Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in the US

• 27-09-2011 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im moving from Ireland to the US to study and need to find the best way to pay my college fees without losing out too much on foreign exchange rates - it can be so expensive! I've been searching online - Anyone ever used peerTransfer or heard anything about them? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Never heard of it but I assume you're doing the Erasmus year?

If you are you will only have to pay the Irish fees, which is good because in the US students there have to pay like 20 times our own college expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

karaokeman wrote: »
    Never heard of it but I assume you're doing the Erasmus year?

If you are you will only have to pay the Irish fees, which is good because in the US students there have to pay like 20 times our own college expenses.

Not neccessarily, he may actually be moving to study fulltime rather than a mere exchange. A lad from my old school is doing his undergrad at Harvard

Advertisement