Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband service satisfaction - West Cork area

Options
  • 27-09-2011 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm looking to switch ISP from Vodafone to Eircom. I'm located in Bandon, Co. Cork, and I'm curious about the quality of service provided in my area. I've had great difficulty with Vodafone broadband for the last 2 years, and I'm at the end of my tether. It's very temperamental, I intermittently get frequent disconnects and low download speeds. It's quite atrocious. I've had engineers out and I'm told there's no problem with the line, and I'm close to the exchange. Yet still problems persist with Vodafone.

I've looked into Eircom packages and the website says that a 24MB connection is available where I live. This would be a very nice upgrade for me, as I'm currently on a 7MB connection, but often only receiving about 2MB.

I'd appreciate some feedback from Eircom broadband customers in or near my area, to get an idea of whether or not it's worth switching to. I really need a stable service as my husband and I are avid online gamers, and we find nothing more infuriating than an unreliable internet connection.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Chicks wrote: »
    I'm looking to switch ISP from Vodafone to Eircom. I'm located in Bandon, Co. Cork, and I'm curious about the quality of service provided in my area. I've had great difficulty with Vodafone broadband for the last 2 years, and I'm at the end of my tether. It's very temperamental, I intermittently get frequent disconnects and low download speeds. It's quite atrocious. I've had engineers out and I'm told there's no problem with the line, and I'm close to the exchange. Yet still problems persist with Vodafone.

I've looked into Eircom packages and the website says that a 24MB connection is available where I live. This would be a very nice upgrade for me, as I'm currently on a 7MB connection, but often only receiving about 2MB.

I'd appreciate some feedback from Eircom broadband customers in or near my area, to get an idea of whether or not it's worth switching to. I really need a stable service as my husband and I are avid online gamers, and we find nothing more infuriating than an unreliable internet connection.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Chicks
    Hope you get a ( good :)) response to this. If you PM me the address of the premises you are moving to I should be able to give you a good idea of speeds available.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rockypoint

hi chicks, how did you fare out with eircom? i'm in bandon as well and currently looking for an ISP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

rockypoint wrote: »
    hi chicks, how did you fare out with eircom? i'm in bandon as well and currently looking for an ISP

Hey :)

I didn't actually hear anything back on boards about this, and I don't know anyone here who uses Eircom. Without a good amount of decent feedback I won't be signing up.

Tony was very helpful with giving me information about the service though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Chicks wrote: »
    Hey :)

I didn't actually hear anything back on boards about this, and I don't know anyone here who uses Eircom. Without a good amount of decent feedback I won't be signing up.

Tony was very helpful with giving me information about the service though.

Hi Chicks,

Thanks for getting back to us and I hope the infomation Tony supplied will be helpful and encourage you to sign up to eircom Broadband.

Tony is out of the office for a little while, and I'd appreciate if you could also share his incites and information with fellow poster RockyPoint, who's also in your location.

You can also contact Broadband Sales directly for more information about eircom products and what options may be available in your area.

Broadband Sales - 1800503303 freefone

Alternatively you can check your broadband availability online and sign up to eircom Broadband rightaway on the following website : http://www.eircom.net/broadband/

By completing your order yourself online, you can also avail of further online savings - http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

Let me know if I can help further.

All the best,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

rockypoint wrote: »

Hi rockypoint,

Thanks for posting on eircom's Forum on Boards.

For information on eircom Broadband Packages /Phone Bundles, please contact eircom Broadband Sales.
    They will be able to assist you with all aspects of broadband availability in your area.

Broadband Sales - 1800503303 freefone

Alternatively you can check your broadband availability online and sign up to eircom Broadband rightaway on the following website : http://www.eircom.net/broadband/

By completing your order yourself online, you can also avail of further online savings - http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

Let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement