Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Mary's National Sandyford Query

• 27-09-2011 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for feedback on St Mary's primary school in Sandyford. Does anyone know if this is a good school?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 delhibelly

Hi
    i am also looking for a review on the same school

regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Make that 3!

It has being upgraded recently and looks nice inside (only being in to vote).

many thanks JoeyJJ:) apart from All irish schools are there any other English Medium schools that you can recommend in Sandyford area...we are hoping to move thier mid Nov ,any advice will be much appreciated :)
    thanks
    rgds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

My friends Mum used to do supply teacher in St Mary's and she said it was one of the nicest schools she worked in. That was a long time ago though. I'm from Sandyford but am only recently looking for schools in the area for my own child - So I'd be interested to hear from Parents who already have children in this school. I've spoken to them in St Mary's and my little girls name is on their list for 2012 so there's a good chance she'll go there - my first choice is the Irish school but if she doesn't go there I'll be more than happy with St Mary's. I have never heard anything negative about it and while I don't have exact figures, I believe the class sizes are relatively small. They did build the new extension and it seems to be a very nice school indeed. The only thing that puts me off is the space or the lack of it around the school but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Delihbelly, There are a good few schools in the sandyford area actually ... Our Lady of the Wayside is in Kilternan I know lots of children from Sandyford go up there. There's Holy Trinity in the Gallops and Oakhill (I think) beside bewleys on the leopardstown road. There's also Queen of angles in Balally (There's a review of this school on the dept of education website which isn't all too favourable but it's a couple of years old now so it might be irrelevant at this stage) And then St Olaf's is also in Ballally but closer to Dundrum. So it would depend on what part of Sandyford you move to. I know St Mary's plan to notify parents of the children of 2012 of their place around November so once you are sure you're moving I'd start ringing around.

Greengirl31 ...many many thanks for the info ..much appreciated, can you believe it ..i actually got a call from the Principal -so i have secured two places now ..I am very happy we are actually moving in Sandyford this Nov so education and school was my priority
    thanks for the encouraging words on St Marys ..He also said they run after care school service which is very good as in galway not many schools ..infact hardly any schools carry out such service it takes our wory away if we know our children will be there in the school compound and will be assisted with H/W + they provide hot meals which is fantastic
    My husband will be working in Sandyford BP though i will be travelling by Luas towards St Stephens Green
    All now is left is to find a place ...very expensive though

thanks GG31 god bless
    best regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

delhibelly wrote: »
    many thanks JoeyJJ:) apart from All irish schools are there any other English Medium schools that you can recommend in Sandyford area...we are hoping to move thier mid Nov ,any advice will be much appreciated :)
    thanks
    rgds

you could try st.raphealas primary school in stillorgan.I have been there for primary school and I think its a great school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Preeti25

Hi delhibelly - Just wanted to check if you sent your kids to this school? If so, can you please let me know your feedback please?

Thank You

Advertisement