Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quick question

• 27-09-2011 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just a quick question at the minute our ESB bill is in my boyfriends name,is it posible to change it into my name as I need a utility name in my name for our new house? If so how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hello ascuteasabutton,

If it is merely a situation where you need your name on a bill, you could simply add your own name onto the bill. In order to do this, your boyfriend would need to contact customer care on 1850 372 372 and request your name be added to the account, and you would also be required to confirm this over the phone. Both names would then appear on the electricity bill.

If you are looking to take sole responsibility for the electricity account in the property, we would first need the MPRN number of the property. You would find this number on any electricity bill belonging to the property. We would then need a meter reading and your own details (name, telephone number, and date of birth) in order to set you up with your own account.

If you are setting up on direct debit, we would not require a deposit and we can offer a 4% discount on our standard electricity unit rates, with an additional 2% for online billing and further discounts for piped gas. Without the direct debit, we would require a security deposit of €300.00 in lieu of the direct debit. If you are looking to set up the account with direct debit, you can contact our sales team on 1850 30 50 90. If not, you can PM your details and I can set the account up for you or alternatively you can contact customer care.

I hope this information helps and if you have further questions please ask :)

Regards,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

Thanks so much for the quick reply...its just a matter of getting my name on the bill so I will get him to do that asap..

Thanks again :)

Advertisement