Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling Ireland Board September Update

• 27-09-2011 9:44am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Some interesting proposals
    No upgrading/dowgrading at will
    No Irish national or Pro team jerseys in races
    Separate "National Calendar" with minimum race distances

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Beasty wrote: »
    No Irish national or Pro team jerseys in races
    Interestingly what I got from it is that unless you're wearing your club gear, you should be wearing plain stuff. So no boards jerseys in races ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fortunately CI don't govern IVCA races (yet!!), and I don't think the Swords League is too bothered.

Interestingly though, as there's no advertising on the Boards jersey (except, I guess, a little free publicity for the site), I'm wondering if they do fall foul of the rules, or whether they would be considered "plain" enough

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

The jersey rules mostly apply to road/cx. In MTB, you can have personal sponsors (thus different jersey from club) but there are also a few rules attached to that.

Plain has to be very plain - only a small logo from the company that makes the clothing is allowed.

Commissars can be very picky about the rules so if in doubt, check with them before hand.

My body pain skinsuit (http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/Product/21155/castelli-body-paint-long-sleeved-skinsuit.asp) was plain enough - I checked before hand before I bought it - I wanted a generic skinsuit that was team agnostic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The jersey rules mostly apply to road/cx. In MTB, you can have personal sponsors (thus different jersey from club) but there are also a few rules attached to that.

Plain has to be very plain - only a small logo from the company that makes the clothing is allowed.

Commissars can be very picky about the rules so if in doubt, check with them before hand.

My body pain skinsuit (http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/Product/21155/castelli-body-paint-long-sleeved-skinsuit.asp) was plain enough - I checked before hand before I bought it - I wanted a generic skinsuit that was team agnostic

I know commissaires made a rider turn his skin suit inside out so as to hide sponsors logos . They would have stopped him riding otherwise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

@ Beasty: I presume that plain excludes all of these and also others of the likes :D;):p:):rolleyes::pac::confused::P:cool::eek::(:):mad:?

What will you wear?

Also, no advertising for professions, so your robber suit is out too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

ah it was just getting out of hand. the rule is there so rather than some commissaire enforcing it in carrick and it not been enforced in dublin it was best if a uniform(sorry!) approach was taken.

So i except if you turn up in sky shorts or anything else then you will have to tape over the logo's or not race

I hope the National and provincial league idea is accepted.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

One thing I'm a little confused about is the upgrading/downgrading proposal.

I'm assuming that it means the end of mid-season changes in your category (unless promoted on points).

Or does it mean that you can't change categories at all, even at the beginning to the season, i.e. if was racing as an A4 last year, can I register as an A3 this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

One thing I'm a little confused about is the upgrading/downgrading proposal.

I'm assuming that it means the end of mid-season changes in your category (unless promoted on points).

Or does it mean that you can't change categories at all, even at the beginning to the season, i.e. if was racing as an A4 last year, can I register as an A3 this year?

Must be mid season. That'd be the same as saying to a football or rugby team "by the way, you can't get promoted after this season" if you can't upgrade year on year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Must be mid season. That'd be the same as saying to a football or rugby team "by the way, you can't get promoted after this season" if you can't upgrade year on year!

It would be the same as saying that to a football or rugby team who didn't finish high enough up the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

what its actually saying is get enough points go up. Dont get enough points but want to be upgraded ..sorry no. So choose at the start of the year. If you go to A1 next year and score no points for 2 years then you will be downgraded to A2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That jersey rule is ridiculous...

why can't I wear whatever jersey I feel like? If they are trying to restrict it to only club gear then I'd expect clubs to start providing jerseys tbh like any team sport as part of the membership fee.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You don't have to be a member if a club to race. You can race unattached provided you race in a plain kit with no logos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

That jersey rule is ridiculous...

why can't I wear whatever jersey I feel like? If they are trying to restrict it to only club gear then I'd expect clubs to start providing jerseys tbh like any team sport as part of the membership fee.

You can wear whatever you like cycling but in a Cycling Ireland race I think it understandable that it's clear what club you are in (if any). Only fair to other competitors.
    Also re trade jerseys it's effectively a form of advertising and as such unfair to sponsors who put money into clubs and Cycling Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

RobFowl wrote: »
    You can wear whatever you like cycling but in a Cycling Ireland race I think it understandable that it's clear what club you are in (if any). Only fair to other competitors.

I want to know whose in my club so I can chase them down if they get into a break;)

I want to know whose in my club so I can chase them down if they get into a break;)

Written like a true Swords man :D

Advertisement