Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 3

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

What the **** is with the stupid ****ingsave system that means everytime I stop playing I start HOURS behind when I reload. Why did they remove the save points?? Why do I have to start a new mission to save my progress?? Why can you not save at a bench at least?? I love Dead Space but this has happened twice since I started playing and I now have to do the wait for the tram while avoiding the regenerator ****head AGAIN! I already done this today >:(

*rant

EDIT: ok Dead Space. You may have convinced me that you didn't save my completion of a full optional mission, placing me miles back and having me redo a section (including audio making it seem like I had the mission still to do), but it turns out you did in fact save. You're forgiven for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Danonino. wrote: »
    What the **** is with the stupid ****ingsave system that means everytime I stop playing I start HOURS behind when I reload. Why did they remove the save points?? Why do I have to start a new mission to save my progress?? Why can you not save at a bench at least?? I love Dead Space but this has happened twice since I started playing and I now have to do the wait for the tram while avoiding the regenerator ****head AGAIN! I already done this today >:(

*rant

EDIT: ok Dead Space. You may have convinced me that you didn't save my completion of a full optional mission, placing me miles back and having me redo a section (including audio making it seem like I had the mission still to do), but it turns out you did in fact save. You're forgiven for now.

Haha the Conning Tower Fiasco. Same thing happened to me.
    The more I play, the more I realise the save system is just fine.

Yep it was the Conning Tower part lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Anyone else excited for Awakened?

The awakend reviews are shocking O_o
    I wish they would just stop with all this DLC nonsense, its a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Danonino. wrote: »
    The awakend reviews are shocking O_o
    I wish they would just stop with all this DLC nonsense, its a joke.

what are they saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    what are they saying?
    That it's a giant bag of **** made up of re-used assets which "hints" at a
    continuation of the series which will be even more action focused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

gizmo wrote: »
    That it's a giant bag of **** made up of re-used assets which "hints" at a
    continuation of the series which will be even more action focused

I honestly think awakened is what Dead Space 3 should have been. It's focused far more on the horror aspect of the game which is what I loved about the first 1.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just finished this in co-op.

I thought it was good overall. Gameplay was pretty much the same as before, a few new enemy types. The jittery fast moving necromorphs where quite challenging and probably the most memorable enemy. Also new are enemy human soliders, there not that interesting to fight but they do make a change from fighting the necromorphs. They don't appear to often or for two long. Overall difficulty was easy enough till about 2 thirds in when enemies become a lot tougher and appeared in greater numbers. We struggled on with some weak guns for a good while until my mate finally figured out the crafting system and we upgraded our firepower. Crafting system looks complex but its really not. As for micro transactions we never went near them, nor did we ever feel the need too. Resources where plentiful through out the game.

No real horror scary sections, but was playing co-op so was more of wise cracking environment, a few tense sections when enemies occasionally got the drop on us. Game felt padded in the third qauter, lots of copy paste environments which made navigation confusing even with the objective marker.

Graphically it looked nice and ran well on PC but its not really amazing looking. Audio is good too. Story wise it was okay, nothing terrible or spectacular, we took bets on which characters was going be killed off next. The co-op aspects of 1 player suffering from hallucinations was pretty cool.

Probably the weakest of the 3 Dead Space games but still solid.
    I give it a 7.5/10.

^ I'd agree with this.

Extraction (thought as a spin off it was great), 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games especially 2. That game was so close to perfect I honestly no complaints other than the last boss was a bit ****e. I remember loving the fact EA started a new IP along with mirrors edge and the like to shut people up complaining about how they milk every franchise until they become a shell of what made them so awesome in the first place.

Guess it only took 4 games or so for Deadspace to turn inside out :(

As a fan of the series I find it worrying that I completed the DS3 single player and never returned to play the co-op missions :\ I have a feeling 3 could be the last in the series. It seems to have kind of lost its way and wasn't there lay-offs at Visceral?

Also thought it would have been cooler to kill off Isaac early in 3 and have Ellie take over. I really enjoyed the alternate heroes in Extraction etc and Isaac started stepping a little too far into superhero territory in 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Have a spare dead space 1 key for anybody who is interested just message me. steam or origin.

Also got dead space 3 in the Humble Bundle if anyone else fancy's some co-op over the next few weeks let me know as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Currently playing this game these days on my xbox

Just starting chapter 12. I am playing on my own, so no co-op.

I have done only some of the optional mission, did the Armory mission in chapter 11 tonight. Easy enough.

I have my plasma cutter upgraded to the last, most bars are almost full. Literally 1 shot takes down runners, bigger guys take 2 shots or maybe 3 for the tougher ones. Fast moving enemies are the toughest for me. I have most of my Rig upgraded too, although the last slot for health requires 1000 gel!!

I know its more the same, but a decent enough game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Played this for around 30 mins after buying the Humble Bundle. I died trying to climb off a moving train. I have zero motivation to play this again. Is it any good? How does the Co-op work? I couldn't find any games to join

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Co-op's a good laugh with a friend.
    You can set up a public game and anyone can join. Played a bit this weekend and got people joining pretty regularly. You can invite a friend to a private game.

Advertisement