Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Irish /Celtic sleeve help

Options
  • 27-09-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Next year im lookin into gettin an Irish / Celtic sleeve done and im lookin for help / inspiration

I dont want loads of celtic type bands,im lookin for old irish / celtic figures..

something like the children or Lir,Tir na nog,all this kind of stuff from irish folklore and celtic mythology

Main problem is ive not really seen much of this stuff in tattoos and my irish / celtic history hasnt remained in my head since i left school so i need some pointing in the right direction,i need some ideas and such.also is there any tattoo artists in dublin that would be the best choice for this kind of sleeve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Go into easons or wherever & you should be able to find a section with books on celtic artwork & celtic mythology. You might be able to find something that pins down what your thinking.

Can't speak to the artist bit sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

good idea,ill go look around a few books and snap some pics with my phone

still lookin for a good artist for this kind of work if anyone has recomendations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Go into easons or wherever & you should be able to find a section with books on celtic artwork & celtic mythology. You might be able to find something that pins down what your thinking.
    This is good advise, im getting similar sleeve myself (xmas pressie from d misses :) )and thats exactly what i did, you can also buy cheap books on irish art like book of kells etc. helped me out a lot! Not from dublin so dont know any artists I'm afraid

Advertisement