Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB roll out date delayed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 limerickred

Hi Mark,would you know when the exchange in Newcastle West,Co. Limerick is due to be upgraded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Mark,would you know when the exchange in Newcastle West,Co. Limerick is due to be upgraded?

Hi limerickred,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

The Newcastle West, exchange is due to be upgraded by the first quarter or the new year.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Need dates for

Spiddal Exchange Galway
    Casla ( Costelloe) Exchange Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rorypat

Any idea when Tralee will be updated to NGB?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 limerickred

Hi limerickred,

The Newcastle West, exchange is due to be upgraded by the first quarter or the new year.

Best regards,
    Ant
    Thanks for the reply,NGB.ie had it down for Sep-Nov but wasn't sure how accurate their website was.

• Advertisement

wasn't sure how accurate their website was.
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

I noticed that Tralee has lost it's color coding on the (in)famous map.
    Listowel and Killarney have held on to their's (Light blue April-June).
    Hopefully it means that something is imminent, not that the upgrade has been flushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rorypat

ainiseoir wrote: »
    I noticed that Tralee has lost it's color coding on the (in)famous map.
    Listowel and Killarney have held on to their's (Light blue April-June).
    Hopefully it means that something is imminent, not that the upgrade has been flushed.

I got a letter from Eircom in the summer telling me NGB was in my area already. Checked here and knew it was rubbish and my bill nerver changed to reflect it.

My connection has been a bit off recently, turning on/off the router about once a week sorts it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tristangkc

Hi honnaddannoh,

I checked with the NGB roll-out team. The Kinnegad exchange in Co.Wesmeath is on the roll-out list for the end of December 2011.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

This is great news to hear that the Kinnegad exchange is to be upgraded by the end of this month.

Does this exchange cover Killucan, or does a seperate upgrade have to happen there? If so when is that due to take place?

kieranl mentioned that he received notice from Eircom via twitter that the Kinnegad exchange was not due to be upgraded in December. So is the upgrade still going ahead?

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tristangkc

tristangkc wrote: »
    Mark,

This is great news to hear that the Kinnegad exchange is to be upgraded by the end of this month.

Does this exchange cover Killucan, or does a seperate upgrade have to happen there? If so when is that due to take place?

kieranl mentioned that he received notice from Eircom via twitter that the Kinnegad exchange was not due to be upgraded in December. So is the upgrade still going ahead?

Thanks for the info

In case anyone wanted to know, Ant via twitter informed me that the Killucan exchange is due to be upgraded and NGB enabled in the first quarter of 2012.

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    24 11 2011 Need dates for

Spiddal Exchange Galway
    Casla ( Costelloe) Exchange Galway

STILL need dates, no twitter.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    STILL need dates, no twitter.

Still need dates!!!! 3 week old req now.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

got mine "upgraded to NGB during the summer" nothing has changed my internet still runs at 1.5mb at best. so much for 8mb eh.

they upgraded the exchange but never upgraded the phone lines so they cant handle any higher speed. pretty pointless really, getting my hopes up for nothing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any word on anything faster than 3 mb for Monasterevin Co Kildare?
    If i go over 3mb i willl get latcncy and high ping issues with the current offerings from eircom.
    A tiny village 4 miles from us has NGB,why ahvent we?, the town next to us Kildare town has up to 24 mb, my brother is on 15 mb there :(
    This is just sickening, the population in Monasterevin has gone through the roof yet we have no sign of anything faster.

I spoke to the eircom guy who called to fix a fault in our area a couple of weeks ago and asked him about fibre coming to the town as its listed on the eircom fibre network map here
    http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/eircom-fibre-network

His response was not a hope with eircom,i then asked about NGB and he also said not a hope, so whats going on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Dcully wrote: »
    Any word on anything faster than 3 mb for Monasterevin Co Kildare?
    If i go over 3mb i willl get latcncy and high ping issues with the current offerings from eircom.
    A tiny village 4 miles from us has NGB,why ahvent we?, the town next to us Kildare town has up to 24 mb, my brother is on 15 mb there :(
    This is just sickening, the population in Monasterevin has gone through the roof yet we have no sign of anything faster.

I spoke to the eircom guy who called to fix a fault in our area a couple of weeks ago and asked him about fibre coming to the town as its listed on the eircom fibre network map here

His response was not a hope with eircom,i then asked about NGB and he also said not a hope, so whats going on ?

Hi Dcully,

I appreciate it is frustrating that you can see network / speed improvements progressing in surrounding areas.

However the fibre roll-out is still in the pilot scheme and at the moment and Wexford and Some areas in south Dublin are the areas rolled out. It will be next year before we have definitive information on on when additional areas will be targeted as part of the fibre scheme.

As I advised before there is no indication as to if or when the Monasterevan exchange in Kildare will be NGB enabled.

I apologise but as soon as we do have any information regarding exchange being enabled and NGB enabled we will post it here on boards.ie

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thats all well and good but why is Monasterevin listed on the fibre map?

Thanks for replying.

I would think because its near the train line to Cork and Limerick.
    The trains passing by didn't do the fibre a whole lot of good I believe.
    I wouldn't get too fussed about it.
    I am given to understand that a lot of the fibre that was laid down with such urgency years back wasn't worth the effort.
    Still some folks made a bob or two and isn't that all that matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

I would think because its near the train line to Cork and Limerick.
    The trains passing by didn't do the fibre a whole lot of good I believe.
    I wouldn't get too fussed about it.
    I am given to understand that a lot of the fibre that was laid down with such urgency years back wasn't worth the effort.
    Still some folks made a bob or two and isn't that all that matters?

haha trains really?? i would be very surprised if that was true. the fibers use light to transmit the signals whereas traditional copper cables use electricity. really dont see how trains can effect them, they seem to cross the oceans no problem what so ever.

Apparently the UK and sending a new transatlantic fiber optic cable across to the US sometime soon, theres the option for a connection to be brought off this into cork which will give much faster internet speeds to the south of the country.
    that is of course if the government decide to put the money into it, they would be stupid if they didnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bethehokies

I know this thread is getting old, so apologies for posting out of turn. I am just on the boundary of Galway City. My broadband is currently blisteringly fast at a hearty 1Mb at best... it is simply driving me potty since all files within my lan transfer at 1000mb on cat6. eircom tell me that fibre is on the way but wont tell me if our line will be up to it. Can anyone tell me how to get past the lack of knowledge in the deplorable eircom sales teams and find out if there is even a hint of a fibre plan for a given area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

Hi limerickred,

Best regards,
    Ant

Any update on Newcastle West Ant?

Rang eircom today to see can I get a line upgrade from 3mb and girl on the phone said NGB won't be in Newcastle until 2013 at the earliest.

When I asked would up to 24mb be available when it arrives in 2013 and she replied don't waste your money you won't get that speed on NGB.

Any truth in that?

Lovely girl and fair play to her for the honesty, nothing worse than being lied to and dragged along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Squall19,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards

Your exchange, Newcastle West, is due to be upgraded to NGB in the first quarter of this year - 2012. Most likely this upgrade will go through in the next few months. All NGB upgrades are subject to planned works and there is no guarantee given with all upgrades to NGB. Please see www.ngb.ie for more information.

I don't have any information on what the optimum speed will be availble, until the NGB upgrade goes through, although it will be enabled for at least 8Mb.

Best wishes,
    Ant
    Squall19 wrote: »
    Any update on Newcastle West Ant?

Rang eircom today to see can I get a line upgrade from 3mb and girl on the phone said NGB won't be in Newcastle until 2013 at the earliest.

When I asked would up to 24mb be available when it arrives in 2013 and she replied don't waste your money you won't get that speed on NGB.

Any truth in that?

Lovely girl and fair play to her for the honesty, nothing worse than being lied to and dragged along.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

My brother received a call from eircom today to switch back to them because they will very soon be offering very high speed internet in our area. He is by no way techie so he didn't take it in..

I presume this could only be fibre internet but I can't find any detail anywhere on the eircom website of upgrade plans.

Our exchange is Emyvale, Monaghan although we live 3 miles from that in Carrickroe.

Does anyone have any info on these upgrades in this area?

Emyvale is not on any upgrade list that I heard of. Nor does NGB deliver anything more at 3 miles.

I opened the link from further up this thread and it shows Emyvale as some NR (Node Reach) site on it's fibre network.

Perhaps this is what eircom phoned about?

Maybe someone has redrawn the Border and BT are offering you fibre!

Maybe someone has redrawn the Border and BT are offering you fibre!

It's the only thing I'd take off them lol

All hilarious comments aside, any of you eircom guys have any details of what eircom where talking about when they phoned talking of some hi-speed Internet coming to our area?

Would she just have been lying to get the bro to switch back when the service is never going to be upgraded??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

mcquaim wrote: »
    All hilarious comments aside, any of you eircom guys have any details of what eircom where talking about when they phoned talking of some hi-speed Internet coming to our area?

Would she just have been lying to get the bro to switch back when the service is never going to be upgraded??

Hi mcquaim
    I have taken your address details and will find out about any high speed link. I am also chasing this with the sales team to see if they were offering this plan within your area. Could you PM me your bros' tel no? This will help me track any sales call and confirm any upgrade to line.
    Hope to have feedback on both soon.
    Tony

mcquaim wrote: »

Hi mcquaim
    I have taken your address details and will find out about any high speed link. I am also chasing this with the sales team to see if they were offering this plan within your area. Could you PM me your bros' tel no? This will help me track any sales call and confirm any upgrade to line.
    Hope to have feedback on both soon.
    Tony

Thanks Tony, PM sent!

• Advertisement

Come up with anything on this Tony?

Advertisement