from IGN.
    9/10 from Ausgamer.
    90/100 from Multiplayer.it
    88/100 from 3DJuegos

IGN and 3DJuegos said the atmosphere of the game was the same as the first 2.
    The other 2 sites said it was probably not as atmospheric as the first 2.

Co-op doesn't seem to be intrusive either.

Where are you puilling the IGN review from, can't see it on the website anywhere??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pretty interesting comparing the atmosphere to the first two when the atmosphere of the second was almost non existent compared to the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Where are you puilling the IGN review from, can't see it on the website anywhere??

Possibly the same place IGN pull their review scores out of! Honestly who would even bother reading an IGN review? Ive seen better (and more honest) game reviews in my local weekly paper.

• Advertisement

My bad IGN gave it 7.8.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

7/10 from Edge and Eurogamer.

I have no interest in picking this up (immediately, anyway) after the disappointment of DS2, but sounding like a bit of a one step forward, one step back sort of deal. Particularly don't like that the campaign is supposedly overlong again - the tedium of the second half of DS2 was its single weakest link for me. There was only so many monster closets one could handle before the mechanics grew tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What's the point Sheehy? You already have it wrapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

What's the point Sheehy? You already have it wrapped up.

Is he still winning everything?

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is he still winning everything?
    Last I checked he was. Made me give up entering anything that he might even remotely get a sniff of.

It's okay lads, it's okay, you actually have a chance of winning this one as I only have a PS3 :D

It's okay lads, it's okay, you actually have a chance of winning this one as I only have a PS3 :D
    You still entered it, didn't you? Fess up

You still entered it, didn't you? Fess up

Ah me? no way :P. I believe in Karma Kearney, share the goods and the goods will come back around.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Ill probably pick it up at some stage down the line when its on sale. Loved the first two but the demo didn't give me the best impression and judging from the reviews it seems like its a bit of a disappointment. Really not feeling the whole co op side of it and the gun crafting just feels a bit unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Normally I'd enter but why do they need my address and phone number up front :confused:

Pass, you can have it Sheehy they should know your from memory :p

Edit : It lets me enter without giving address or phone ...... I'm back in the chase :D

In fairness I didn't win anything in a while and my PS3 was stolen a couple of weeks ago so I could actually do with winning a few things/ fellow boardsies donating a few games to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

7.7 on gametrailers, they reckon its lost its atmosphere for more an action and jump scare tactics, and been overwhelmed by enemies.
    They also say it feels like a co-op game striped down when playing single player...
    idk about this one regardless of any review, maybe a bargain bin buy at some point..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll give it a few weeks, then rent it. There is enough in Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 to keep be going for another bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

From reviews it sounds like it's a great game bogged down by some poor choices and a bad script, meaning it's just good. Isaac making weapons makes sense but sounds like it kills a game built on tension and atmos... 7-8/10 isnt great - will just give it a few weeks and pick it up for around €30 so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya probably going to wait to purchase it at a lower price too. I don't like the fact that is supposed to be way more action orientated than horror/survival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well....its in there...now with added head-banging.

Seems a bit easier to get now, just finish Classic mode.

I can see this being in the next Saints Row game!

• Any prices floating around yet? Was looking to trade for Far Cry 3 (Hated it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Argos: €48.99
    Smyths: €54.99 (10% off with loyalty card maybe)
    Gamestop: €49.97 (online. Instore probably be dearer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Been playing it a bit and not overly crazy on it.Few slight improvements but it really feels like a reskin of 2 with the difficulty level dramatically lowered. Story is just mehhhhhhhh and haven't come across any real horror moments where you'd jump out of your seat. Way too much of the same for my liking. If I can fight through the boredom and complete it ,I can't see myself replaying it anytime in the future.Unless you're a mad fan of the series I'd say it a rent and definitely not a buy.

Playing it in co-op with a friend and I'm quite enjoying it. 4 chapters in and yes there is less tension, its been replaced with a more humorous atmosphere that co-op brings to most games. Gameplay feels exactly like the first 2. The only difference is you now fight human enemies with guns on occasion. There not as interesting to fight as the necromorphs though.

Difficulty wise playing on impossible, its nothing too hard, died 3-4 times each but reloads are very fast, and not come close to getting stuck anywhere. Health and ammo are plentiful. Limited resources for crafting so far.

Playing on PC and graphically its quite a nice game that runs well, no stability issues and PC mouse and keyboard controls are perfectly fine.

One thing that disappoints me a little is that the cut scenes are centered around Issac and that second character in co-op doesn't get his own versions of cut scenes,
    so in one scene very early on where he appears to be killed in Issac's cut scene, when the scene is over he magically appears okay with no explanation. Its not the only cut scene that happens in either
    I thought with such a emphasis on co-op in this game that could of been done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Awful game! Such a shame another horror/survival game turned into action orientated game. I feel like I'm playing Mass Effect and not Dead Space tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

9.5 from Polygon
    http://www.polygon.com/game/dead-space-3/2886#review_update_3702367

The guy who wrote it thinks Dead Space 2 is one of the best games this gen and I agree with him.
    I think if you like DS2 you'll like DS3.

I played DS2 before DS1, and I much preferred DS2.

A lot of people say DS1 was scary and DS2 lost a lot of that atmosphere and scariness, but I feel the opposite it true.
    I believe most people feel that way solely because they played DS1 first and they got used to the game and when DS2 came around
    it wasn't unknown to them anymore and thus less scary. Now with DS3 everyone is saying it's just action and not scary.
    Well, when I first played DS2 I **** my pants, but now it isn't scary one little bit. Not even tense or atmospheric.

Of course, this is just my guess as I haven't played DS3 yet. I'm picking it up tomorrow and playing it co-op with a friend on the weekend.
    I think I'll like it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think Morpork has a valid point. I see this all the time with things. The version you encounter first is the one you'll tend to like the best. Have constant arguents with a mate about which version of a song is better the live version I heard or the studio version he heard.
    Personally I preferred 1 but then I did play that first. I really liked two as well though.

Advertisement