Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB roll out date delayed?

Options
  • 26-09-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I joined Eircom at the end of last year on the 8MB NGB bundle. I knew when joining that NGB had not been rolled out in my area, Blackrock, Co. Louth, yet but I was informed that it would be completed by June 2011. The Eircom NGB website also stated the region would be updated between April - June 2011. We are now at the end of September and NGB is still not available in my area and I am getting 1MB. The NGB website has not been updated with a new date. do any of the eircom reps online know when the upgrade is due?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

The website is entirely useless. I remember when I signed up for 8Mb NGB, I had the full 8Mb, but the site said it wasnt rolled out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cowsfriend

DjFlin wrote: »
    The website is entirely useless. I remember when I signed up for 8Mb NGB, I had the full 8Mb, but the site said it wasnt rolled out yet.

I've done speed tests on my service and I definitely don't have NGB, I'm lucky if I get 1MB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

cowsfriend wrote: »
    I've done speed tests on my service and I definitely don't have NGB, I'm lucky if I get 1MB!

Hi cowsfriend
    if you PM me your tel. no. I can advise of speeds on your line and of NGN migration in your area.
    Tony

Hi cowsfriend
    if you PM me your tel. no. I can advise of speeds on your line and of NGN migration in your area.
    Tony

Tony, PM sent!

Tony, PM sent!

Thanks cowsfriend, have just replied by Pm.
    Tony

• Advertisement

For anyone else reading this, Tony has confirmed that migration in my area has been delayed until the end of the year!

For anyone else reading this, Tony has confirmed that migration in my area has been delayed until the end of the year!

Hi cowsfriend
    just to clarify, I confirmed that there would be a delay in the migration of this exchange due to engineering issues on earlier exchanges and that this exchange would be enabled before the year end, not necessarily at year end, we hope to have migration complete sooner than year end..
    I have asked for further info and will post as soon as I have a migration date.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tony,

You were trying to get the ngb.ie map updated a week or two back.

As there are 40 exchanges left in the program could you get a list of the anticipated go live and migration completion months for them especially seeing as they are all supposed to be done by year end so someone in eircom should know the current situation at this time.

I appreciate that one or two may miss the 31 dec deadline for unforeseen reasons but most should be on track.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Tony,

You were trying to get the ngb.ie map updated a week or two back.

As there are 40 exchanges left in the program could you get a list of the anticipated go live and migration completion months for them especially seeing as they are all supposed to be done by year end so someone in eircom should know the current situation at this time.

I appreciate that one or two may miss the 31 dec deadline for unforeseen reasons but most should be on track.

Yes true Sponge Bob, this is taking time to resolve:o
    I don't have access to an official list of exchanges remaining. I do know that there is no approx go live dates and that exchanges will be migrated around the technicians workload. The weather two weeks ago has placed extra demands on this but it does appear that this issue have been cleared..
    I do have a list of the immediate exchanges due for upgrade, if this helps, these dates are planned migration dates and it is possible with any migration that there could be issues which could delay full migration..

For Oct 05 DSL Enabled

· Naul

· Rossnowlagh

For Sept 30

. Ringaskiddy

· Ballignagar

· Little Island

Hope this is of some help.
    Tony

The Naul and Rossnowlagh are outlier remnants of the 330 exchange program announced in March 2007 are they not, I doubt if they will be NGB enabled somehow. Nice to see them getting done even if they are 2 years behind in effect.

Ringaskiddy
    Ballinagar
    Little Island

look like NGB enablements. Ballinagar , BXG is tiny :)

• Advertisement

The Naul and Rossnowlagh are outlier remnants of the 330 exchange program announced in March 2007 are they not, I doubt if they will be NGB enabled somehow. Nice to see them getting done even if they are 2 years behind in effect.

Ringaskiddy
    Ballinagar
    Little Island

look like NGB enablements. Ballinagar , BXG is tiny :)

Correct Sponge Bob, my mistake, those two exchange are to be DSL enabled. Thanks. Have made change.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Hi Tony. Are the exchanges marked on the NGB map the only exchanges that Eircom will upgrade? Or are there plans to upgrade other exchanges in the future?

lockup35 wrote: »
    Hi Tony. Are the exchanges marked on the NGB map the only exchanges that Eircom will upgrade? Or are there plans to upgrade other exchanges in the future?

Hi lockup
    The NGB exchange map shows the rollout for this year, I am afraid I have no information at this time on further NGB roll out for following year. I would expect to know more nearer end of year.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 10 honnaddannoh

Hi Tony ,

Any word on the Kinnegad Co.Wesmeath exchange?

I was pre-sold the 8mb regular NGB product, But i am stuck on the 3mb chatter package untill then.

The roll out map indicates the exchange will be upgraded between July-Sept 2011.

There is no sign of anything yet with conflicting answers from a host of Eircom employees. No one seems to know anything .

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Tony ,

I was pre-sold the 8mb regular NGB product, But i am stuck on the 3mb chatter package untill then.

The roll out map indicates the exchange will be upgraded between July-Sept 2011.

There is no sign of anything yet with conflicting answers from a host of Eircom employees. No one seems to know anything .

Hi honnaddannoh,

I'll try to check this further, though as above post, we don't have more information on NGB upgrades at this point. Will post here if I get any more information on this exchange.

regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kieranl

Hi honnaddannoh,

Did you ever manage to get an answer? I too am stuck on the 3mb package :(

Kieran

I had to make a complaint to get an answer Kieran .

Eircom have now told me the upgrade of the Kinnegad Exchange has been pushed back untill the 4th quarter ie- Oct/Dec .

I threatened to bring my business elsewhere unless this commitment is met .

Did you get any other feedback yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Tony ,

Hi honnaddannoh,

I checked with the NGB roll-out team. The Kinnegad exchange in Co.Wesmeath is on the roll-out list for the end of December 2011.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark ,

Speedy response from an Eircom official is a breath of fresh air .

I know you say it is on the cards for the end of December , But i have been hearing this same story since July 2010 .

I really hope this is the case.

Really wish Eircom would have the cop-on to update there main coverage map instead of giving so many potential customers wrong information .

Maybe they enjoy digging holes for them selves .

Lucky UPC aren't in the area yet .

Tired Regards

Daniel

Hi Mark ,

Speedy response from an Eircom official is a breath of fresh air .

I know you say it is on the cards for the end of December , But i have been hearing this same story since July 2010 .

I really hope this is the case.

Really wish Eircom would have the cop-on to update there main coverage map instead of giving so many potential customers wrong information .

Maybe they enjoy digging holes for them selves .

Lucky UPC aren't in the area yet .

Tired Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I understand you have been given guidelines before. However I have made aware that we are confident of this time-frame and I will keep you posted of any developments.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

I have made aware that we are confident of this time-frame and
    That means you must launch 40 odd exchanges in 7 weeks Mark, are you still sure they will all launch??

That means you must launch 40 odd exchanges in 7 weeks Mark, are you still sure they will all launch??

Hi Sponge Bob,

I only refered to one exchange in my reply.

Regards, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kieranl

Hi Guys, just received word from Eircom via Twitter to say that "there is no indication as to if or when the Kinnegad exchange in Westmeath will be NGB enabled. It is not on list which goes as far as June 2012."

This is despite the comment earlier in the thread that it was due for a Dec rollout. :(

Can I have release dates for the following NGB exchanges in Galway please

Casla
    Spiddal
    Athenry

all Co Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Has the Blackrock,Co.Louth exchange been updated to NGB?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Delboy5

What about the Clones, Co. Monaghan exchange, repeatedly i've been told "before the end of the year", is that still the case ??

toby2111 wrote: »
    Has the Blackrock,Co.Louth exchange been updated to NGB?

Hi toby2111,

The Blackrock exchange in Co.Louth was NGB enabled on the 11/11/2011.

Thanks, Mark

Delboy5 wrote: »
    What about the Clones, Co. Monaghan exchange, repeatedly i've been told "before the end of the year", is that still the case ??

Hi Delboy5,

We received an update of the NGB rollout list on Friday 18/11/2011, the Clones exchange in Co. Monaghan is still on course for the end of 2011.

Thanks, Mark

Casla
    Spiddal
    Athenry ( see below)

all Co Galway.

Any update Mark???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Casla
    Spiddal
    Athenry

all Co Galway.

I'm on the Athenry Exchange and my line went to NGB four or five weeks ago.

Advertisement