Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB roll out date delayed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

mcquaim wrote: »
    Come up with anything on this Tony?

Hi mcquaim

I have found no such roll out in this area. As your brother did not specify what this high speed connection is I am assuming either Fibre or NGB.
    I can only advise that our fibre roll out for this year covers
    Mervue (Galway); Douglas (Cork); Dooradoyle (Limerick); Tallaght, Ballyboden, Palmerstown, Swords, Donabate Co. Dublin; Clonee, Co Meath; Letterkenny, Co Donegal;
    I do not see any plan within the next 6 months to have this exchange migrated to NGB.
    Hope this at least answers your question.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dob99

In mid-2010, the information I was given was that the whole country would be migrated by April 2011. Then in May 2011, I was told the upgrade would be complete by the end of the year. I've checked ngb.ie several times and the information there is woefully inaccurate/out-of-date.

I've stuck with Eircom even though their competitors offer similar products for less. I'm really reconsidering that decision now as I feel I'm being given the complete run-around.

Any information on when the Templemore exchange will be upgraded and whether it'll just be 8Mb NGB or if 24Mb will be available? (I'm currently getting about 5.5Mb on the 7Mb plan.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pdidit

what area will the mervue(Galway) cover? how do i find out what exchange i'm connected to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Everywhere East and North of Moneenageisha as far as about the N18 at Carnmore and north to the Curragh Line.

The Boundary is shown here. http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fwww.nextgenerationethernet.com%2Fexchanges.kmz

However I must warn you that eircom promised Basic ADSL Broadband to some rural parts of Ireland in early April 2007 and have yet to deliver or even had the courtesy to explain the delay in delivering it almost 5 years later. :(

Furthermore eircom missed a self admitted 31 December 2011 deadline to enable NGB in 240 exchanges and have so far managed to enable around 220 or so of them, now in early February 2012.

cheers for that sponge bob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Tony ,

Any word on the Kinnegad Co.Wesmeath exchange?

I was pre-sold the 8mb regular NGB product, But i am stuck on the 3mb chatter package untill then.

The roll out map indicates the exchange will be upgraded between July-Sept 2011.

There is no sign of anything yet with conflicting answers from a host of Eircom employees. No one seems to know anything .

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hi honnaddannoh,

I checked with the NGB roll-out team. The Kinnegad exchange in Co.Wesmeath (KGDB) is in the Q1 file for 2012.

The NGB team are hopeful the exchange will be NGB enabled by the end of June this year.

I will let you know as soon as we have a more definitive activation date.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

I checked with the NGB roll-out team. The Kinnegad exchange in Co.Wesmeath (KGDB) is in the Q1 file for 2012.

The NGB team are hopeful the exchange will be NGB enabled by the end of June this year..

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Maybe being a bit pedantic but should that not be Q2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 asmokinshadwo

Hi. I was wondering when the Piltown, co. Kilkenny exchange will be upgraded? I am paying for a 3mb package - promised a 8mb package. The actual speed I am currently getting is 0.59 Mbps. It can't run even one xbox. This is reminiscent of dialup.

Went will the exchange for corrandula/claregalway in Galway be updated???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 honnaddannoh

Eircom are notorious for telling people what they need to hear to keep there custom. This is coming from a previous Eircom employee !

I have recently switched reluctantly to Vodafone because of Eircoms incompetent swarm of zombie staff !

June 2011 - On Eircoms NGB Rollout map it indicated my home town of Kinnegad was due to be upgraded to NGB between June 2011/Sept 2011. So like the duche i was i signed up to a package with the thought of NGB in the near future in the back of my mind.

September rolls up - No upgrade ... ? Phoned up Eircom to be told it has been pushed back to the 4th quarter of 2011 Sept/Dec .

December rolls up - No upgrade ... no NGB .Phoned up to be told again its been pushed back to ......... nope the upgrade plans have been scrapped !

Made a couple of complaints to get out of my contract and switched to Vodafone.

Still on Eircoms NGB rollout map it indicates the upgrade is to take place between June/Sept 2011?

Why can't Irelands primary telecommunications company just give some accurate information ? And update there sales staff with it while there at it!

A pack of monkeys on crack would be able to give you more reliable answers then any Eircom affiliate - FACT !

They are the biggest pack of conmen in Ireland.

Don't waste your money on any of their inferior packages .

• Advertisement

Why can't Irelands primary telecommunications company just give some accurate information ? And update there sales staff with it while there at it!
    There is another thread around here listing exchanges that were promised basic ADSL 5 years ago and still don't have it. Once they go beyond June/September 2015 for ADSL2+ you will have grounds to really complain!

pdidit wrote: »
    Went will the exchange for corrandula/claregalway in Galway be updated???

Hi pdidit
    I am afraid that this exchange is not currently scheduled for upgrade to NGB.
    Tony

Hi. I was wondering when the Piltown, co. Kilkenny exchange will be upgraded? I am paying for a 3mb package - promised a 8mb package. The actual speed I am currently getting is 0.59 Mbps. It can't run even one xbox. This is reminiscent of dialup.
    Hi asmokinshadwo
    Can you PM me your tel number and I can test this for you. Did you request a 3mb plan or the 8Mb Plan?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Hi Mark/Tony,
    When will Eircom update the NGB map on your website so that it's accurate. Even Digiweb have an up-to-date list of NGB enabled exchanges on their website..

Hi pdidit
    I am afraid that this exchange is not currently scheduled for upgrade to NGB.
    Tony

Corrundulla CDA and Claregalway CLG are 2 separate but nearby exchanges Tony.

I am quite surprised Claregalway is not being NGB enabled.
    lockup35 wrote: »
    Hi Mark/Tony,
    When will Eircom update the NGB map on your website so that it's accurate. Even Digiweb have an up-to-date list of NGB enabled exchanges on their website..

They have indeed :)

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/bundles/ngb/enabled.pdf[ Feb 2012 list not Feb 2011 list.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pukeko

Hi All,
    Might be a silly question but how can you tell what exchange you are connected to? Do most towns/villages/areas have exchanges? Is there a website where you can enter your phone number and it will tell you? I'm in Killeagh which is between Midleton and Youghal on the N25, both of those exchanges are NGB enabled but little aul Killeagh isn't as far as i can see. bummer. I'm an 024 number.

pukeko wrote: »
    Is there a website where you can enter your phone number and it will tell you?

Yes, www.homevision.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Any chance of Caher, County Clare (061) EVER getting broadband ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Any chance of Caher, County Clare (061) EVER getting broadband ??

Hi Chicken Run,

I checked with the bitstream broadband roll out team. I am afraid there is no indication as to if or when the Caher exchange in Clare may be broadband enabled.

Sorry I could not get back with better news.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cool666

Hi when is Ardagh Co Limerick going to be upgraded the map stops at reens pike which is ridiculous. We are beside the biggest town Limerick and even that doesn't get proper attention

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sponge Bob wrote: »

I just tried that and got the following , yet ngb isnt even available here.
    Im stuck on crappy 3mb.

Your Exchange is: MONASTEREVAN
    Services Available: Phone,Broadband
    Line Quality: 18.81MB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

cool666 wrote: »
    Hi when is Ardagh Co Limerick going to be upgraded the map stops at reens pike which is ridiculous. We are beside the biggest town Limerick and even that doesn't get proper attention

Hi cool666

Having checked the NGB roll-out list, I'm afraid there is no indication / update as to when or if the Ardagh exchange in co Limerick may be NGB enabled. However we will receive a new NGB roll out list in January 2013 if you would like to check back with us then for more information.

Regards
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Dcully wrote: »
    I just tried that and got the following , yet ngb isnt even available here.
    Im stuck on crappy 3mb.

Your Exchange is: MONASTEREVAN
    Services Available: Phone,Broadband
    Line Quality: 18.81MB

I used that site in the past and my line quality was 21MB not surprising though, my ASDL line is fairly good.

I live about ten miles outside Limerick city in a rural village. On a 7meg ( 324kb upload) package and get usually 6.5 meg down and 312kb up

I think my line is capable, but for some reason Eircom is sticking to their policy of not upping speeds for rural customers. Hopefully 4G will come next year and i will switch over if the speeds are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

I used that site in the past and my line quality was 21MB not surprising though, my ASDL line is fairly good.

I live about ten miles outside Limerick city in a rural village. On a 7meg ( 324kb upload) package and get usually 6.5 meg down and 312kb up

I think my line is capable, but for some reason Eircom is sticking to their policy of not upping speeds for rural customers. Hopefully 4G will come next year and i will switch over if the speeds are better.

It seems a lot of the lines are capable but cant think of why they dont...
    running right outside my house are silly amounts of optic cables instored for the eurovision years back... so they could deal with the massive amounts of communications that resulted in.... but do you think you can get even dial in the area!!!! would make far too much sense!! and they wonder why their in trouble and have examiners in !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

It seems a lot of the lines are capable but cant think of why they dont...
    running right outside my house are silly amounts of optic cables instored for the eurovision years back... so they could deal with the massive amounts of communications that resulted in.... but do you think you can get even dial in the area!!!! would make far too much sense!! and they wonder why their in trouble and have examiners in !!

Investment in NGB is waste of time and money it does very little to improve the standard of broadband. If i was Eircom, i would invest in upping the speeds for some rural customers were the lines are capable.

4G allegedly will supply speeds of 30 meg down, if thats likely. NGB has a very short shelf life.

Ya hopefully 4g will speed things up it works in the uk :) but optic cable please in rural villages

• Registered Users Posts: 37 djiffou

Maybe Santa will provide optic cables in rural areas, after all Christmas is coming...
    I'd love for a new exchange to be set up in Barntick, right outside the house, to get more than 1.06MB for a change ;)

ya I get between 1 and 2mb usually 1 :( even do its a 11mb line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cool666 wrote: »
    ya I get between 1 and 2mb usually 1 :( even do its a 11mb line

Hi Cool666

I you are an eircom customer would you like to PM me your landline number/account number as i may be able to help out.

Thanks

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 JerG

Hi there can some 1 please tell me if Newcastlewest Co.Limerick has NGB thanks :-)

Advertisement