Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

start up costs and advice

Options
  • 27-09-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Im looking to start up a company in Drogheda. So far i have an idea and have done as much research with regards is there a market and all answers point to yes. It is a food consumer business but i wouldnt be dealing with meat, veg or raw foods, mainly confectionary, so im wondering would i need haccp? Also outside of the registering the company could anybody tell me what kind of cost would i have to save for. My background is in sales, marketing, and hospitality. I have run my own small business repairing computers for the last 6 months, altough it has been quite profitable i dont have a passion or see it as a long term prospect with kids getting more knowledgable. Any advice would be much appreciated. So far i know my lease price, council rates, rough insurance price, and cost of supplies.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ei8dqb

If you contact DroghedaChamber of Commerce they would be delighted to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Im looking to start up a company in Drogheda. So far i have an idea and have done as much research with regards is there a market and all answers point to yes. It is a food consumer business but i wouldnt be dealing with meat, veg or raw foods, mainly confectionary, so im wondering would i need haccp? Also outside of the registering the company could anybody tell me what kind of cost would i have to save for. My background is in sales, marketing, and hospitality. I have run my own small business repairing computers for the last 6 months, altough it has been quite profitable i dont have a passion or see it as a long term prospect with kids getting more knowledgable. Any advice would be much appreciated. So far i know my lease price, council rates, rough insurance price, and cost of supplies.
    Cheers

You def need a Primary Food Hygiene course, maybe the HACCP as well. Are you going to make the stuff yourself? Or you need a chef?

Advertisement